BANGKOK
watgate

What are the chances of a complete financial meltdown?

15 minutes ago, Leaver said:

After this discover, I think you will find immunity is less then we first thought.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavirus-south-korea-patients-test-postive-again-quarantine-release-covid-19

We are only at the start of a long medical and economic journey. 

Just reading on another thread a woman from Chaiyapum also tested positive again after being released from hospital in BKK. This is far from over. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

few people die  less than 0.5% so 99.5% of us move on .the victims are 80% plus very old and infirmed.that realisations setting in.

1 in 200 is few people? That's quite significant. That 0.37% from the Germany study is likely to be a lower bound, relatively healthy population, health system not overwhelmed due to social distancing. It's reasonable to suppose the average will settle somewhere north of that, not too far from early estimates of 1%.

25 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Just reading on another thread a woman from Chaiyapum also tested positive again after being released from hospital in BKK. This is far from over. 

Curious as to what this woman is doing to be infected twice.  Let's say we use the gov's numbers and I'll just round it to 3,000 or so infected.  

3,000 out of 70 million people is a pretty rare occurrence.  That's like a 0.000000428571429% infection rate.  

And this woman gets it twice?  She should go out and buy some lottery tickets 🙂

Is she a medical professional treating COVID-19 patients?  Gotta be some explanation as to how she got exposed twice given the above odds.  

• Like 1

In my opinion, we are going to see serious recessions simultaneously around the globe. Markets are still not at the bottoms they will see in the next year. Recovery will take 2 to 4 years or longer, depending on the country. This will be ugly, not I do not see meltdown. As for inflation? Forget about it. The central banks have been trying to create it for years. It is pushing on a string at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, FinickyFarang said:

Curious as to what this woman is doing to be infected twice.  Let's say we use the gov's numbers and I'll just round it to 3,000 or so infected.  

3,000 out of 70 million people is a pretty rare occurrence.  That's like a 0.000000428571429% infection rate.  

And this woman gets it twice?  She should go out and buy some lottery tickets 🙂

Is she a medical professional treating COVID-19 patients?  Gotta be some explanation as to how she got exposed twice given the above odds.  

If recall correctly she had returned from the US in March. Occupation was not identified. Trying to find the link but it is somewhere on thaivisa.