NO AUTOMATIC EXTENSION for people with covid extension

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

If they anticipated the borders opening any time soon they wouldn't have extended the automatic extension amnesty to July 31st. It may be opened in between for Lao citizens to return, but not foreigners.

If you need to cross a border for any reason, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it as your permission of stay is already extended to July 31st and thereafter pending further announcements.

Lao, Cambodia confirmed cases of Covid were identified much later than Thailand's first case, so effectively they are behind and yet to peak and decline, as is currently the situation in Thailand.

Just my own opinion looking at the bigger picture, at least August, more probably September before we see any land borders opening to foreigners.

agreed. They wouldnt give another 3 months PLUS 22 border opened since last saturday for thai citizens only. I think lao too.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

If they anticipated the borders opening any time soon they wouldn't have extended the automatic extension amnesty to July 31st. It may be opened in between for Lao citizens to return, but not foreigners.

Not sure they will be opening the borders from all the neighboring countries anytime soon since they added them to the  high risk list yesterday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NamH2O said:

Just been back this morning got the rest of her 30 day extension stamp  now till 6th May.IO told her you can stay now until 31 July,but if Thai/Lao's border opens before this date you must leave within 7 days of border opening or will be fined for overstay. 

That's interesting. From immigration's announcements, I had assumed that the "must depart within 7 days" rule only applies to border pass holders, not to those from neighboring countries who were stamped in using their passports.

I just came from chonburi imm coz I had under consideration stamp, and they put another under consideration stamp until May 1, and I asked the agent, she said no need to come. But I asked another agent, she said have to come in on May 1 for another stamp, then you can stay long.

Is this normal?

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure they will be opening the borders from all the neighboring countries anytime soon since they added them to the  high risk list yesterday.

They're first reported confirmed cases of Covid came several weeks after Thailand's first confirmed report, so depending on how they deal with the crisis, it could be several months before it's considered safe to open local borders.

I think commercial flights to certain Countries could resume before local borders reopen.

2 minutes ago, timoti said:

I just came from chonburi imm coz I had under consideration stamp, and they put another under consideration stamp until May 1, and I asked the agent, she said no need to come. But I asked another agent, she said have to come in on May 1 for another stamp, then you can stay long.

Is this normal?

No, but yes if an agents dealing with it.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

No, but yes if an agents dealing with it.

It just seems they dont know what they are doing. Even the second person asked another girl and they talked about it a bit and then said yes you have to come in. Otherwise she also said don't come.

14 minutes ago, timoti said:

It just seems they dont know what they are doing. Even the second person asked another girl and they talked about it a bit and then said yes you have to come in. Otherwise she also said don't come.

I wonder why people are getting a second "under consideration" stamp, it should be a "permission to stay until". Anyway if the under consideration says you have to come then you better go. That's what I will do until the officer tells me I don't have to. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 11:55 PM, Onlywhenimportant said:

I was told on the phone as mentioned, not to attend which would be the obvious that no further stamp was necessary.

therefore the attendance that I made nonetheless which proved irrelevant, though it was better to check, was the same.

was told the current stamp applies to the amnesty and no further stamp provided 

To those concerned with my previous message that would definitely seem confusing for many with different responses from different sources.

Even though I had been told that the under consideration stamp satisfies the requirements to be included in the amnesty, I had contacted the immigration today and attended.

I was told that they had nonetheless approved my stay and I could attend the immigration for a permission of stay stamp.

This was completed at Rayong immigration and was given a 30/04/2020 permission stamp, which was explained that it is also now valid for the duration of the amnesty.

so even though they said the under consideration is valid, I did not wish to take the risk for future situations.

this may help others in pursuing a worthless time.

kindly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Onlywhenimportant said:

To those concerned with my previous message that would definitely seem confusing for many with different responses from different sources.

Even though I had been told that the under consideration stamp satisfies the requirements to be included in the amnesty, I had contacted the immigration today and attended.

I was told that they had nonetheless approved my stay and I could attend the immigration for a permission of stay stamp.

This was completed at Rayong immigration and was given a 30/04/2020 permission stamp, which was explained that it is also now valid for the duration of the amnesty.

so even though they said the under consideration is valid, I did not wish to take the risk for future situations.

this may help others in pursuing a worthless time.

kindly

Unfortunately not all IOs sing from the same hymn sheet and verbal statements have no standing . There has been a lot of confusion for expats over this amnesty and I for one am  thankful for the help given on this forum .  However to have simplified the process and leave no doubts about permission to stay , another stamp in our pps saying  " permission to stay till July 31 " would have left zero doubts for our compliance .  

3 hours ago, superal said:

Unfortunately not all IOs sing from the same hymn sheet and verbal statements have no standing . There has been a lot of confusion for expats over this amnesty and I for one am  thankful for the help given on this forum .  However to have simplified the process and leave no doubts about permission to stay , another stamp in our pps saying  " permission to stay till July 31 " would have left zero doubts for our compliance .  

That is correct, if it were known that this situation would reach that month and day.

Though it would seem sufficient to have a permission to stay which is no different given to those for after the 26th of March, and would seem no different in this situation either, as it has now been confirmed, and as such fall into the same category.

it is more confusing and less assuring if it is under consideration.

the situation may change for the better, and end of May could see some borders open. This only gives the long term ability not to have issues and constant extensions.

7 hours ago, theVenerable said:

Took my passport in today, they didn't even stamp it, just said I'm OK until 31st July if I can't leave the country before then.
At last.

are you in pattaya?

that's strange coz i got second UC stamp and now need to go on May 1.

Good news, IO is finally aware of the prolongation of the amnesty. I went to CW today to transfer my stamp to a new passport, they turned me away saying I don't need to apply and can show my two passports when i leave and I'm covered until July. 

Initially they seemed worried that I didn't report for my "under consideration stamp" but then when they saw the new "permission to stay" (it was for some reason stamped in the middle of the passport) they said it was all good. 

So seems like we're covered even if we had the special extension, but for those who still haven't converted their under consideration stamp to a proper permission to stay, maybe they still need to go first. In doubt I'd recommend going, it's was really empty, 0 people before me, my number was call as soon as i walked in. 

• Like 1