Prachuap Khiri Khan governor orders alcohol ban

webfact

Prachuap Khiri Khan governor orders alcohol ban

imageproxy.jpeg

The provincial governor of Prachuap Khiri Khan has ordered a ban on the sale of alcohol in a bid to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Late on Thursday, provincial governor Panlop Singhaseni, announced that the sale of alcohol would be banned throughout the province until 30th April.

The order applies to all retailers and wholesalers of all kinds of liquor and alcoholic beverages.

Any person who violates the order faces fines of up to 100,000 baht, a prison sentence up to 2 years or both.

The order was issued just hours after officials in Bangkok announced a ban on alcohol sales.

There are already at least 10 other provinces in Thailand which have banned alcohol sales over what would traditionally have been the Songkran holidays. 

Earlier this week, Chiang Mai announced an alcohol ban, while it was also announced on Tuesday that Ubon Ratchathani would ban the sale of alcohol. 

Via: Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-10

92694573_10214358218584163_8780649500927590400_o.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

No...the air we breath will be next. No brainer. If you can catch it through breathing then stopping people breathing will prevent new cases.

It will be tried for 24 hours. A minute before midnight on the given date we will all be asked to take a very deep breath and hold it for the duration.

Sound ridiculous ? Maybe but is merely following the current pattern favored by this current government of dimwits.

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

Anybody who did not see this coming is the dimwit - we stocked up about 10 days ago, beer for another 3 months, wine will last 6 weeks.........next

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kmj said:

So does that mean no sales in Hua Hin but in Cha-am I've seen the wholesalers are open and busy this morning.

ah. so can go for a beer but have to go through half a dozen checkpoints, if you live in hua hin, lol

not sure its gonna wash as "essential travel" :clap2:

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

interesting the psychological effect of being told you can't do something.

i don't drink but my first thought was to go buy some beers.  

let's see how the Thais are during Songkran. Maybe 24 curfew if they don't stay home.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back.

• Haha 1

Not even chance to stock up that's evil

time to run around the mom and pop shops with every other person so much for social distancing to buy what's left

This situation has suddenly risen from being a little bit miffed to absolute unmitigated disaster

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

One upping the other governors who have opted to the go to the 20th.

I can only see the major dissent starting to spread with all the other restriction and hardships the locals are having to face.

covid 19 stopped spreading

major dissent takes over

Fortunately, my house is only 35km from Chumphon border. Being chocked that I could not buy at Tesco this morning, had to go across and stock up some. Now I realise it was not enough, have to go back tomorrow....

Somehow I don't think this ban will end on the 30th April.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Anybody who did not see this coming is the dimwit - we stocked up about 10 days ago, beer for another 3 months, wine will last 6 weeks.........next

You are so clever