Jump to content
BANGKOK
Freddie G

What will I need to go/come back on May 30th?

Recommended Posts

Have Non-Imm ) 1 year multiple entry visa...as the borders closed down before my 30 March 90 day visa run. I did the 60 day extension which takes me thru to 30 May 2020...

My question is coming back do I need a virus test and virus insurance?

I know that virus testing is many times impossible and if you can then, they are extremely costly...

I never heard of $100K virus insurance? I am not readying anything more about this - in how people are getting...

Where can one get those?

I am confused and concerned about not being able to come back...

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Health Certificate and the $100K USD are still in effect but you dont need them as expats are not allowwed into the country. I have not seen where they did away with them. Except for Thais who were stranded in other countries there are flights as seen on briefing today on Facebook.One flight came in from Russia and another I cant remember which country 

Yes as for obtaining the requirem,ents I have a friend who lives in Thailand and was caught over in the States with his Thai wife

The problems he had were the need for a test You couldnt get a test unless you were ill and if you were ill then Thai air wasnt letting you on their plane. The $1000K who knows where to get that. At the time he was looking you had to get the ThaI Embassy to stamp these BUT they had closed teh Embassy due to the pandemic

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Crystal Ball !

 

Once you have had your vision, do let us all know the Thai government's requirements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

The Health Certificate and the $100K USD are still in effect but you dont need them as expats are not allowwed into the country. I have not seen where they did away with them. Except for Thais who were stranded in other countries there are flights as seen on briefing today on Facebook.One flight came in from Russia and another I cant remember which country 

Yes as for obtaining the requirem,ents I have a friend who lives in Thailand and was caught over in the States with his Thai wife

The problems he had were the need for a test You couldnt get a test unless you were ill and if you were ill then Thai air wasnt letting you on their plane. The $1000K who knows where to get that. At the time he was looking you had to get the ThaI Embassy to stamp these BUT they had closed teh Embassy due to the pandemic

I am not 100% sure but I think that when the order was issued by CAAT to ban all incoming travel into Thailand it superseeded previous requirements making them null and void. UJ may confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the health certificate maybe needed, but the insurance probably not. if the borders open again. I highley doubtthat workers from neighbouring countries would be able to provide an insurance that covers 100k. 

as it was stated all foreigners must provide these documents.

if I were you I would go to immigration and try and extend again or get a letter from your embassy for the covid extension.

be best to ask what can be done at immigration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jimn said:

I am not 100% sure but I think that when the order was issued by CAAT to ban all incoming travel into Thailand it superseeded previous requirements making them null and void. UJ may confirm?

They still could bring them back after they start allowing flights into the country.

For Thais being repatriated they have to go into a 14 day quarantine.

"THAILAND - published 06.04.2020
Flights to Thailand are suspended from 3 April 2020 17:00 UTC until 18 April 2020 17:00 UTC.
- This does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical, relief and repatriation flights. Passengers will be subject to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival."

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how the current quarantine looks like for foreigners?

Assuming it was May 1st today and a foreigner could enter, would he be quarantined at arrival point (e.g. Bangkok) or is it self-quarantine at home as mentioned before? If it is self-quarantine I wonder if that person was allowed to travel from Bangkok to another province to be home or if there is a quarantine facility in BKK. Also the cost would be interesting to know. For sure that quarantine for 14 days will not be free and might be some expensive hotel?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Health insurance is not a problem for those who already have it or those who are younger, because most new policies cover pandemics and Corona (health insurance, not travel insurance).

 

However I find it very difficult to get this Corona lab test in Europe. So we might be forced to fake it - just talking out the truth what many might have already thought.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, ubonjoe said:

I cannot predict where you will able to travel to or what will be needed for entry on May 30th.

The health certificate and $100k US insurance were dropped when they stopped allowing flights into the country until the 18th.

You may be able to apply for another 60 day extension under the special visa rules or at least a 30 day extension.

All you can do now is wait and see.

But if the OP has a valid 60 day extension now doesn't he benefit from the amnesty provided of course it is extended further than the current date of 30 April, until the amnesty is terminated and some normality returns to leaving and entering Thailand?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

But if the OP has a valid 60 day extension now doesn't he benefit from the amnesty provided of course it is extended further than the current date of 30 April, until the amnesty is terminated and some normality returns to leaving and entering Thailand?

 

He is on the 60 day extension now. When it ends and if the emergency decree is still in effect he would be allowed to stay until the emergency ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Does anyone know how the current quarantine looks like for foreigners?

Assuming it was May 1st today and a foreigner could enter, would he be quarantined at arrival point (e.g. Bangkok) or is it self-quarantine at home as mentioned before?

I'd be curious to know this too. As well as for Thai nationals. Self quarantine at home or chosen location from the authorities ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RedReding said:

I'd be curious to know this too. As well as for Thai nationals. Self quarantine at home or chosen location from the authorities ?

Nobody will know that until they start allowing flights into the country again. They are now allowed now up to the 18th but that could be extended. At this time anybody that is able to enter the country are being sent to a quarantine facility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one really knows, of course, but I'll also try to do some real research on the quarantine setup towards the end of May - has a trip out planned & need to get onto a new 90-day period with my non-B visa.

 

The illusion of "having rights" has kinda vanished globally now, but I guess there would be some fundamentals that could be checked - for me the most important part would be to be able to bring a lot of medications + get food for a strict diet I need. 

 

Perhaps THE one, seriously important variable will be ventilation and some type of guarantee that one will not be required to share a room...

 

All that being said, at least I will do almost WHATEVER that is possible to avoid anything close to being in the claws of government in a quarantine!

 

Hope everyone make it, somehow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A tiny tip for anyone who wants to follow developments daily: search for flights with Qatar to see when it opens up 🙂

 

Their policy is clear: they will keep flying whenever possible, so their planned flights is a good measuring stick.

I've got my return booked with them, and has checked the changes in flights almost daily, has been very useful - the airlines of course will know MUCH more than us about what is going on!

Edited by EbhB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...