BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya's Coronavirus Cock-up: Chaos on first day of lockdown as leaders scurry for rethink

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, blaming Thailand and the way things work again. Seems to be all you can do. If you are going to continue with that, a good advice is to study the facts before.

Can you tell me what government that offers a relief for loss of work, includes the illegal part of that sector? If there is anybody to blame, that blame should fall on the people that offer these people unregistered work. They should be held responsible to pay compensation to the people that they throw away.

my one comment - people are being forced out of work because of government action not employer action, most civilised countries take care of their citizens in such times

are you just posting because you feel some inner urge to do so

most of what you post on TVF is directed at other members 

is it an inferiority complex or just nothing else to do except criticise other people 

How about contributing to the topic rather than slating others  

• Like 1

lock down must be nation wide to stop the traffic and not independently city by city at different times.

All homeless should file a claim with PRC Chinese mainland government.  

5 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Amazing what 1-2 elderly deaths a day can do

Especially when the likelihood is that one died from diabetes and the other got ran over 🙂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

my one comment - people are being forced out of work because of government action not employer action, most civilised countries take care of their citizens in such times

are you just posting because you feel some inner urge to do so

most of what you post on TVF is directed at other members 

is it an inferiority complex or just nothing else to do except criticise other people 

How about contributing to the topic rather than slating others  

I am contributing by showing your low knowledge about the things you post about. How about answering my question instead? Which countries offer relief packages on the basis of illegal employment? I know you didn´t want to answer that one, and therefore you chose to deviate from the question instead.

Seems like you find it easy to blame the Thailand and the government for everything you can find on a daily basis. Except that you do not have any kind of foundation for your accusations. And here is the clear picture of what unfolds when you get called out to answer for your post. Sad!

Good planning ahead and thais in the same sentence doesn’t add up amazing Thailand TIT

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

The problem with your response is the assumption that Thais who cycle around selling cups of coffee or ice-cream or run food stalls are working illegally. A far higher percentage of Thais work informally and on the breadline, too uneducated to understand about tax and so far below the level where tas would be payable anyway that they are not in for 'formal' economy. Many more work online, sell their bodies or work casually from job to job because long term jobs are hard to find - it's expensive to employ someone and hard to fire them afterwards so employers are picky.

I think you would be well advised to take a look at the make up of the workforce and pressures on the people and consider it when making comparisons with the West where the employment demographics are much much different. 

Many people are more interested in the sound bites of apparent good ideas that in practice amount to little in order to make themselves look good more than offer a vast amount of help. The same thing holds true in other countries just a bit less so.

Just cut the bull. If you are running your own business and want any benefits from it, you got to know what is needed from you to achieve that. That regards all countries. The only thing they have to do is register their business, and declare income once a year. The people that have done that, is getting the benefits now. See how simple it is, if people just not start something without a clue. That does not work anywhere either, so why would it work in Thailand?

Just as an extra info. Declaring income does not necessary mean paying tax. That depends on how much they earn in gross income after deductions.

Edited by Matzzon

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Good grief!  Give them another chance...how often do they have to make decisions during a pandemic?

This virus has exposed a serious lack of mass illness comprehension and healthcare planning...

The FIRST responsibility of any government is the health and welfare of its people. Some reasonably effective planning for a significant emergency is clearly a mandatory aspect of holding a position as head of a government at any level. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Especially when the likelihood is that one died from diabetes and the other got ran over 🙂

I think 95% of the covid deaths would have happened days/weeks after anyway

5 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Amazing what 1-2 elderly deaths a day can do

Perhaps the Governor and the Mayor have knowledge of the real figures. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I am contributing by showing your low knowledge about the things you post about. How about answering my question instead? Which countries offer relief packages on the basis of illegal employment? I know you didn´t want to answer that one, and therefore you chose to deviate from the question instead.

Seems like you find it easy to blame the Thailand and the government for everything you can find on a daily basis. Except that you do not have any kind of foundation for your accusations. And here is the clear picture of what unfolds when you get called out to answer for your post. Sad!

you want to know what you can do with you your continuous confrontation posts ?

have guess

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

When a good result is commensurate with thoughtful planning, and a disaster with little or none, this was to be expected. 

Thailand.... The 'Hub' of all cock ups!!! 5555 😂🤣😂🤣😷😷😷😷

5 hours ago, Toany said:

They will have to sort things quickly.  The airports of Wuhan are open again.  Soon there will be hordes of Chinese trying to enter Pattaya.

..., Phuket and Chiang Mai.

• Haha 1