Dogs are dying in temple and shelters, how to help them ? Order food online and deliver at temple ?

11 hours ago, jadee said:

I wouldn't pay to send food there - it just perpetuates an unsustainable cycle - but I would pay for a vet to visit the temple and euthanize them. If there's anything to be learned from the current pandemic its that people and virus-ridden animals DON'T mix

Great response, Thank you to the voice of a humane and reasoned person ????Indeed neuter them in the very least, put the dogs down rather than let them wander aimlessly and wild with all manner of disease and maladies.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pilotman said:

typical of the Monks, they don't give a sxxt about anyone but themselves.  They have plenty of food to feed them, food they take off poor people every morning.  They are parasites on society, let them do the job.  

"They are parasites on society"

I agree. Since 23 years I see this absolute selfishness from Thai buddhists monks : doing nothing all day long, receive offerings (money, land, ...), first class air travel, limousines, ... all this for what in fact ?

Buddhism = mafia

• Like 1

You Dont!

Those who have chosen to let them roam the country freely can also take care of them. And if they cant its up to their karma, Not mine or yours. And if you care more about those dogs then i can come get you and show you some human beings that need your help...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

All kind of people here on ThaiVisa

16 hours ago, Preacher said:

There are many organisations helping stray animals and they have neutering/psying of stray cats and dogs at their core activities to prevent more and more and more stray animals. They catch and release healthy ones after being neuterd. Even the animals you can adopt true them are neuterd. 

A worthy and humane cause, worthy of support.

All kind of people here on ThaiVisa ...

Gandhi said that , if you want to know the state a society is in , just look at the way they treat the animals .

Same here , just look at some posts ( posters ) and you know what kind of people they are . Thanks , that makes it easy .

There are always the haters , but there are some good people , too .

We make a monthly donation to SoiDog , because they really do a good job . If YOU want to help , just donate a little bit ... or , at least , feed some starving and suffering soi dogs , instead of kicking them . You do that a few times , you'll see , all will be happy to see you ...

It won't cost you a lot , but it brings good Karma to you .

05-02-2020DSCF3715.JPG

We take care for 11 dogs now , we love them all , and they love us and protect us .

One saved my wife's live by killing a cobra when she worked in the garden ... but it got bitten and died ...

9 former soi dogs and 2 Rottweilers keep people away ... very good , especially now .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

If the animals are in temples, they are generally fed properly by the monks who continue to roam the villages in search of their daily food.

..and herein lies the rub? Monks/believers are roaming less in these virus times.

On 4/10/2020 at 5:23 PM, Number 6 said:

It's unfortunate that selfish people bought dogs and in an even more selfish act dumped them.

The dogs like all dogs without shots and license should be put down humanely.

With one more final shot!

9 hours ago, pijo1234 said:

"They are parasites on society"

I agree. Since 23 years I see this absolute selfishness from Thai buddhists monks : doing nothing all day long, receive offerings (money, land, ...), first class air travel, limousines, ... all this for what in fact ?

Buddhism = mafia

They have been doing it for 2,000 years, it's not new 

Bravecto and nexguard are sold by robbers to people who are not able to understand that a molecule should be free.

En-dex is as good and almost free, only 10 thb / pill.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/810959-en-dex-8000-dosage-side-affects/

So many ridiculous people here telling us that we should help people more than dogs, when they THEY are actually doing nothing for anybody ! Just eating ships and drinking wine sat on they big fat ass !

If you are not able to help anyone just keep it closed !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2020 at 10:36 AM, Assurancetourix said:

Off topic, but since some speak about poor humans ..
Those who are to be complained about are those who live in the cities because they do not have a vegetable garden.
In the countryside, we have no supply problem; we have everything as before.
Obviously we do not have "malls" or BigC or Makro or cinemas, nor skating rink (BigC of Lad Phrao for example) ..

I've tried for over 4 years to grow vegetables here and failed except for some cucumbers, okra, and some greens. I won't comment on those tasteless tomato-looking things that grow poorly here.

I've not been everywhere in Thailand but where I've been I don't see much in the way of vegetables. Fruits yes, vegetables no. I would like to see a picture of your gardens that provide your daily requirements. I have seen no evidence that Thai people have gardens. As near as I can tell nearly all vegetables are imported from China.

I believe you have eggs and meat, but I really doubt you have a lush garden. 

Simply prove me wrong with a posted picture please. In that case I will personally travel to your area to learn the secrets and be happy to pay for the knowledge. 

47 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I would like to see a picture of your gardens that provide your daily requirements. I have seen no evidence that Thai people have gardens. As near as I can tell nearly all vegetables are imported from China.

I believe you have eggs and meat, but I really doubt you have a lush garden. 

Simply prove me wrong with a posted picture please. In that case I will personally travel to your area to learn the secrets and be happy to pay for the knowledge. 

I never wrote that we have a vegetable patch;
I wrote that we have no difficulty in obtaining vegetables, fruit meat ...
However, some of my neighbors have vegetable gardens and others cultivate hydroponics ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

I never wrote that we have a vegetable patch;
I wrote that we have no difficulty in obtaining vegetables, fruit meat ...
However, some of my neighbors have vegetable gardens and others cultivate hydroponics ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics

OK. I inferred incorrectly.

I had a large greenhouse in America and grew vegetables for many years, including tomatoes and sweet peppers throughout the winters in Colorado. 

I'm more than a little frustrated and puzzled why I cannot grow anything here irregardless of soil, water, light, etc. I've posted on the TVF gardening forum here but it's dead and buried. That should have been a clue.

When I read your comment I was hoping for some answers. 

I'm aware of hydroponics and have done it myself. I've also seen it done here but it is always just varieties  of leafy green vegetables which are easy to grow anywhere in the world. There is an abundance of leafy greens to eat along every road here; no need to grow them hydroponically. 

Thanks for the reply. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 2:05 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

Bravecto and nexguard are sold by robbers to people who are not able to understand that a molecule should be free.

En-dex is as good and almost free, only 10 thb / pill.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/810959-en-dex-8000-dosage-side-affects/

So many ridiculous people here telling us that we should help people more than dogs, when they THEY are actually doing nothing for anybody ! Just eating ships and drinking wine sat on they big fat ass !

If you are not able to help anyone just keep it closed !

I am not doing anything for anyone.  I am taking care of my gf and her family and that's it. They have 1 dog and it never leaves the garden area. I am more concerned about people choosing dogs instead of people. If you yourself feels it's more important to give a dog food than to a old woman sleeping on the street then who am i to judge. Ridiculous it's not...when you're more concerned about a soidog than a human being

• Haha 1

In this crises there are many victims, human and animals. Nobody is saying don't take care of humans. What is being said is not to overlook animals in need too. Do help the poor, but don't shut you eyes for animals in distress

But this being Thaivisa, some can only reply negatively and complain. :coffee1: 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Deli said:

Can them and send them to China.

There used to be villages in Issan where dogs were taken, killed, skinned, have the flesh stripped off the carcass which was dried and sold for human consumption.  The hides were turned into leather and the scrotum into golf gloves.  So why go to the expense of canning them and sending them to China.? Find a village that received funds under the OTOP scheme which has that trade and ship them there.

'nuf sed

I like to see little lambs and rabbits in the fields, but have no probleming eating them. Nor do I have a problem eating cats and dogs. But I do have a problem mistreating animals or seeing them suffer.

Regarding humans I can't stop poverty worldwide, but I try to help where I can. Even if it is with simple things as with giving the bottles, papers etc to garbage collectors and teaching at remote schools for free and making donations to a hospital. 

There are now foodprograms etc to help people in need because of the crisis and it is not enough. But just let not forget that not only animals suffer.

If you object to dogs forming packs and suffering from rabbies, help preventing more and more strays. Donate to have them neuterd and being given rabbies shots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, Preacher said:

You could help with neutering them.

That would help reduce the number of uncared for mutts more than any other action, if the OP really wanted to help address the problem this would be the most sensible and long term way  to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I went there and they are really starving !!!

Anybody can confirm delivery address or even bring food there 2 or 3 times a week ?

Usually people do not finish their dishes, so why not giving the left over to dogs at temple and shelters ?

Sorry, can we move this message to Pattaya forum as it seems to concern Pattaya mostly ?

thank you.

• Like 2