I just don't care anymore.

WineOh

4 hours ago, Muzzique said:

So much for this tropical paradise people talk about. Take out the beer and the girls and there's nothing really here. 

How about the eternal summer?

Worth the price of admission for me.

Sopenii and drinking? Nah.

Start doing some excersises at home. Search you tube for calisthenics

start with simple press ups, squats and stair walks 

it stimulates the endomorphines and you’ll begin to feel a lot better

Edited by NightSky

Don't look at the primary impacts i.e. The Virus. That is only a distraction, real or not. Look at the secondary and tertiary effects eg. USA unemployment benefit claims numbers were released last night. 2 weeks ago it was 3.3 million for the week. Last weeks was 6.6 million. Last nights numbers were 6.8 for a total of almost 17 million in only 3 weeks. As of yesterdays "Official" statistics this equates to 1132 lost jobs for every  alleged C -19 related death.

Edited by Conno
  • Thanks 1

Nothing really any different now than before the WuFlu scare. Don't go to sit in restaurants, but still get takeaways. Other than that nothing has changed. Enjoyed my life fully before and still do. I can entertain myself and I think that is the key. Never enough hours in a day to do all the things I love to do. Never bored.

But I'll tell you what many Thais are doing now, it seems. Gardening! Went to Kamtieng Market in Chiang Mai the other day - for those who don't know, it is a huge garden centre - and it was packed solid with cars and (Thai) shoppers loading up with trees, shrubs, plants and whatever. As crowded as I've ever seen it on a Sunday in the growing high season, yet here we were on a mid-week day in the middle of the dry season!

If you are lucky enough to have a garden, or even a balcony, this is a great opportunity to make of it what you want.

BeltandRoad - I'm on the same frequency totally ref Ag & Au, however you really are missing an opportunity with Bitcoin. If you understand the importance of bullion but are doing a Peter Shiff when it comes to BTC you are missing another Golden opportunity. I'm not talking cryptos and <deleted> coins in general just BTC. I'm also not just talking about wealth generation or even preservation but freedom from control. Read or watch anything by Andreas Antonopoulos to grasp what it is all about. 

Overherebc -  Along the exact same lines that you are highlighting take note of how many times the MSM describe a virus death. It goes like this.....Today Mr X or 15 people died "after testing positive for Covid - 19" as you say the arrangement of words can mean very different things. Testing positive doesn't mean you died of C -19 as you may have died of an underlining health condition but officially it will be used statistically as being a C - 19 fatality. 

Edited by Conno
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conno said:

BeltandRoad - I'm on the same frequency totally ref Ag & Au, however you really are missing an opportunity with Bitcoin. If you understand the importance of bullion but are doing a Peter Shiff when it comes to BTC you are missing another Golden opportunity. I'm not talking cryptos and <deleted> coins in general just BTC. I'm also not just talking about wealth generation or ever preservation but freedom from control. Read or watch anything by Andreas Antonopoulos to grasp what it is all about. 

There is no freedom from control with BTC when they can simply cut your internet connection.  The amount of exchanges that have been hacked since it creation is extremely suspicious in my view.  Sure holding a modest amount may be risk free, but when it comes down to it you really don't know who developed, controls and can possibly back-door block chain technology, all we know comes from MSM, it stinks to me, something not right.  i may be wrong but i'm going with instinct on this one.

Free will dude, go where your instinct takes you. 

Ps The alternative Government controlled Digital Currencies that are coming will not be your salvation either, just sayin. 

Edited by Conno

30 minutes ago, Conno said:

If you have never watched V for Vendetta can I suggest you watch it. If you have seen it before can I suggest you watch it again as I didn't realise how perfectly it fits what we are experiencing right now. Worth a refresh viewing.

One of my favourite movies of all time and mentioned the similarities to this outbreak at the start of it and watched it the other night for about the 57th time."we've got guns,all you've got are your knives and fancy karate gimmicks"

Just now, Conno said:

Free will dude, go where your instinct takes you. 

Wish you luck, there is no doubt we will transition to a digital currency and cash will be outlawed. I'm just not sure BTC will be that vehicle. I also wouldn't trust the parasites not to devalue BTC when transitioning to digital. Your probaly right in the fact that block chain will be the tech used though.

You misunderstand me, Government created Digital Currencies will be in competition to BTC not one and the same. If the internet goes down then our woes are going to be far bigger than worrying if BTC is a Trojan horse or not. BTC can't be devalued as it stands right now, but I will concede that anything created by humans can be changed by humans. However due to its decentralised nature that can only be done by consensus from within the Devs community. As you say time will tell. Good luck to you too.

FarFlungFalang image.jpeg.c924ef463bb398da18b6e6d8c8ea06f1.jpeg

Edited by Conno
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Conno said:

You misunderstand me, Government created Digital Currencies will be in competition to BTC not one and the same. If the internet goes down then our woes are going to be far bigger than worrying if BTC is a Trojan horse or not. BTC can't be devalued as it stands right now, but I will concede that anything created by humans can be changed by humans. However due to its decentralised nature that can only be done by consensus from within the Devs community. As you say time will tell. Good luck to you too.

I have heard the Fed are creating their own crypto,  Facebook also

Edited by BeltAndRoad

BeltAndRoad - Most Central Banks are now developing a Digital Currency. Please do not make the classic error. Government sanctioned Digital Currencies plus clones such as FB Libra are not decentralised Crypto currencies. They are centralised Digital Currencies, this is why I suggested you read Andreas Antonopoulous as he has an almost genius ability to explain the complex and nuanced details that are so often misunderstood. One leads to more government control and power the other gives financial independence to the people.

Edited by Conno

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

that fact that I no longer care keeps me from exercising.

I see no point personally.

The world is about to go into total meltdown before the years out. 

This goes way beyond covid-19. It's about humans and how their selfish ways have bestowed hell upon the planet and everybody else.

hahahahahahahahahahahahha    uhhhhhhhh      hmmmmmmmm   ????????

gee,   you might have a point there  ????????????????

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well not having a girlfriend during this time is tough I guess. 

I would say having a serious girlfriend/wife here (especially during a lockdown) is tougher still. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I would say having a serious girlfriend/wife here (especially during a lockdown) is tougher still. 

So wrong my friend, me and my Mrs have been living cheek by jowl for nearly 9 years since I retired here in 2011, we get along great, have a laugh every day, I restrict my drinking to mid afternoon, I read this forum and some of the posts amaze me, but hey no probs, we have wine, Gin & beer galore, we have fun everyday, you should try it .

I am in Laos.

I am renting a lovely house with shaded garden seating, so being on partial lockdown is bearable.

Reading books, computer games to play, good stock of movies and live T.V.  Good stock of beer Lao, and Laos whisky, and many places doing food delivery.

Unfortunately I am alone, my lady is stuck in BKK for now, heaven knows when she will be back home.

Good to get out for a ride around the deserted streets on motorbike occasionaly, to buy Baguettes, cheese and other goodies.

No sign of an alcohol ban here yet, but who knows?

So to sum up, missing my better half and getting a touch of cabin fever, but, things could be much worse.   

Edited by laosnative
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Not for me, she's a gem. Bringing me a mussuman curry from the village tomorrow, we'll have a bonk before or after. Life is good.

3 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

how old is she mate?

NOYB. Let's just say she is not in the age range BMT favors, but is just as good because she works hard at looking after herself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO you are living in a fool's paradise. The US has more COVID-19 infections than any other country, by a factor of three. Every city in America with a low tax base and decayed infrastructure is going to be hit, and you have plenty of them. Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Chicago plus many more. New York is just the entree. You think lines of people queueing up at gun shops is a positive sign? A medical system that has been geared to profit for decades?

I am what your immigration bureaucrats quaintly term an alien. I couldn't get into the USA anyway. Having said that, America is the last place on earth I would want to be now.

Get out a map of the USA.

See how big it is?

Can you image the 380,000,000 people that are living in this fool's paradise?

Do the math? It is very simple to figure out on your own. 380,000,000 people and how many cases? You have a better chance by 10 to 1, to get struck by lightning.

(In 2018, there was an estimated 1,735,350 new cancer cases diagnosed and 609,640 cancer deaths in the United States). How come the entire country didn't shut down and panic? Still had toilet paper too!

Out of 380,000,000 people in the USA, exactly HOW MANY are queuing up at gun shops? What figure do you put on that?

What happens to a country, when the govt military is the only ones with the guns? Do a little reading into the history of Thailand. Did you forget the red shirt protests already?

The US, reports ALL the facts and figures. Do you honestly think Thailand is reporting the facts when they know it will completely wipe out tourism that the country depends on to survive? Remember the fake bomb scanners? Thailand politician's serve themselves and their own pockets.

While you can't get a beer, we can get a shopping cart full.

I would much prefer to live in any first world country during a crisis than any third world.

Does you insurance even cover CV?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:
6 hours ago, tropo said:

You've been fooled by statistics. The US currently tests over 1 million people per week. Anyone can be tested, symptoms or not - in drive through testing centers - for free. With a population of over 320 million and testing that many, one would expect more infections to be detected than anywhere else in the world.

It would be impossible to determine which country has the most infections per capita unless every person is tested. The US might give other countries a clue as to how invasive this contagion really is.

IMO the raw numbers are sufficient cause for alarm.

From what I have heard, many of the testing kits are defective. Only about 30% accurate, on one news item I read. And what of people who are tested, then are infected in the next week or two?

Perhaps a "better" number would be the number of people either dead or in an ICU, because it is difficult to misunderstand that kind of statistic.

As you are a self proclaimed purveyor of quality posts, this could not go unanswered.

You made a big deal about the very high rate of infection in the US, and then after it was pointed out that the reason is likely because they do a lot more testing than all other countries (about 1 million per week and probably more now) you now suggest the numbers are wrong due to the inaccuracy of the tests.

LOL.

I believe you are wrong when it comes to the percentage of inaccurate tests in the US, but let's entertain that notion.

If 30% were inaccurate, what does that mean? Would 50% (of the inaccurate results) give false positives and 50% (of the inaccurate results) give false negatives? If so, the rate of infection in the US is even higher than reported as false negatives are not counted and false positives would go into isolation to be supervised, and tested again, and in the case of false positive results, released. 

Either way, it doesn't really change the situation by much. They test the most and therefore report the most infections.

Bringing it back to Thailand for a moment. In the US they test a larger percentage of the entire population every week than Thailand has in over 2 months. That's per capita.

Edited by tropo

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, there is little to no change in my daily life whatsoever. Main issue is I cant go out to lunch as I usually do, cant go out to exercise park (choose not to). I have a jogging machine in the house anyway.

That's about it. I have a workshop, to go "play" in if I want, there is the internet and a whole range of things to do there or get involved in.

Plenty of Tv /movies to watch if I choose, no complaints here at all.

Exactly! And sometimes just looking out a see how nice and quiet everything is. Talk a walk and be able to cross the street without the risk of being run over. Hearing the birds sound instead of roaring engines. Breathing much cleaner air in most places. There is actually a lot that I will miss when things goes back to normal. On the other hand it´s much you miss now too. However, neither I am complaining. Finding something new to do every day. If nothing else, I can lay my eyes on my beautiful wife for a couple of hours. The only thing is that she gets shy and ask me what I am looking at and why I am looking every 5 minutes. ????

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I probably wouldn’t be interested either then mate ????

Hows the golf going?

You are pretending you are interested in golf now? How polite of you, I thought Liverpool was only famous for the Liverpool Kiss.

53 minutes ago, tropo said:

As you are a self proclaimed purveyor of quality posts, this could not go unanswered.

You made a big deal about the very high rate of infection in the US, and then after it was pointed out that the reason is likely because they do a lot more testing than all other countries (about 1 million per week and probably more now) you now suggest the numbers are wrong due to the inaccuracy of the tests.

LOL.

I believe you are wrong when it comes to the percentage of inaccurate tests in the US, but let's entertain that notion.

If 30% were inaccurate, what does that mean? Would 50% (of the inaccurate results) give false positives and 50% (of the inaccurate results) give false negatives? If so, the rate of infection in the US is even higher than reported as false negatives are not counted and false positives would go into isolation to be supervised, and tested again, and in the case of false positive results, released. 

Either way, it doesn't really change the situation by much. They test the most and therefore report the most infections.

Bringing it back to Thailand for a moment. In the US they test a larger percentage of the entire population every week than Thailand has in over 2 months. That's per capita.

Stone the crows, this is like being flogged with a lettuce leaf. They are digging mass graves in New York, haven't you got that news yet? America is level pegging with Spain and Italy for deaths due to coronavirus, nearly 1700, Thailand has 33. Let me know when you've finished comparing apples and oranges, OK? I was going to say marbles, but you may have lost some.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laosnative said:

So to sum up, missing my better half and getting a touch of cabin fever, but, things could be much worse.     

I agree. No matter how tough we have to keep going. It will get better.

image.png.60552faf491977ee3fa3754750847e07.png

• Haha 1