Thailand reports 50 new Covid-19 cases

webfact

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

I shall henceforth socially distance myself from your posts.

55555      i will assume that line is not copyrighted as i might be using it sometimes  ????

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

So, in summary,

The entire world is behind on tests... except for South Korea and Taiwan

Singapore  tested and traced  thoroughly and were doing  really well but has now  seen a  spike due to migrant workers who share  rooms (12 to a  room) in dorms with shared bathrooms

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

Numbers High or Low Thailand similar to other countries is decimating the country's economy over 32 dead out of 69 million population.

In the first week of February 2010, the Thailand Department of Epidemiology announced the Second Wave of the H1N1 (Swine Flu) outbreak. From May 3rd. 2009 to 10 March 2010 (about 9 months).

The accumulated number of confirmed H1N1 flu patients in the second wave totaled 35,446 persons. The number of deaths was 208 persons.

Does anyone who was in Thailand in 2009 - 2010 even remember this what was classed as a severe epidemic? 

Remember the drastic H1N1 control measures? Well - there weren't any.

The 2nd wave played out with a vaccine that finally came available.

Today's Covid-19 figures (since Jan 2020) - a little over 3 months of epidemic. 2473 total confirmed Covid-19 cases, total deaths to date is 33. 

Extrapolating the 33 Covid-19 Deaths out to 9 months even at the current number gives a total of an estimated 99 deaths (likely it would be about 79 deaths due to an expected declining rate.

79 to 99 Covid-19 deaths in Thailand extrapolated over 9 months versus H1N1 208 Deaths 2009 - 2010 in Thailand over nine months (for just the second wave of H1N1. 

No drastic measures were taken in over 2 years of the first and second Waves of H1N1 combined...

Yet the Thai Country and Thai Economy survived. 

As far as I understand, H1N1 didn't transmit asymptomatically.  There is a huge difference with this beast

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Singapore  tested and traced  thoroughly and were doing  really well but has now  seen a  spike due to migrant workers who share  rooms (12 to a  room) in dorms with shared bathrooms

agreed on Singapore.  Their process driven robotic (just don't ask them to innovate) ways underscores their thus far successful handling of this 

7 hours ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

I don't really believe the numbers either. 

They seem to be doing the right things now with the imports/returnees after the phi noi fiasco in early March.  

I dont really believe them numbers either,  who does ? , Thais ..

They seem to be doing the right things now , sure .

Less tested , equal to less positives and  less deaths . Keep Virus panic , away.

Much better results , than America , and Europe , they not  wear face masks , dirty .

World Health Organisation , take note .. Amazing Thailand . 

Edited by elliss

those infected and death rate just doesn't add up. Especially when you compare it to numbers in Singapore and Malaysia. Something is definitely off.

Even the number of recoveries seems off ! I doubt thai health care is better than Singapore or Japan.

Edited by Solidpoo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is not only Thailand. There are a number of countries that fit this bill and they are being looked at.

Cambodia, Laos, and places further afield. (Cambodia never stopped flights from China until they finally stopped all flights, Phnom Penh was literally crawling with Chinese all of January & February...and even had an outbreak of a respiratory illness then but mild).  Japan also has fewer cases than it should.

These disparities among countries are receiving a lot of attention from researchers.

For example

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.07.20053272v1

among others

really interesting

How is it possible 50 new cases when no testing been done for 3 days now as total tests still stands at 71860. They have said they have a 15minute test now, did they mean 15 days? 

Obviously I'm not as smart or as good at math as i thought, have masters in classical mathematics seen some awesome formula, but can't get the grey matter around the one being used by thailand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wordchild said:

really interesting

Thanks so much for posting that link Sheryl.

I had not heard about this line of research until now. i have just read a few other articles regarding the possible (at this stage highly theoretical) link between the prevalence of  TB vaccination and the more limited spread of Covid in certain countries.

Maybe there is something in this. Great news for the world if there is!

Edited by wordchild

1 hour ago, Farmerkev said:

How is it possible 50 new cases when no testing been done for 3 days now as total tests still stands at 71860. They have said they have a 15minute test now, did they mean 15 days? 

Obviously I'm not as smart or as good at math as i thought, have masters in classical mathematics seen some awesome formula, but can't get the grey matter around the one being used by thailand

where do you get the 71860 tests from?

2 hours ago, Farmerkev said:

From the worldometer, go all the way to the right of the page

Mind you probably not accurate been same for 3 days now, 4 days previous was around 20000 until a previous deputy prime minister started poking into the numbers

The reason Thailand’s official numbers are low is because they haven’t been testing hardly at all, just like many other countries numbers and who donot test.

people are afraid of the stigma here, or unable to afford treatment. They will stay at home sick. 

I bet you many will be dying at home and recorded as ‘other’ causes.

i hope I’m wrong although I’m probably right

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 1