Europe could fall, Italy warns as divided EU seeks coronavirus rescue deal

webfact

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

The fall of the EU, I've heard this said before, recently.....

It will happen, it's just a matter of when. This ongoing crisis will accelerate the inevitable.

And you know what happens next when Europe falling in peaces from inside? Then next solution is war! Only by a new war, you can unite the people, either it will be Europe against someone else, or country against country! Peace is not stronger than the next big recession and a humanitary crisis as immigration and a virus on top of it. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tagged said:

And you know what happens next when Europe falling in peaces from inside? Then next solution is war! Only by a new war, you can unite the people, either it will be Europe against someone else, or country against country! Peace is not stronger than the next big recession and a humaitary crisis as immigration and a virus on top of it. 

EU (under German rule) Vs UK I'm thinking, that's how our past two wars went.

Edited by BritManToo

2 hours ago, Sundown said:

When Italy will go to vote (sooner or later, it will happen) the right party will win and Salvini will become prime minister. In that right moment Italy will start procedures to get out of EU, this is 100% happening. 

That will equal bankruptcy of Italy. Who will bail them out? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The nations within the EU have an opportunity to see what happens when a country leaves the bloc by watching what happens to the UK.

I think most of them will decide remaining within the EU is a good idea. 

I think Britain will think differently in 50 years. It will still be Britain. The rest of the EU will be a pawn to the overlords in Brussels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

I think covid-19 + immigrant swarms has shown how not united Europe is.  Could take a few years, but the EU is going to be a lot smaller.

Is it not amazing how suddenly the migrant problem has gone POOF (Italy says NO for the next 5 months, in the Netherlands only 150 migrants wandered in in the last 6 weeks as opposed to a regular 900 per month), the air is breathable and even my city Amsterdam is wonderful again without too much traffic, and  zero tourists!! Islamic invaders were repelled at the Greek borders, as they should be.

I could not be more happy. Do let borders exist between countries, do let world tourist travel be a thing of the past. I feel I can finally breathe freely again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, puipuitom said:

The Italians are very well aware of what would happen with the New Lira then... Mr "Selfini" might have a mouth a crock will be jealous of, but the Italians still have brains. Remind, Spain, Portugal, Greece, the Balkans and even Southern France are competitors. 5% import duty of Italian goods into Germanica will break quite some of their export. And travel difficulties their trourism industry.

Since the introduction of the Euro the household savings rate has dramatically collapsed from 14% to nearly 2%. Long story short people is getting poorer and fed up staring at Germany getting richer and richer. Believe me they don't care about what will happen next, they will just do it.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I thought the EU would crumble within the next 10 years anyway. It looks like their failure to take appropriate action re. the virus will speed that up. If Italy goes the house of cards will tumble and 67% of Italians currently believe they'd be better off outside the EU.

It's a flawed model, a protectionist racket and fundamentally undemocratic. I will be glad to see the back of it and return to sovereign nation states trading freely and cooperating with each other. 

Back in the day, companies traded with one another, and government oversaw and regulated that trade.  Maybe where you come from there is not the same distinction between enterprise and governance to which I am accustomed.

I think it will be a disaster for the UK if we have anarchy on both sides of the channel

The situation is quite clear: they want to bankrupt Italy and steal its companies and enormous public property.
They will have the debt aid accepted under threat (European Stability Mechanism ESM is a save bank mechanism), then they will send the Troika, and the citizens will be strangled by the fiscal pressure to repay these dirty debt for the next decades. 
Exactly as happened to the Greek brothers.

FED pass stimulus package,

Bank of England pass stimulus package

Bang of Japan pass stimulus package,

China Central bank  pass stimulus package

even the Bank of Thailand pass stimulus package

but, European Central Bank They NOT, They have monetary seigniorage of a private currency, the EURO.

European Union is the cage where every country eventually will  succumb, except for Germany because this cage was built just for them.

ESM Treaty Reform (December 2019) MUST READ

Maastricht Treaty (February 1992)

Treaty of Lisbon

Edited by zhounan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JonnyF said:

What support? We were a net contributor, meaning we were supporting them not the other way around.

Look at the top 4 contributors to the flawed experiment.

image.png.f60a3eae5c8732fb9938e694b4713987.png

Germany, deep recession.

UK, departed 2 months ago. Phew.

France, deep recession.

Italy, 67% of the population believe they'd be better off outside the EU.

They can't agree on the budget, and they can't agree to the COVID-19 rescue package.

The ship is sinking, but fortunately the UK already left and is half way towards the shore. You won't want to be a part of it when that house of cards comes tumbling down, believe me.

Thanks for posting the graphic. It's difficult to imagine the German people not growing tired of subsidizing the moocher nations yet again.

• Like 2