Bangkok: Mad rush to buy booze as shelves stripped ahead of ten day ban

webfact

LOL, anyway half the adults around the world are alcoholics, when I go to the beach in the morning 10 am half the men are already drinking beer, so they are free, but impossible with this habit of daily booze to keep one's whole mind and especially one's health ounce one get older.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Prohibition Thai style, i'm going to the attic to retrieve my moonshine making equipments... all i need are cornmeal and one hillbilly redneck...

Good luck on the corn meal all I've found is finely ground corn flower

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Perfect idea to congregate loads of people together. Some of the photos online of the queues were ridiculous. 

Yep...All created by the 'Government Think Tank'...It's about time Thailand outsourced their resource requirements for anything requiring proper thought and logic,and forget about the loss of face BS!! These guys need serious help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Perfect idea to congregate loads of people together. Some of the photos online of the queues were ridiculous. 

So in the next 14 days we can expect an explosion of new cases thanks to these jackasses

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

Yep...All created by the 'Government Think Tank'...It's about time Thailand outsourced their resource requirements for anything requiring proper thought and logic,and forget about the loss of face BS!! These guys need serious help.

Quite true. I think the Thai government can outsource it to a group of wise farang pensioners living in Pattaya, Isaan etc. and posting on this forum.

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Totally unfathomable. It´s amazing how many adult adolescent power drinkers and hoarding mental infants there is in this world. How can people see alcohol as an important part of getting through a virus outbreak? That´s extremely low, instead of with a clear mind face the difficulties and look reality in the eye. I see this behaviour as the cowards way out, but that´s only my opinion.

Lemme guess...you don't drink?

Maybe people just like to have the freedom to have a cocktail or not? You make it out as though every farang has a case of cheap gin stowed and puts away half bottle a night - on worry of this health crisis no less. Pretty speculative.

• Like 1

Its all about stopping SongKran and banning alcohol sales will cut out the mass social gatherings in the provinces that are operating the ban . Will lessen the burden for the police however there is not a ban on drinking alcohol , only buying or selling . I would think that the law makers and those in the know would not have taken advantage of the imminent ban .  So now no buying alcohol , no bars , no restaurants , no outdoor sports , no sport on TV , no ladies of the night , no flights out of here at affordable prices , no travel out of your province , etc  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Totally unfathomable. It´s amazing how many adult adolescent power drinkers and hoarding mental infants there is in this world. How can people see alcohol as an important part of getting through a virus outbreak? That´s extremely low, instead of with a clear mind face the difficulties and look reality in the eye. I see this behaviour as the cowards way out, but that´s only my opinion.

Whatever the commodity,if you announce you are creating an artificial shortage it will predictably create a panic buy situation. Your feelings of 'unfathomable' should be directed at officials who once again do not have the foresight or IQ to understand this. Incompetence.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Lemme guess...you don't drink?

Maybe people just like to have the freedom to have a cocktail or not? You make it out as though every farang has a case of cheap gin stowed and puts away half bottle a night - on worry of this health crisis no less. Pretty speculative.

No, I do not make it out to look like that. All people that madly run and panic buy the booze already done that job for me. Same as all on this forum that complains so much over an absolutely non essential thing in life like alcohol. That bunch of people make it look like the scenario you just described.

Yas, I drink. Sometimes a lot and sometimes small as well as sometimes nothing. Depends of the mood of the day, but ain´t gonna complain just because it´s not going to be available for a while. I am a big boy, I can handle going without for a month or two without complaining like children that lost their favorite nighty bottle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1