Will There be a Beer Ban in Pattaya

Worldplus

18 minutes ago, Worldplus said:

Will there be a beer ban this next week or ten days in Pattaya over the cancelled songkran period??

I sincerely hope so.

11 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Do you need a visa to buy beer?

Eeeeh? That deserves a stupid answer. Immigration do not sell beer.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the whole nation is subject to an alcohol ban within the next couple of days.

You read it here first. ????

You guys may want to stock up.....You can bet the ban will be extended beyond April 30 once it happens.....

Edited by fforest1

5 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

You guys may want to stock up.....You can bet the ban will be extended beyond April 30 once it happens.....

Why would you think it will be extended beyond 20 April?  The purpose of the ban is try and stop people partying over Songkran.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why would you think it will be extended beyond 20 April?  The purpose of the ban is try and stop people partying over Songkran.

Songkran is only the excuse for the ban.....Banning alcohol is very much in fashion worldwide these days.... 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

i agree that bulk buying makes you drink and eat more. I have a fridge full of Mars, Snickers and M&Ms

Ahhhh am jealous.  Haven't had a real candy bar for over 2 years.  My priorities have changed a lot - hahaha

13 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Yes, but the mom and pop stores usually carry limited stock as they don't have the money to buy much. Last night went to Makro and GF's sister asked us to buy her 4 cases of beer for her small store. Probably will last about 3 days. Question is will the mom and pop store be able to restock from wholesalers during the ban? 

Best get in early then if you cannot do without beer.

57 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Question is will the mom and pop store be able to restock from wholesalers during the ban? 

The answer to that is most certainly NO. The wholesalers are included in the sales ban.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i agree that bulk buying makes you drink and eat more. I have a fridge full of Mars, Snickers and M&Ms

We are all destined to be 20 stone alcoholics by the time this is done with. (Note for non-UK: 1 stone=14 lbs)

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We are all destined to be 20 stone alcoholics by the time this is done with. (Note for non-UK: 1 stone=14 lbs)

I like chocolate etc but i do a lot of exercise so it evens out, everyone should try and do more exercise, go for 1 or 2 walks every day