I just don't care anymore.

WineOh

36 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

yes i'm gaining weight and have stopped exercising too. my day consists of eating, sleeping, drinking until i pass out. i don't read though, unless internet counts.

problem for me is that i'd be doing exactly the same even if we didn't have covid (apart from watching live sports)

Hope you stocked up well, alcohol will not be sold today onwards for 10 days

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Well if beer and girls is your only or prioritized focus I suggest you have bigger concerns.

I would rather be in Thailand right now than a number of other countries in this crisis.

As he said if you are locked in does it matter where you are?

i am supposed to be in UK but had to stay here ,

Uk seems more dangerous on the face of it ......but who really knows

If anything did happen medical is better there  (oh and beer and wine freely available unlike here )

At least i have my dogs here which is a plus

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, timendres said:

I stopped caring 30 years ago when my daughter died in her first year of life. But I did not let that stop me from enjoying each day that I was given and she was not.

very sad to hear that. Life can be so cruel at times and we never know why. keep going forward.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

Get a hobby.  Play games online in competition with strangers like Wordfeud, chess, checkers, etc.

Pick up Thai cooking. Keeps you busy. Some dishes like omelet are really easy to make. Watch videos of cooking thai food on youtube. Gets you out of the house when you go for groceries and it is cheap. And stop drinking. It makes you feel miserable more and more anytime the boose is out of your system.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Yes. kind of. to all that.  In the absence of gym and coffee with friends, I undertake small tasks around the house, just to keep my legs moving.  the pool has never been cleaner.  But yes, I know I am eating too much and drinking more that I used to and more than is really good for me. My wife is stuck at her Mothers house in the north, so its just me, which is also not too good for long periods of time.  Not sleeping too well either.  The highlights are the all too brief trips to Tesco or Big C for the most trivial of items, just to get out. Rather defeats the objective I know.  

Feel for you staying alone! after a few days of my own company I would be going crazy! as it is my wife has to put up with me, have to say she doesn't seem to be her happy go lucky cheerful self anymore? ????

Something must be depressing her ????

2 minutes ago, Mops59 said:

Get a hobby.  Play games online in competition with strangers like Wordfeud, chess, checkers, etc.

Pick up Thai cooking. Keeps you busy. Some dishes like omelet are really easy to make. Watch videos of cooking thai food on youtube. Gets you out of the house when you go for groceries and it is cheap. And stop drinking. It makes you feel miserable more and more anytime the boose is out of your system.

Chess and tree planting. The way to go.

Just played a couple of games and later today will plant 90 (or so) eucalyptus trees.

Keep fit with two 6kg weights using the micro method. Keep telling the wife you love her; or you'll have to make your own tea, or pour your own beer.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, robblok said:

Totally opposite of you. I always work from home. Now sports more in my home gym, eat healthier then before. 

Life is what you make of it. But maybe because I am not a bar type my life is good. If you need bars and girls and stuff like that your in trouble now. 

It's the same for me. I'm always at home anyway. The only difference is the times I shop for groceries (used to go late at night), and no more eating out, which was only once or twice a week anyway.

As for eating healthier than before? Why has that changed for you? Are you trying to boost your immune system?

No Songkran this year, that's a plus.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

that fact that I no longer care keeps me from exercising.

I see no point personally.

The world is about to go into total meltdown before the years out. 

This goes way beyond covid-19. It's about humans and how their selfish ways have bestowed hell upon the planet and everybody else.

Dear god just because Liverpool are going to have the Premier league season voided and you'll lose your first title in 30 years theres no need for outright depression. Kloppers face will be cataclysmic when its announced  ????

Cmon boy you're from the city who invented bin dipping get active get dipping chop chop ????????

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I actually started a very healthy diet when this whole thing started so feeling pretty good.

The mental side of it could be the breaking point for many.

I miss golf, going to the movies, eating in restaurants, having breakfast with friends, watching sports.

Just staying home and now saying your life has not changed, does not sound like much of a life to me.

Cant say it changed much, I still work so i normally would go out and eat at restaurants at times but that is not a must. I used to go to the gym and meet people now I do it at home not that much of a change. Sure the weekends have changed a bit. But not that hard to cope with. 

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

It's the same for me. I'm always at home anyway. The only difference is the times I shop for groceries (used to go late at night), and no more eating out, which was only once or twice a week anyway.

As for eating healthier than before? Why has that changed for you? Are you trying to boost your immune system?

No Songkran this year, that's a plus.

Nah just slacked a bit the previous 2 months and decided this was a good time to change it up again. Nothing really changed. Though I do miss going to the gym as there was a bit of social contact and more equipment. But as you know my home gym is perfectly adequate. 

As the saying goes... Up to you... 

I'm on walkies for at least 2 hrs every morning...

Bought an induction cook top... now experimenting w/cooking on it...  Searching the stores for what is available (or not)...

Have more vid than I have time to watch... Mostly watching youtube vids now... very entertaining... (as hollywood current crop is woke as sh*t and is garbage)

Not bored in the least...

Miss the pool (as my condo closed (and drained) it for the virus precautions... @)#@*&#@

Edited by Saddic

Unfortunately different countries are taking different measures with CV.

Thailand is taking some drastic action and if you look a the numbers reported, more people get killed on the highways each year.

So what is the cause for this drastic action? Maybe the numbers being reported aren't true?

The government can make this out to be the worst thing to ever hit Thailand, appropriate a 1.2 trillion CV budget, and every politician and general will ride off into the sunset with millions of US dollars.

The media isn't helping either and has brainwashed the uneducated into believing the sky is falling?????

Here in the US, more deaths and reported cases than anywhere in the world. But with 380,000,000 people those deaths are nothing but a tiny decimal place, well below cancer and others.

Some areas of the US have no CV, other large cities have it worse like New York.

I think we have had 18 positive cases where I live in a county of 600,000 people. 

99% of the businesses are open.

Lots of food.

Gas is going lower every day.

First round of government $1,200 stimulus checks going out.

Get to work from home, which is the best thing ever. No more having to sit in 10 meetings a day for no apparent reason.

People in general are keeping their social distance and just seem to be behaving nice than ever.

I am sure different people with different circumstances are taking it hard.

I personally would not want to be in Thailand, trusting the current gov't to make the best decisions for the people. 

1 minute ago, varun said:

- you make it sound like it's the apocalypse.

What makes you think that it isn't?

I'm looking for any sign of positivity that I can hold on to but nobody as of yet has shown me any.

• Haha 1