Amnesty for Non-O mulitiple entry stamp period expiring?

I would like to apologize first of all if this post and question seems redundant, but I haven't been able to find any direct or clear answers on the forum, or not to my mind anyway.

What about 90 day permission to stay  stamp-in periods? My Non-O multi entry visa doesn't expire until October, so my problem is not to do with a visa expiring but with the 90 day permission to stay period expiring at the end of MAy before the country is likely to be opened up for border bounces etc. It appears they are just going to leave that ambiguous and up to individual officers to decide whether there is an amnesty, no?

I've seen some posts where people try to work out what to do by what the purpose of the amnesty is, to not expose IOs to the virus, so obviously stamps get extensions too, and there is no need to go to immigration. I'm not so sure, especially if you know how things go in Thailand, rules being there for any purpose, that is not really the point in most cases.

So, any experiences you have had in regards to entry stamp period expiring, or other more or less authoritative info, or statements from the authorities you have to share as to what we are supposed to do about this  would be much appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

Ubon Joe,

Doesn't the emergency decree end in April? What if the stamp in period lasts till the last week in MAy?

Thinking that there is no way that situation will improve by end of April. Most likely it will be month by month until situation eases. Most would expect update later in month to extend to May 30.

• Like 1