Will There be a Beer Ban in Pattaya

Worldplus

ThaiBev's directors and shareholders would have the ear of government, so I can't see a ban.

However, should staff in the breweries and distilleries start to go down with Corona Virus, then you may see some shortages.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

ThaiBev's directors and shareholders would have the ear of government, so I can't see a ban.

However, should staff in the breweries and distilleries start to go down with Corona Virus, then you may see some shortages.

The ban will be here soon you can count on it....The only real question is how long will it last for? 2weeks?   6months? 

1 minute ago, fforest1 said:

The ban will be here soon you can count on it....The only real question is how long will it last for? 2weeks?   6months? 

I've already stocked up.  A ban is possible, but I can't see it happening.  Money Number One here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Take it as a positive if they do, a drink break for a couple of weeks

I like a beer occassionaly,but i think its realy sad when people panic,if the supply is threatened.

There have been hour long quees outside bottle shops in auckland.

12 hours ago, Worldplus said:

Im thinking of going to Makro and buy a box of 12 big Leo's

What is a beer ban? There won't be an alcohol ban in Pattaya since there are already restrictions in place. FYI: There are 77 provinces in Thailand and only 9 + BKK with an alcohol ban so far. 

42 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

What is a beer ban? There won't be an alcohol ban in Pattaya since there are already restrictions in place. FYI: There are 77 provinces in Thailand and only 9 + BKK with an alcohol ban so far. 

According to this list here I count 16 inc Bangkok?

Geta alife Do something creative - If your life is dictated by being able to buy a beer I think you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself how can I help others suffering

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JGV said:

Geta alife Do something creative - If your life is dictated by being able to buy a beer I think you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself how can I help others suffering

It's pattaya, a booze ban, hahaha, the 4 th floor balcony divers will be busy. 

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I worked all my life to be able to have a beer when I want.  My working life allowed me to have the life I have now, and that life includes having a beer.  is that ok with you?  

You can have a beer any time you like. You just can't buy one.

They're not out to get you. It's because they for better or worse think it will discourage gatherings. Even if they're wrong, it's still well intentioned, no need to get your knickers in a twist over it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

You can have a beer any time you like. You just can't buy one.

They're not out to get you. It's because they for better or worse think it will discourage gatherings. Even if they're wrong, it's still well intentioned, no need to get your knickers in a twist over it.

So, while foreigners can't buy beer, the Thai's will be buying 100 baht bottles of Lao Khao on the black market and congregating. 

Talk about bringing the population down to the lowest common denominator. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So, while foreigners can't buy beer, the Thai's will be buying 10o baht bottles of Lao Khao on the black market and congregating. 

If all policies were abandoned on the basis some people might circumvent them, nothing would ever get done. Should we make counterfeit alcohol legal while we're at it?

3 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

If all policies were abandoned on the basis some people might circumvent them, nothing would ever get done. Should we make counterfeit alcohol legal while we're at it?

I understand your point. 

I am simply saying, sell retail beer to people, so they may enjoy at home, and "crackdown" on those congregating in groups, either in public, or holding parties.

• Thanks 1

Immanuel Kant was a real ****ant
who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
who could think you under the table.

David Hume could out-consume
Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel.

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
'bout the raising of the wrist,
Socrates, himself, was permanently ****ed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will

On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away,
Half a crate of whiskey every day.

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bu**er for the bottle,
And Hobbes was fond of his dram.

And Rene Descartes was a drunken fa**,
"I drink, therefore I am."

Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed,
A lovely little thinker, but a bu**er when he's pi**ed.

A drinking song for all you thinkers out there with love from the Monty Python Lads.

Be patient.

30 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I understand your point. 

I am simply saying, sell retail beer to people, so they may enjoy at home, and "crackdown" on those congregating in groups, either in public, or holding parties.

So far so good in Pattaya in relation to your point, picked up my supply at one of the several independent wholesalers within easy drive of my Condo this morning. Prefer them to the big outlets, no queueing and I like to support smaller convenient local businesses where possible. Will top up if a ban actually happens rather than speculation. 

On 4/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, fforest1 said:

Songkran is only the excuse for the ban.....Banning alcohol is very much in fashion worldwide these days.... 

Especially amongst generals in suits who're notoriously anti fun. It also makes people brave and encourages the masses to question their authority. I do think they had Songkran in mind though, the people have a mindset that they can do what they want during this festival and the police have never been able to manage it. In fact, they all disappear. It'll make their task a bit easier if there's less alcohol about. If I didn't know about the Thai law against brewing your own, I'd be buying up red grape juice and sugar like mad ????