Computer parts store open (or pickup service)

Tarukhtah

Hello,
I am looking for a computer parts store in Phuket. I.e. not a computer store. I do not want to buy a computer or a laptop, I am looking for small parts inside the computer. In Bangkok I find many of those but not clue where they are in Phuket, if they are at all and if they are open at all. The big electronics stores (Banana, JIB, PowerBuy, etc..) do NOT sell the parts I need, unfortunately. Online I could only find to be shipped from China.

Anyone knows such computer parts store?
Thank you. 

Thank you for the tip Crossy. I worked before with invadeit. Indeed a great online store in Thailand. Unfortunately they do not have any the parts I need. The most urgent are the screws that tight the CPU heatsink to the motherboard. The ones that have the lower part below the motherboard too. 
In Bangkok and Pattaya they sell all parts in small shops in the malls. Not sure where they sell this in Phuket (and that is open too).51zp6mmfGVL._SY355_.jpg.3f8eb6d517c00f1e7c6329df649a0af4.jpg

Edited by Tarukhtah

Good point. Yes I am not so desperate, so far I got two of the screws in place and two missing. This things break so easily. I used to have a bag full of them because they break constantly. Wondering if none thought about making them of a more robust material.
Anyway if things get wrong I will consider tightening the thing with something else, hopefully anything like a wire would do. But feels weird when turning around the case the heatsink will be clinging all the time. That sound inside the case drives me nuts. That's why I wanted to have the heatsink properly tighten to the motherboard.  

Unfortunately they do not have this kind of parts in Big C, or regular consumer electronics stores, i.e. Banana IT, JIB, PowerBuy, etc. do not sell much parts. In particular they do not sell this part. In Thailand I only found this parts in really small shops, usually these stack to each other in the malls.

I think I will have to import it from China. Or wait till next month when I will be in Bangkok.

3 hours ago, Tarukhtah said:

feels weird when turning around the case the heatsink will be clinging all the time. That sound inside the case drives me nuts. That's why I wanted to have the heatsink properly tighten to the motherboard.  

Think I'm missing a strategic point here !

The heatsink should be sitting tightly on the CPU and certainly not "clinging" around making a noise  :shock1:

Anyway don't use wire to hold the heatsink to the motherboard, potential short :whistling:

@Daffy

Exactly it should be kind of tight... but only two of the four usual screws are in place. That's why I am looking forward to get ones. Anyway, the wire idea was just in a extreme case and would certainly not be a wire of a metallic material but some fabric heat-resistant.

@LivinginKata Thank you for the tip. I will double check that store. Thank you so much!

• Like 1