Pattaya's Coronavirus Cock-up: Chaos on first day of lockdown as leaders scurry for rethink

webfact

On 4/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, scubascuba3 said:

to be fair most countries have totally <deleted> up with the exception of Sweden and Japan, the economic catastrophe is slowly unfolding, most people haven't realised yet

I suppose you DO realise that Japan gave up on the "we must think of the economy" ...  ?

On 4/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, bahtboy said:

My point is that many Thais seem to be unaware of consequences of their actions. Nothing seems to be thought through, resulting in further problems.

Nothing exclusive to Thais in that. I'd say that it is something that applies to many people on the planet, whatever their ethnicity.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing exclusive to Thais in that. I'd say that it is something that applies to many people on the planet, whatever their ethnicity.

No, I would say it is more common here, lack of safety measures is commonplace. A country that allows small children to ride to and from school on motorcycles, untrained, un-licensed and without head protection. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

No, I would say it is more common here, lack of safety measures is commonplace. 

Are you talking about the insanity of health and safety in western countries? Old people can't afford to get their roof fixed because H & S mandates scaffolding to go on a roof and it's too expensive.

How about people taking responsibility for their own actions?

Can stick the nanny state where the sun don't shine, IMO.

Heaps of dumb people where I live and not a single Thai among them.

• Like 2