Phuket people asked to prepare for ‘Tambon Lockdown’

webfact

Phuket people asked to prepare for ‘Tambon Lockdown’

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1586445167_1-org.jpg

Governor Phakaphong at the meeting earlier today (Apr 9). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavitpatana has issued an order for all subdistricts on the island to come under “lockdown”, with no non-essential travel beyond subdistrict borders permitted, starting next Monday (Apr 13), Songkran Day.

The lockdown will be in effect 24 hours a day, from 00.01am on April 13 to 11:59pm on April 26, a total of 14 days “or until the situation is resolved”, said the order.

Six Phuket subdistricts (“tambon” in Thai) – Patong, Karon, Chalong, Rawai, Kathu and Srisoonthorn – are already under lockdown orders, brought into effect over the past week.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-people-asked-to-prepare-for-tambon-lockdown-75657.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-10

5 minutes ago, martinhp said:

It's obviously no matter what he does, especially him, it will not be resolved before a vaccine.

I don't quite understand that martinhp, isn't It suppose to be like a flue strain? (only more deadly) With SARS--MEARS........ we didn't get a vaccine to stop it.

Rawai isn’t currently locked down. I went past Chalong Circle yesterday. Apparently it’s  starting on Monday, the same as the other districts. People who live in one district, but work in another, needed time to make arrangements to be able to survive.the check points are there though, and manned, so ready to go.

i also heard, but don’t know from personal experience, that the main road to Kata is blocked. I don’t see anything on the cliff road from Nai Harn though, unless it’s at the Kata end.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Rawai isn’t currently locked down. I went past Chalong Circle yesterday. Apparently it’s  starting on Monday, the same as the other districts. People who live in one district, but work in another, needed time to make arrangements to be able to survive.the check points are there though, and manned, so ready to go.

i also heard, but don’t know from personal experience, that the main road to Kata is blocked. I don’t see anything on the cliff road from Nai Harn though, unless it’s at the Kata end.

That is blocked about 500 meters down from the view point, Rawai end.

1 hour ago, JohnTJ said:

They should at least let food trucks like Tops through.  Are they not "essential"?

All food and goods will travel as normal so I'm told as is happening now in the already locked down Tambons.

Also reliably informed going out to get food and essentials is allowed. 

21 minutes ago, Sharp said:

All food and goods will travel as normal so I'm told as is happening now in the already locked down Tambons.

Also reliably informed going out to get food and essentials is allowed. 

Looking at the present lockdown of Kata and the intend behind these lockdowns I very much doubt people will be allowed out unless for real emergencies.

Edited by stevenl

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Looking at the present lockdown of Kata and the intend behind these lockdowns I very much doubt people will be allowed out unless for real emergencies.

I can only speak for Kathu and Patong stevenl ,Kata maybe your correct.

5 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

The Kata afternoon/evening market was closed yesterday.  Last week, only stalls selling food stuff only.

Talking about the main full time Market open. Has all the temp screening and mask checks.  All the part time markets closed. So my wife tells me. 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Are the markets opened near you? 2 here in Rawai in full swing 

Food only at those 2 Rawai markets. Don't know about the other Rawai markets closer to Chalong, there is the one close to the Viset traffic lights, the one next to the school and the Sunday morning market just before the circle.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Food only at those 2 Rawai markets. Don't know about the other Rawai markets closer to Chalong, there is the one close to the Viset traffic lights, the one next to the school and the Sunday morning market just before the circle.

Next to the school (Soi Suksan 1 on the short cut to Kata before underpass) which used to be open on tuesday and Saturday is closed since two weeks. Sunday market opposite supercheap near circle as well.

Edited by Chalong circle
adding information

8 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

Next to the school (Soi Suksan 1 on the short cut to Kata before underpass) which used to be open on tuesday and Saturday is closed since two weeks. Sunday market opposite supercheap near circle as well.

So there's only 3 left for us in Rawai. But food only in at least 2, and I would presume all 3.

Edited by stevenl

On 4/10/2020 at 8:49 AM, sanuk711 said:

I don't quite understand that martinhp, isn't It suppose to be like a flue strain? (only more deadly) With SARS--MEARS........ we didn't get a vaccine to stop it.

we did get a vaccine and we have for both sars and mears , its the cure we did not get, 

but the problem with covid19 is the infection rate and you dont know who carrys it ,as they dont have to be sick.

but the governor is counting on 400.000 people but there are more likely a million people up

and right numbers give right result

he is unbelievable unintelligent and that makes him more dangerous than the virus.

the death rate is in average aroud 0,3 % accordingly to the known infected but this number is likely much higher as so 0.3 is likely less.

so this is why the number off hospitals bed and the amound in them is off essens wich way to go.

these numbers will then give you an estimation to how much you can open up without overload your hospital beds capacity .

here you have hungry thais with no work ,some districts no money some have ,with all this cannot help cross districts, problem.

the governor dont help ,but now only he can .

in situation like this you need a leader and he is not ,he dont know how many people on the island ,or how many is cured,or how many hospitals bed, he can have ,or that you can not go from door to door and found out, infected or you can not close in eternity ,or that everyone s future depends on getting back, or why he keeps closure more and more.

too many things he dont understand ,but he do understand he still gets paid every month,

and all this is why it will never end without a vaccine or a cure

and a cure could be immunity.

but one thing is for sure we must move forward as fast as we can but every supposed to be leader dont do that here .