Bangkok: Mad rush to buy booze as shelves stripped ahead of ten day ban

webfact

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Both toilet paper and alcohol falls in the box of same level of stupidity. It´s not a matter of if you want, or fell you need or if not drink. if it´s not available for a couple of month, then just take it like a man and live with it. Nobody need alcohol. The whole conversation is just silly.

You don't go to Mass then...?    ????

11 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I rest my case. It stands already in the headline for the news. "Mad Rush". I guess that says it all. Have a nice day.

Bet in your case, you are sweating on the ban of Horlicks.................................????...............????

16 hours ago, Thailand said:

Certainly not near the top of anyone's invitation list.

I am a non drinker, but when I first came to Thailand, I was always invited to the parties and get togethers, now most of the farangs have either drunk themselves to death, or moved away.

This idea, along with the lockdown of Pattaya, are evidently calming the situation. I predict a well behaved population that will keep social distance and will not drink or drive together. Policies that will be copied far and wide and polish the reputation of Thais as true leaders.

How wide are those cars that can keep the citizens separated by 2 meters?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, PlastikbinLina said:

Mmmm..a rush on booze. Profitable for somebody. Was this planned? Let's hope the winner of this bonanza doesn't have country wide stores:))

If you want to come up with a conspiracy theory you need to do better than that.

Don't you think that nationwide chain would be more profitable if they were allowed to sell booze for the next ten days as usual??

When the Manufactures, Importers, Distributors, Retailers, and their unemployed staff realize the Financial Impact of these extended Alcohol Bans to their Businesses in Bangkok, Chang Mai, Chonburi it may cost some people their political careers.

Edited by KenKadz