Rolex ADs

WhereIsMyRyeBread

You've got almost no chance. It's no different in Thailand than in Europe or the US: Sports models are almost never on display and they are for back order only. You may find a 114060 Submariner or something similar if you are lucky.

Pepsi's, Batman's, Hulk's, James Cameron's, etc - never seen one in stock. And why would they be when they are worth more on the grey market than they are in the ADs?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You've got almost no chance. It's no different in Thailand than in Europe or the US: Sports models are almost never on display and they are for back order only. You may find a 114060 Submariner or something similar if you are lucky.

Pepsi's, Batman's, Hulk's, James Cameron's, etc - never seen one in stock. And why would they be when they are worth more on the grey market than they are in the ADs?

ouch...thanks for your reply ???? 

If you don't mind buying from US (probably worth a trip there to get it rather than sending it):

https://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-126710bksj.html?refSrc=PRE-RLX16710PEPSI&nosto=productpage-nosto-1

Preowned:

https://www.jomashop.com/preowned-1-rolex-watch-16710pepsi.html?refSrc=RLX126710BKSJ&nosto=productpage-nosto-3

They are genuine, had things bought from them but never shipped out of US.

image.png.67e19c96b393748b04cd55d03c618177.png

Edited by tomazbodner
Links are confusing - I hope they show both of these - else just search under Rolex watches
  • Thanks 1

For popular sports models you have a better chance of buying one through reputable re-sellers in Bangkok (rather than the AD's) such as Papaya Watch (in Central World & MBK) and Cherry Watch. They update their current stock daily via their instagram accounts. They sell both new and used items. 

On 20th March Papaya Watch listed a Pepsi with jubilee band (new 2020) for 5xx,xxx baht. 

I bought a Rolex last Week from these guys www.watchbyladda.com , they are on chrono24 since 2016 , was pleased with my purchase and the service provided , was very sceptical at first , this being Thailand , but everything proved to be above board and the watch was perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

For popular sports models you have a better chance of buying one through reputable re-sellers in Bangkok (rather than the AD's) such as Papaya Watch (in Central World & MBK) and Cherry Watch. They update their current stock daily via their instagram accounts. They sell both new and used items. 

On 20th March Papaya Watch listed a Pepsi with jubilee band (new 2020) for 5xx,xxx baht. 

yea I had my eyes on Papaya on instagram, my only hesitation is that they're not listed on Chrono 24 which is surprising. But, could be a language thing and they're not comfie liaising with english speaking buyers online..not sure. very interesting stock. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

I bought a Rolex last Week from these guys www.watchbyladda.com , they are on chrono24 since 2016 , was pleased with my purchase and the service provided , was very sceptical at first , this being Thailand , but everything proved to be above board and the watch was perfect.

interesting, thank you ????

16 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

If you don't mind buying from US (probably worth a trip there to get it rather than sending it):

https://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-126710bksj.html?refSrc=PRE-RLX16710PEPSI&nosto=productpage-nosto-1

Preowned:

https://www.jomashop.com/preowned-1-rolex-watch-16710pepsi.html?refSrc=RLX126710BKSJ&nosto=productpage-nosto-3

They are genuine, had things bought from them but never shipped out of US.

image.png.67e19c96b393748b04cd55d03c618177.png

Maybe he wants to buy a new one at the official Rolex price, not get gouged for a 72% premium!

16 hours ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

There's like 10+ authorized Rolex dealers, has anyone got any recommendation of one over the other? 
Better to go to one farther out or?  Any collectors of genuine Rolexes on this forum? 

Im trying to find a GMT II aka 'pepsi' once the covid <deleted> is over...

It sounds as though you're wanting to buy at the official price from an AD so, in terms of availability, in Thailand you'll need to get your name on as many waiting lists as possible with all the ADs, none of them will have what you're looking for in stock. 

I like Cortina Watch's (Erawan) specific Rolex shop, got on their list for a Daytona and a GMT II in November last year but having never bought from them before I don't really expect to hear from them until they've satisfied their existing customers.

Best to visit all of them, when there's no stock there's no difference between any of them! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2020 at 10:30 AM, a3tsw said:

Another thing, if you don't mind me asking. When you bought it, did you rely on your own experience to check it under a loupe to determine it's the real deal.
Or it was more the overall impression and research that made you conclude it's all good. Or did you do anything else like trying to contact the previous owner on an original warranty card or anything?  I guess one could take the watch to an AD after buying it at watchbyladda for a service to get a confirmation as well. Or did you take it apart and check serials number and so on?   

7 minutes ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

I guess one could take the watch to an AD after buying it at watchbyladda for a service to get a confirmation as well.

For other readers: AD's will not normally confirm if a piece is genuine or not genuine. Your best bet would be to take the watch to the service centre on Wireless Road and ask if they would accept the watch for service.

The possibilities are that:

a. The watch will be accepted for service.

b. The watch will be accepted for service, but you will be advised that certain parts are not genuine, and that these must be replaced during service. Non genuine parts, for example, might include the bracelet or crown. (Note that you might be later informed about non genuine parts even if a watch is accepted without question, but in this case it will normally relate to parts of the movement).

c. The watch will not be accepted for service.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, blackcab said:

For other readers: AD's will not normally confirm if a piece is genuine or not genuine. Your best bet would be to take the watch to the service centre on Wireless Road and ask if they would accept the watch for service.

The possibilities are that:

a. The watch will be accepted for service.

b. The watch will be accepted for service, but you will be advised that certain parts are not genuine, and that these must be replaced during service. Non genuine parts, for example, might include the bracelet or crown. (Note that you might be later informed about non genuine parts even if a watch is accepted without question, but in this case it will normally relate to parts of the movement).

c. The watch will not be accepted for service.

Rolex NYC on 5th Ave charges now $100 to verify if a Rolex is real or fake because of so many clowns walking in there with the phony <deleted> they buy online.

The really high end 'Noob Submariners v10' are excellent copies and even the internal movement are faked with Rolex type colored internal parts that prior were a sure way tell if the watch was original. 

Go on Youtube there is a american guy who lives in Japan and he travels around to different cities checking out Rolex watches. No chance even in Japan to walk into a dealer and walking out with one of the in demand watches. There are tons of shops who carry used watches in every large japanese town, that may be your best bet, go to Japan.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:57 PM, mark5335 said:

Virat Watch @ MBK (Mah Boon Krong Mall near Siam stop on BTS)

3rd Floor - Big Fat Porky Pig Thai Chinese Guy runs it and has showcases

full of Rollie and Patek - all real deal and he stocks new hard to find models like the HOT GMT with ceramic Pepsi dial and jubilee band - you want to flex that hard?

I've got a Rolex collection that would choke an Arab Sheik 

but not longer need the feel for bling after stacking my chips so 

high.

oH!

Yes , I watch that guys videos , his name is Austin,

I was booked to go to Tokyo , but the flight was cancelled , first by AirAsia ,  then booked through NokScoot and they then cancelled also.

My intention was to buy an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean , as there was a dealer there ..The Watch Company in Nakano who were selling new Omegas for between 30% to 40% cheaper than Bangkok AD's prices.

2 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

Yes , I watch that guys videos , his name is Austin,

I was booked to go to Tokyo , but the flight was cancelled , first by AirAsia ,  then booked through NokScoot and they then cancelled also.

My intention was to buy an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean , as there was a dealer there ..The Watch Company in Nakano who were selling new Omegas for between 30% to 40% cheaper than Bangkok AD's prices.

Omega are owned by SWATCH and used a modified ETA movement

i.e. = it's trash.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Omega are owned by SWATCH and used a modified ETA movement

i.e. = it's trash.

maybe a bit of divine intervention that the flights to Tokyo were cancelled and I ended up with a Rolex then.

I went round all the centrally based Omega AD's in Bangkok and the best they would offer , by way of a discount was 5%.

I noted Papayawatch latest instagram post (tic toc video snippet). As I can make out in the video post from their counter are some 7 submariners and 10 Explorers all tightly stashed next to each other in small bags with some bezelguard on them to prevent damage during shipping. There's no comment so not sure what the deal is, but gee posts like that do them no favours, just seems too good to be true for skeptics like me.

I've decided to spend a year pursuing the waiting game with the ADs post virus apocalypse.

I'm sure if I serve Buddha a lotus flower and some red Fanta in the temple he'll grant me a Pepsi in return soon enough.

Thanks for the replies and tips ????

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread

9 hours ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

I noted Papayawatch latest instagram post (tic toc video snippet). As I can make out in the video post from their counter are some 7 submariners and 10 Explorers all tightly stashed next to each other in small bags with some bezelguard on them to prevent damage during shipping. There's no comment so not sure what the deal is, but gee posts like that do them no favours, just seems too good to be true for skeptics like me.

I've decided to spend a year pursuing the waiting game with the ADs post virus apocalypse.

I'm sure if I serve Buddha a lotus flower and some red Fanta in the temple he'll grant me a Pepsi in return soon enough.

Thanks for the replies and tips ????

Good luck with your search , keep us posted how you get on , rumour has it that the SS sports models never reach the display case at the AD’s and that they are swept up via the back door by the grey market dealers.

, who then split the premium with the AD. Even if that were not the case and one of these did get to be displayed , the chances are extremely slim that they would remain there for any length of time.

your best bet , I would say is to hope that an AD will place you on their waiting list , they are very reluctant to do so though , but good luck anyway and I hope you are successful in getting the watch that  you are after.

• Like 1

Singapore is a great place to buy 2nd hand. Loads of Rolex in Japan. I wouldn't bother here.

Personally I think Rolex are overpriced. They are also copied with abandon. There are many watches of equal or better quality. Rolex pretty bland. Unless it's a Sub or a simple Oyster instead of announcing class and good taste it's more like - yeah, I'm the dumb guy that doesn't know about UN, IWC, Panerai, Glashutte, Omega.

Just had my Omega fully serviced in BKK. Even discounted 10% it was stupid amount of money. At least a few small parts replaced. The clasp for the bracelet another 4000thb. Know what you're getting into.

I love my Seamaster.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 3:04 PM, JimmyTheMook said:
On 4/13/2020 at 1:29 PM, The Word said:

Just curious, what makes ETAs "trash"? 

You're not a connoisseur obviously.

'nuff said....  

Maybe, maybe not but that sure wasn't "nuff said".  I take it that ETAs aren't as much "trash" as you claimed?

• Confused 1