Europe could fall, Italy warns as divided EU seeks coronavirus rescue deal

webfact

2 hours ago, nausea said:

The fact billions of people still live in poverty, given we have the means to cure it, is a shame on the human race.

We don't have the ability to solve it. No matter how much money is thrown at countries with the poor, they never seem to improve. I have a theory as to why, but perhaps at another time, when western countries are not following policies guaranteed to ruin their economies.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

The fall of the EU, I've heard this said before, recently.....

It will happen, it's just a matter of when. This ongoing crisis will accelerate the inevitable.

Looks like it'll be the countries in the Eastern Bloc who will be first to go i.e Poland, Hungary, Czech republic. They've made no bones about how they don't like how the EU is being run, and have resisted many of the measures about immigration, and other things being enacted. This crises will speed up the process.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aspaltso said:

Looks like it'll be the countries in the Eastern Bloc who will be first to go i.e Poland, Hungary, Czech republic. They've made no bones about how they don't like how the EU is being run, and have resisted many of the measures about immigration, and other things being enacted. This crises will speed up the process.

... 555, good riddance then!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2