Jump to content
BANGKOK
uberfarang

NO AUTOMATIC EXTENSION for people with covid extension

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm on a regular SETV and did my "regular"/"legit" extension in the middle of march, to be expired in the middle of april. I got "amnesty" untill april 30th, right? 

Yes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm on a regular SETV and did my "regular"/"legit" extension in the middle of march, to be expired in the middle of april. I got "amnesty" untill april 30th, right? 

Yes. Just to assist others....if it had been your second extension (covid with embassy letter) you would have been given "under consideration" stamp and would need return to immigration.

You however do not. 

Also your amnesty will almost certainly continue for May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. Just to assist others....if it had been your second extension (covid with embassy letter) you would have been given "under consideration" stamp and would need return to immigration.

You however do not. 

Also your amnesty will almost certainly continue for May.

What sounds really weird to me is that, after coming back on the under consideration date and get the rest of the days, as I already did myself, you will need to come again with a new embassy letter (as some have been said). I hope my imm office's major opinion (no need to come back) is extended soon. The other cannot be real. Otherwise too much wait for an amnesty that helps how much percent of the people? 20? The queues will be big again a few days.

 

 

 

 

Edited by ANDREW999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

What sounds really weird to me is that, after coming back on the under consideration date and get the rest of the days, as I already did myself, you will need to come again with a new embassy letter (as some have been said). I hope my imm office's major opinion (no need to come back) is extended soon. The other cannot be real. Otherwise too much wait for an amnesty that helps how much percent of the people? 20? The queues will be big again a few days.

 

 

 

 

Try and chill. Realize very stressful. You returned on the under consideration date.

That's it your done. In a good way.

Along with everyone in similar boat the embassy letters and attend imm is done.

The few I worry about are guys that got under consideration stamp and now think they are home free. For every person reading Thaivisa there are sooo many that do not.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ha. Yes your one of the "overlap guys".

Fact is you obtained normal 30 day permission of stay. Think for sure your current permission of stay ends ~April 26.

Do nothing. 

So the fact that my emergency covid extension says under consideration to return on April 23rd, you believe I won't need and they will sort out their thinking on this since I was already good to March 29 with my first visa exempt extension. Yes, I am super stressing out, but not just from this, and thanks for your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

So the fact that my emergency covid extension says under consideration to return on April 23rd, you believe I won't need and they will sort out their thinking on this since I was already good to March 29 with my first visa exempt extension. Yes, I am super stressing out, but not just from this, and thanks for your thoughts.

That's not what @DrJack54 is saying.  An under consideration stamp is NOT a permission to stay, so you need to return there April 23rd to get the permission to stay stamp.  Once you have that permission to stay stamp the amnesty announcement will be applicable for you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

That's not what @DrJack54 is saying.  An under consideration stamp is NOT a permission to stay, so you need to return there April 23rd to get the permission to stay stamp.  Once you have that permission to stay stamp the amnesty announcement will be applicable for you.

He did say do nothing actually so I am a little confused tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 4:58 PM, finy said:

I'll wait until someone with more than 25 posts (probably most in this thread) posts about the same experience.

 

Far too many people are enjoying spreading doom and gloom at the moment.

 

With all due respect,

 

Mate are you equating post count with accuracy?     Can't a person who has lived in Thailand for 40 years or so become a new member with very few posts?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

He did say do nothing actually so I am a little confused tbh.

I referred to his post #108 which is also applicable for your situation.

 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. Just to assist others....if it had been your second extension (covid with embassy letter) you would have been given "under consideration" stamp and would need return to immigration.

You however do not. 

Also your amnesty will almost certainly continue for May.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's exactly correct. For first day I posted that folk with "under consideration stamp" did not need attend immigration. 

I WAS WRONG.

That in my opinion what is great about Thaivisa. Folk posting front line experiences. As a group we eventually work out what's required to assist. 

Heck I'm doing retirement extension November. Very easy for me.

However hurting for some folk now not in easy situation.

Ok one last question. Since my original entrance was visa exempt will I need to go to temporary immigration at MTT or do I go back to CW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Ok one last question. Since my original entrance was visa exempt will I need to go to temporary immigration at MTT or do I go back to CW?

Your post #111 refers to return for under consideration stamp think April 23. Then to be safe you should. 

I sent pm. Good luck. 

Your attendance would be to MTT. 

However things could change if empty. 

Reports CW like a ghost town.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still clear as mud. I came in to Swampy on a non O multiple entry marriage based visa in January just before the visa expired. I got 90 day permission to stay. That ran out today 10 April. I had intended to go to Savanakhet and apply for a new non O multiple but of course border closed on both sides. So last week I went to Kalasin IO and go a 60 day extension. The emergency amnesty had not been published then.

 

So I am good to stay until 9 June although I'd actually rather not.

Anyway my flights out and back to France have now been cancelled. So I have to rebook to leave for Europe now.

 

If this crisis continues in to June, what then?

 

My current 60 day extension was granted after 26 March. I'm not in a position, even if I wanted a 1 year marriage extension, to raise 400k and anyway for 2 months seasoning that should have been done by today..

 

Does the amnesty, if still in force - at the moment it's only to 30 April anyway,  apply to me when this extension runs out? If not, what if borders here still closed so I cannot get to Savanakhet  or I cannot get a flight back to France or if it is outrageously  expensive and/;or travel within France to get to my destination there is still very restricted as it is presently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

 

With all due respect,

 

Mate are you equating post count with accuracy?     Can't a person who has lived in Thailand for 40 years or so become a new member with very few posts?

 

 

My post had nothing to do with the OP himself (I don't know him personally).

 

But I bet there will be sock puppet accounts from random expats who enjoy nothing more than messing with people's heads by spreading misinformation.

 

The Daily Mail is a massive company and they've perfected it. Don't assume individuals won't try doing the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Still clear as mud. I came in to Swampy on a non O multiple entry marriage based visa in January just before the visa expired. I got 90 day permission to stay. That ran out today 10 April. I had intended to go to Savanakhet and apply for a new non O multiple but of course border closed on both sides. So last week I went to Kalasin IO and go a 60 day extension. The emergency amnesty had not been published then.

 

So I am good to stay until 9 June although I'd actually rather not.

Anyway my flights out and back to France have now been cancelled. So I have to rebook to leave for Europe now.

 

If this crisis continues in to June, what then?

 

My current 60 day extension was granted after 26 March. I'm not in a position, even if I wanted a 1 year marriage extension, to raise 400k and anyway for 2 months seasoning that should have been done by today..

 

Does the amnesty, if still in force - at the moment it's only to 30 April anyway,  apply to me when this extension runs out? If not, what if borders here still closed so I cannot get to Savanakhet  or I cannot get a flight back to France or if it is outrageously  expensive and/;or travel within France to get to my destination there is still very restricted as it is presently

So reading more of the posts before mine. It seems that if the amnesty is continued right in to June I will benefit as I have a current , valid, permission to stay. I need to do nothing now 

until the later of a) the amnesty ends, borders open so I can get to Savanakhet or back to France b) my current permission expires. Right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...