BANGKOK
uberfarang

NO AUTOMATIC EXTENSION for people with covid extension

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I wonder how many folk having obtained the "under consideration" stamp (would be many) are thinking they don't need to attend immigration. They could by mistake slip into overstay.

The only thing I found clear about the english translation of the order that was posted was that it was unclear and I could decipher absolutely nothing resembling understanding from it.Clear as mud springs to mind.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

Since my SETV officially ended on Mar 29th (with a regular extension), I wonder in hindsight if it would've been better for me to not have obtained the Covid extension since I too now have that dreaded "consideration" notice to appear on my passport. Sucks to be possibly punished for doing the right thing.

I for one thought that the stamp you have (under consideration) was a permission of stay until the report back date. 

I'm wrong and it seems people need report back on certain date if they obtained the covid extension and were issued under consideration date to return.

Seems bit unfair.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

dsf9 - my reading of ur situation is that ur visa expires after 26th March, so that must put u in the group where u get an automatic extension until the 30th April.

If that isn't the case then I give up.

IMHO the 30th April date is way too soon, should have gone until the end of May , especially as we have a cancelled Songkhran in the middle of it just to confuse matters.

<deleted> can u get an Easter Egg ?

wot is wrong with the word filtering here, the 'c' and 'f' word are used quite freely in the UK national press, both online and printed. 

"<deleted>" is deleted ???

Exactly. There's no need for dsf9 to worry because his visa exempt extension expires after March 26. It still seems to be quite a mess and confusion about all of this. The ones with the so called "covid extension" clearly haven't been informed well enough what they should do. What a shame to hear that some still go to the immigration just to face more confusion. Nobody should have to go there at this time. 

You're right that April 30 is way too soon. Just means that in a few weeks time everyone has to be nervous again and waiting for an announcement of the next announcement an so on. The game starts all over again! 

18 hours ago, ANDREW999 said:

I wonder why embassies have stopped issuing letters then.

The Australian embassy stopped issuing the letter on the day of the announcement. implying that the "Covid" extension is no longer necessary.

The Thai Government has announced automatic extension of visas for foreign nationals in Thailand until 30 April 2020.
As a result of this announcement, you are not required to apply for a visa extension or to enter a 90 day report with the Immigration Bureau during this period.
Given this, the Australian Embassy will no longer be issuing letters to support Thai visa extensions at this time. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fondue zoo said:

The Australian embassy stopped issuing the letter on the day of the announcement. implying that the "Covid" extension is no longer necessary.

The Thai Government has announced automatic extension of visas for foreign nationals in Thailand until 30 April 2020.
As a result of this announcement, you are not required to apply for a visa extension or to enter a 90 day report with the Immigration Bureau during this period.
Given this, the Australian Embassy will no longer be issuing letters to support Thai visa extensions at this time. 

The Australian Embassy (as I understand it) never issued an letter for citizens to obtain a "covid extension". Meaning second extension. They didn't provide anything for setv and visa exempt stamps.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ANDREW999 said:

Even more accurate. Thanks!

actually not as the 2 or 3 conflicting cases concern not the stamp date but the extension type it was granted upon i.e. covid special case extension.

1. entering thailand we have different types of stamps

2. extending stay at IO we have different types of stamps and reasons behind thus the many different sections at CW A-Q?

Edited by worldfun

15 minutes ago, worldfun said:

actually not as the 2 or 3 conflicting cases concern not the stamp date but the extension type it was granted upon i.e. covid special case extension.

1. entering thailand we have different types of stamps

2. extending stay at IO we have different types of stamps and reasons behind thus the many different sections at CW A-Q?

In #1, it doesn't matter what type of stamp you have...you will be assigned a date that you are permitted to stay until with that stamp in your passport

#2, If the passport says "Under Consideration", it means the person does not have a definite "permitted to stay until" date assigned to them. They must go in on the date specified, and then the immigration will finally stamp their passport with a date.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Although it is - as usual - somewhat clumsy and ambiguously worded, it is pretty clear that the intent of the lower part of the diagram is that 'EVERY foreigner with a permission to stay stamp in his passport that expires after 26 March does NOT need to report at IO till 30 April'.

Note: Those that applied for the emergency extension and got an 'under consideration' stamp DO need to report, and on approval will get the required permission to stay stamp.

I always thought as you. But I had doubts for situations as Uberfarang where the government is clear but the officer do what he wants! So do you think it worth the risk? Did you see what Uberfarang discovered? In the future they could tell you: "yes but... your situation is different" and you are in a bad situation.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

In #1, it doesn't matter what type of stamp you have...you will be assigned a date that you are permitted to stay until with that stamp in your passport

#2, If the passport says "Under Consideration", it means the person does not have a definite "permitted to stay until" date assigned to them. They must go in on the date specified, and then the immigration will finally stamp their passport with a date.

Point 2 sounds reasonable to think among these nonsense situations. However, they should also include them in this amnesty. They proved enough their good intentions by attending the imm office during this special time. They passed the national security test.

Besides, do we have any example of a person being rejected a covid extension when coming back to  the office on the under consideration date? Everyone is getting extra days so far. They already submitted every paper, they are fine. If you are missing some paper or if they dont want to accept your case, they wont put you the under consideration stamp. I have seen people missing something. They were asked to come back another day and pay overstay

Edited by ANDREW999

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

Point 2 sounds reasonable to think among these nonsense situations. However, they should also include them in this amnesty. They proved enough their good intentions by attending the imm office during this special time. They passed the national security test.

Besides, do we have any example of a person being rejected a covid extension when coming back to  the office on the under consideration date? Everyone is getting extra days so far. They already submitted every paper, they are fine. If you are missing some paper or if they dont want to accept your case, they wont put you the under consideration stamp. I have seen people missing something. They were asked to come back another day and pay overstay

I completely agree with you.  The positive spin on it is that when they do come in to convert their "under consideration" to a "permitted to stay", there will not be a horrendous queue to contend with. Should be in and out within an hour. And once they have that "permitted to stay" stamp with a date that is now after 26-March....they are now within the "amnesty group".

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 1