Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

How to get your free 10GB mobile data

Recommended Posts

How to get your free 10GB mobile data

By THE NATION

 

800_a18f32540dd4250.jpg

 

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications (NBTC) has announced criteria to register for 10 gigabyte (GB) of mobile broadband data per person to promote working from home during the Covid-19 outbreak.

 

The campaign starts on Friday (April 10) at 8am and the free data will be available for 30 days from the day of approval. The last day for registration is April 30 at 11.59pm.

 

To be eligible, users must be Thai nationals and one person can register for only one telephone number. The number must have been registered for use before March 31.

 

To get your free 10GB data, simply send *170*(13 digits of your ID card number)# from your mobile phone, and in 3-5 minutes the operator will send you confirmation.

 

Users of home internet will get free upgrade of their data package up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) without having to register, as the operators will automatically upgrade starting April 10 at 0.01am and it will be valid for 30 days. It is notable that the 100Mbps limit is available for fiber internet only, while ADSL and copper wire-based internet will get free upgrade to the maximum capacity that their technology can provide.

 

NBTC expects the free upgrade of home internet campaign to benefit up to 1.2 million households.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385724

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, guru said:

I just tried with my pink card but got an immediate automated on screen rejection saying I didn’t register my SIM card with the pink ID card. That’s true as I used my passport at the time as no pink card back then.

Same for me.

I assume(!) that it is bound to the ID card with which the SIM has been registered.

Tried my wife's ID on my phone, no success.

Just forget it.

What do I need mobile data when there is nothing to do "on the road".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Your mobile package does not qualify for this offer." Or something along those lines is the message my girlfriend received upon entering her details correctly. 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, guru said:

I just tried with my pink card but got an immediate automated on screen rejection saying I didn’t register my SIM card with the pink ID card. That’s true as I used my passport at the time as no pink card back then.

Yes, your phone number must be registered with your ID card, not your passport. However, you can go in to the shop and change that information easily.
 

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Same for me.

I assume(!) that it is bound to the ID card with which the SIM has been registered.

Tried my wife's ID on my phone, no success.

Just forget it.

What do I need mobile data when there is nothing to do "on the road".

No, your wifes ID will not work on a number with your name on it. Nice try, though. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, neverere said:

"Your mobile package does not qualify for this offer." Or something along those lines is the message my girlfriend received upon entering her details correctly. 

 

Postpaid or prepaid? Only postpaid will work. As far as I know, that shall include all packages.

Edited by Matzzon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used my passport number. No idea what the notice said in Thai. Whatever. We have gig internet at home anyway. Not going anywhere for awhile...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

I used my passport number.

and it worked ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unlimited data 4mbps costs 200 thb / month and they give 10 go ? so ridiculous.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondered why my smartphone was flying today using 4g data as it's quicker than our home WiFi. AIS must have upgraded my unlimited but restricted speed data package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Postpaid or prepaid? Only postpaid will work. As far as I know, that shall include all packages.

Pay as you go (prepaid) is eligible for the offer too - friend registered this morning with no issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, neverere said:

"Your mobile package does not qualify for this offer." Or something along those lines is the message my girlfriend received upon entering her details correctly. 

 

sounds about right

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, treetops said:

Pay as you go (prepaid) is eligible for the offer too - friend registered this morning with no issues.

Ok, have missed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My partner tried to get 8gb for her son and was rejected as the names didn’t match 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...