What are the chances of a complete financial meltdown?

15 minutes ago, Leaver said:

After this discover, I think you will find immunity is less then we first thought.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavirus-south-korea-patients-test-postive-again-quarantine-release-covid-19

We are only at the start of a long medical and economic journey. 

Just reading on another thread a woman from Chaiyapum also tested positive again after being released from hospital in BKK. This is far from over. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

few people die  less than 0.5% so 99.5% of us move on .the victims are 80% plus very old and infirmed.that realisations setting in.

1 in 200 is few people? That's quite significant. That 0.37% from the Germany study is likely to be a lower bound, relatively healthy population, health system not overwhelmed due to social distancing. It's reasonable to suppose the average will settle somewhere north of that, not too far from early estimates of 1%.

25 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Just reading on another thread a woman from Chaiyapum also tested positive again after being released from hospital in BKK. This is far from over. 

Curious as to what this woman is doing to be infected twice.  Let's say we use the gov's numbers and I'll just round it to 3,000 or so infected.  

3,000 out of 70 million people is a pretty rare occurrence.  That's like a 0.000000428571429% infection rate.  

And this woman gets it twice?  She should go out and buy some lottery tickets ????

Is she a medical professional treating COVID-19 patients?  Gotta be some explanation as to how she got exposed twice given the above odds.  

• Like 1

In my opinion, we are going to see serious recessions simultaneously around the globe. Markets are still not at the bottoms they will see in the next year. Recovery will take 2 to 4 years or longer, depending on the country. This will be ugly, not I do not see meltdown. As for inflation? Forget about it. The central banks have been trying to create it for years. It is pushing on a string at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, FinickyFarang said:

Curious as to what this woman is doing to be infected twice.  Let's say we use the gov's numbers and I'll just round it to 3,000 or so infected.  

3,000 out of 70 million people is a pretty rare occurrence.  That's like a 0.000000428571429% infection rate.  

And this woman gets it twice?  She should go out and buy some lottery tickets ????

Is she a medical professional treating COVID-19 patients?  Gotta be some explanation as to how she got exposed twice given the above odds.  

If recall correctly she had returned from the US in March. Occupation was not identified. Trying to find the link but it is somewhere on thaivisa. 

6 hours ago, watgate said:

trillions of dollars being printed and being used by the federal reserve to bail out businesses and the trillions that is being given out to US citizens it is  going to create massive inflation problems.

They have been saying that for decades as the deficit continues to climb now well over 20 trillion.

Inflation is very very low and interest rares at zero.

The deficit has shown to have little effect.

Inflation is created when their is a demand for products and fast rising wages.

None of that is on the horizon, especially in the near future. 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Conno said:

Meltdown almost guaranteed depending on your definition of what a meltdown is. The longer this madness continues a global depression not recession is a certainty. USA unemployment claims numbers released last night, 6.8 million new claims. Last week 6.6 million new claims. Week before that 3.3 million claims. Total claims for the 3 weeks lock-down period just short of 17 million. The global financial system was on the brink of collapse and a "reset" even before this conveniently timed C - 19 emerged.

This way the "virus" gets the blame rather than those who are truly responsible. 

As of yesterday that equates to 1132 lost jobs for every "official" C - 19 death in the USA alone. Globally it's probably a similar statistic. Yes a meltdown is virtually inevitable now.

Yes, but the Thai government has insured bank deposits, so carry on as normal, no problem in Thiland.   ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Conno said:

Personally I am my own Bank. Physical Gold Silver bullion and Bitcoin. 

When the khee really hits the fan your gold, silver and bitcoin would be worth less than paper.

At least you can wipe your butt with paper.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FinickyFarang said:

It is just as possible that that she got a false Negative than that she was re-infected  (not sure what type of test they use in Thailand)

" the most common type of COVID-19 test, known as a reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test, may give false-negative results about 30% of the time. "

https://www.livescience.com/covid19-coronavirus-tests-false-negatives.html

Edited by sirineou