I just don't care anymore.

WineOh

I'm missing golf and swimming. My GF lives not far away, so we can visit one another when either or both are in the mood for some humpy rumpy.

I spend time on Thai Visa, talk to friends on the phone. I sit on my online share trading account like a crow on a rubbish bin, looking for juicy scraps. Every problem is an opportunity.

I've taken on an exercise regime Pilotman doesn't like, working in terms of keeping reasonably fit. Who knows, the flexibility section may result in me getting more distance on my drives.

I have plenty of music and film media to keep me entertained. I go shopping every day, Chiang Rai is not locked down. Alternate alcohol-free days with alcohol days.

I guess the ones who will come out better when this is over are those who are comfortable in their own skins, and have self-discipline.

9 minutes ago, tropo said:

That's a good point. A hobby for the sake of a hobby is just killing time. If you need to kill time, what is the point? That would be like treating time as an enemy.

Thaivisa is a good distraction though - my posting frequency has increased 10 fold, much to the disappointment of my many sparring partners on here LOL

I trust you do not confuse quantity with quality.

In my village in Isan (not Grimsby) it's all very easy, I go out when I want to, people have stopped wearing their masks now that the novelty has worn off and if I want I can go out for a stroll around the market town 17 km away, doesn't seem to be any restrictions, the town is emptier than usual but there are still people (with masks) around and Tesco's is still busy although less so.

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

No, but you probably do, judging by your post count in the short time you're been on here.

Well, if I look at the approval ratio, I'd say other posters consider my posts to be better quality than yours.

What's with this short time BS? How long do I have to be here before fossils decide I am sufficiently atrophied?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nice seafront at Grimsby (Cleethorpes).

maybe, but the sea is dark, muddy, cold and uninviting. It looks like it exists in 1955, when I used to visit as a kid,  and is mighty depressing. It was then too, bar the fish and chips and ice cream. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CFCjeff said:

Just wait till they null and void the premier league season, that should just about tip you over the edge.    Anyway cheer up any day above the ground is better than a day below.

Geez, can you imagine the whingeing and demands for public enquiries?

15 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I’m still in Oz, and I think like that sometimes, until I’m halfway though the stuff... ????

Flake, chips and a pickled onion in Melbourne. Sweetest flesh ever to come out of the sea, no bones.

P.S. It's shark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No real diff to my life...I walk 1 he a day...have 2 beers a day...  My Thai gf is very easy to live with and her cooking is awesome... I only miss massages which I used to do 3 times a week...i.m not in town...live on the darkside...  Easy living..

8 minutes ago, Genmai said:

But maybe I'm saying this because I'm the kind of farang who gets thrown into a week-long depressive episode after too many logical reasoning sessions with Somchai. And it takes me a period of isolation from everybody to get out of that depressive episode.

IMO that's your big mistake, because trying to apply Western logic here just doesn't work. I've given up trying, perhaps you should too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After reading the first 2 pages I now think one of the problems is  what I have come to be very normal has been curtailed.  Life with me was a regular life , massage Monday 1pm , Weds. ride out over the mountains , Thurs.  7pm restaurant in town ( now only takeouts ).  Friday walking street , Sat. lunch where the wife chooses then shopping Lotus , Sunday the night bazzar.  Nothing much but a routine.  That simple routine is not allowed anymore.

Today we went to makro shopping as Lotus has become a bore not routine once a week. Lotus 7 days out of 9.

So , we didn't ask for much but what we did has now come to a grinding halt .

1 minute ago, Worldplus said:

No real diff to my life...I walk 1 he a day...have 2 beers a day...  My Thai gf is very easy to live with and her cooking is awesome... I only miss massages which I used to do 3 times a week...i.m not in town...live on the darkside...  Easy living..

Offer your GF 200 baht for a massage, and you'll be amazed how quickly she learns.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muzzique said:

So much for this tropical paradise people talk about. Take out the beer and the girls and there's nothing really here. 

Well, there's my wife who is now supporting me on her salary.

Lucky me

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Well, if I look at the approval ratio, I'd say other posters consider my posts to be better quality than yours.

What's with this short time BS? How long do I have to be here before fossils decide I am sufficiently atrophied?

You've been on here for just over 2 years. I started in 2006. That definitely puts you in the short time category. For the first 8 years or so there was no rating system on here and those first years were my most active by far.

It's easy enough to scrape up likes. You probably specialize in that. Get on thread early and post what you consider the popular opinion and then run around bragging about your likes. 

Don't get likes and good content confused. Most of your content that I've bothered to read is nothing more than fluff.  

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO you are living in a fool's paradise. The US has more COVID-19 infections than any other country, by a factor of three. Every city in America with a low tax base and decayed infrastructure is going to be hit, and you have plenty of them. Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Chicago plus many more. New York is just the entree. You think lines of people queueing up at gun shops is a positive sign? A medical system that has been geared to profit for decades?

I am what your immigration bureaucrats quaintly term an alien. I couldn't get into the USA anyway. Having said that, America is the last place on earth I would want to be now.

You've been fooled by statistics. The US currently tests over 1 million people per week. Anyone can be tested, symptoms or not - in drive through testing centers - for free. With a population of over 320 million and testing that many, one would expect more infections to be detected than anywhere else in the world.

It would be impossible to determine which country has the most infections per capita unless every person is tested. The US might give other countries a clue as to how invasive this contagion really is.

• Thanks 1

Still getting out and biking with the miss, very early in the morning before it gets hot. Meeting up with friends, and having friends over to watch movies. Heading out to pick up take out, for a nice movie nite at home. Browsing the internet alot. Doing alot of downloads, of Japanese, Korean and other film directors I have never heard of, but am researching, and am excited to check out their work. Downloading alot of books. Eating really well, as my wife is preparing more gourmet meals than usual. Working in the garden. Doing some work online. All is quite good around here. Slightly more boring than before, but still very good, compared to life in California, even without Covid!

54 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO you are living in a fool's paradise. The US has more COVID-19 infections than any other country, by a factor of three. Every city in America with a low tax base and decayed infrastructure is going to be hit, and you have plenty of them. Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Chicago plus many more. New York is just the entree. You think lines of people queueing up at gun shops is a positive sign? A medical system that has been geared to profit for decades?

I am what your immigration bureaucrats quaintly term an alien. I couldn't get into the USA anyway. Having said that, America is the last place on earth I would want to be now.

I agree. I was supposed to fly back to LA on March 21st. Imagine? Thrilled to be here instead of there. The risks here are very low, and I am not a subscriber to the Zombie Apocalypse panic theory anyway.

• Like 1