BANGKOK
webfact

Bangkok: Mad rush to buy booze as shelves stripped ahead of ten day ban

50 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Of course you’re not in the kitchen at parties....you never get invited in the first place!

Seems like you have so much to say, but in fact don´t have a clue what you are talking about. Nevermind, As you were soldier.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

Whatever the commodity,if you announce you are creating an artificial shortage it will predictably create a panic buy situation. Your feelings of 'unfathomable' should be directed at officials who once again do not have the foresight or IQ to understand this. Incompetence.

So, if I understand you right you are saying: Due to the incompetence of officials without foresight, the population automatically feel the need to stockpile a totally unnecessary product. Thanks! Makes much more sense to me now.

If not, please explain what you mean.

1 minute ago, thecyclist said:

Not so : I hope you are familiar with the quintessential saying of Zen Buddhism :"If you see the Buddha in the streets, kill him. True Buddhist don't take themselves too seriously, shouldn't and can't take themselves seriously, due to anatta, the realization that there is no self. 

Ok, you went that deep. 🙂 Nice with a good explanation for a change.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And announcing it in advance resulted in everyone rushing out and getting in two weeks supply, and milling together.

The only good thing may be that no drunks may drive around to get more booze. May, not WILL ...

• Like 1

This deserves a big fat face palm

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, British Bulldog said:

Its funny though eh ... when people are told they "Can't" buy alcohol ... they go out and buy twice as much than they usually would ..... :drunk:

True.  Ask anyone who has lived in a dry country how many 'normal' drinkers they saw transformed in to raging alcoholics

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Onrai said:

Would only be unfathomable if you are not a drinker. Alcohol is a drug, as are cigarettes, and if you have the habit you don’t want to be without. I don’t drink but I did for years and In that state of addition you only think about being without your drug of choice. It is conceivable that you’d have the same behavior if the government suddenly banned soft drinks or sugar. 

What is unfathomable to me is the hoarding of toilet paper in the USA. What connection people make between hoarding toilet paper and being safe during a pandemic is beyond me. I have yet to hear any reasonable explanation for this extreme form of mass hysteria that has gripped the American psyche.

Both toilet paper and alcohol falls in the box of same level of stupidity. It´s not a matter of if you want, or fell you need or if not drink. if it´s not available for a couple of month, then just take it like a man and live with it. Nobody need alcohol. The whole conversation is just silly.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Prohibition Thai style, i'm going to the attic to retrieve my moonshine making equipments... all i need are cornmeal and one hillbilly redneck...

One hillbilly redneck here, at your service! Got me an attic full of old fruit jars as well!

• Haha 1

While I enjoy a beer or 2 when out, booze/beer is like almost 0 priority in my life. And with no socialization, it's -0. It makes me sad to see so many people going crazy over this. I say this as a recovered alcoholic who pounded down straight Jack Daniel's every day some 20 years ago. . 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

I bet you are always in the kitchen at parties. 

Not invited

11 minutes ago, mrfill said:

He'd be way too drunk and high on speed to notice...

a true gentleman

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And announcing it in advance resulted in everyone rushing out and getting in two weeks supply, and milling together.

Totally necessary, should have left it as it was and said any drinking parties will be dealt with harshly.

Talk about creating a problem where one doesn't exist!

• Like 2

I missed out on this important news,i just checked,we only have one bottle of Leo

and it is not even in the fridge!

Panic!!!

Then again,it was left here by visitors nearly two years ago,probably over date by now.

I guess i will have to do without,

but i can .

• Haha 1