How to get your free 10GB mobile data

webfact

How to get your free 10GB mobile data

By THE NATION

800_a18f32540dd4250.jpg

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications (NBTC) has announced criteria to register for 10 gigabyte (GB) of mobile broadband data per person to promote working from home during the Covid-19 outbreak.

The campaign starts on Friday (April 10) at 8am and the free data will be available for 30 days from the day of approval. The last day for registration is April 30 at 11.59pm.

To be eligible, users must be Thai nationals and one person can register for only one telephone number. The number must have been registered for use before March 31.

To get your free 10GB data, simply send *170*(13 digits of your ID card number)# from your mobile phone, and in 3-5 minutes the operator will send you confirmation.

Users of home internet will get free upgrade of their data package up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) without having to register, as the operators will automatically upgrade starting April 10 at 0.01am and it will be valid for 30 days. It is notable that the 100Mbps limit is available for fiber internet only, while ADSL and copper wire-based internet will get free upgrade to the maximum capacity that their technology can provide.

NBTC expects the free upgrade of home internet campaign to benefit up to 1.2 million households.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385724

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-10

14 minutes ago, guru said:

I just tried with my pink card but got an immediate automated on screen rejection saying I didn’t register my SIM card with the pink ID card. That’s true as I used my passport at the time as no pink card back then.

Same for me.

I assume(!) that it is bound to the ID card with which the SIM has been registered.

Tried my wife's ID on my phone, no success.

Just forget it.

What do I need mobile data when there is nothing to do "on the road".

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, guru said:

I just tried with my pink card but got an immediate automated on screen rejection saying I didn’t register my SIM card with the pink ID card. That’s true as I used my passport at the time as no pink card back then.

Yes, your phone number must be registered with your ID card, not your passport. However, you can go in to the shop and change that information easily.

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Same for me.

I assume(!) that it is bound to the ID card with which the SIM has been registered.

Tried my wife's ID on my phone, no success.

Just forget it.

What do I need mobile data when there is nothing to do "on the road".

No, your wifes ID will not work on a number with your name on it. Nice try, though. ????

8 minutes ago, neverere said:

"Your mobile package does not qualify for this offer." Or something along those lines is the message my girlfriend received upon entering her details correctly. 

Postpaid or prepaid? Only postpaid will work. As far as I know, that shall include all packages.

Edited by Matzzon

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Postpaid or prepaid? Only postpaid will work. As far as I know, that shall include all packages.

Pay as you go (prepaid) is eligible for the offer too - friend registered this morning with no issues.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Oaaah Hell Yeah! That´s when you see the value of the little pink Non-Thai ID card with a 13 digit number. 

I think you would find that the pink card number identifies you as a foreigner, and you would be refused. I also believe the sim can not be registered to a pink card number, only to a Thai citizens card or a foreign passport. 

Not relevant, but Thai id cards are machine readable, pink cards are not.

3 minutes ago, Grusa said:

I think you would find that the pink card number identifies you as a foreigner, and you would be refused. I also believe the sim can not be registered to a pink card number, only to a Thai citizens card or a foreign passport. 

Not relevant, but Thai id cards are machine readable, pink cards are not.

Yes, it identifies me as a foreigner. That does not mean it can tell if I have a work permit or not or if I am employed by a Thai company or not. Therefore they have to extend the courtesy to me too.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it identifies me as a foreigner. That does not mean it can tell if I have a work permit or not or if I am employed by a Thai company or not. Therefore they have to extend the courtesy to me too.

You miss my point. The phone company will not register your sim to a pink card number, regardless of your visa or work permit status, nor can you transfer the registration to a pink card number - you must use your passport. The offer is to Thai id cards holders only - for the moment at least.

7 minutes ago, Grusa said:

You miss my point. The phone company will not register your sim to a pink card number, regardless of your visa or work permit status, nor can you transfer the registration to a pink card number - you must use your passport. The offer is to Thai id cards holders only - for the moment at least.

I guess we have different experiences then.

5 minutes ago, Grusa said:

I'm DTAC, what are you?

True and AIS, but made it on True because you can only use one 13 digit no, one time for this offer. Had to go in to the shop, where they called HQ and uploaded copies of WP and business registration.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, guru said:

Oh dear not much luck with this in the Guru household. Mrs Guru just failed in her attempt also. She tried with her Thai ID card which she registered her SIM card with and was rejected with an automated message saying her package was not eligible for this promotion. She has a True postpaid package.