BANGKOK

There's like 10+ authorized Rolex dealers, has anyone got any recommendation of one over the other? 
Better to go to one farther out or?  Any collectors of genuine Rolexes on this forum? 

Im trying to find a GMT II aka 'pepsi' once the covid <deleted> is over...

You've got almost no chance. It's no different in Thailand than in Europe or the US: Sports models are almost never on display and they are for back order only. You may find a 114060 Submariner or something similar if you are lucky.

Pepsi's, Batman's, Hulk's, James Cameron's, etc - never seen one in stock. And why would they be when they are worth more on the grey market than they are in the ADs?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You've got almost no chance. It's no different in Thailand than in Europe or the US: Sports models are almost never on display and they are for back order only. You may find a 114060 Submariner or something similar if you are lucky.

Pepsi's, Batman's, Hulk's, James Cameron's, etc - never seen one in stock. And why would they be when they are worth more on the grey market than they are in the ADs?

ouch...thanks for your reply 🙂 

Posted (edited)

If you don't mind buying from US (probably worth a trip there to get it rather than sending it):

https://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-126710bksj.html?refSrc=PRE-RLX16710PEPSI&nosto=productpage-nosto-1

Preowned:

https://www.jomashop.com/preowned-1-rolex-watch-16710pepsi.html?refSrc=RLX126710BKSJ&nosto=productpage-nosto-3

They are genuine, had things bought from them but never shipped out of US.

image.png.67e19c96b393748b04cd55d03c618177.png

Edited by tomazbodner
Links are confusing - I hope they show both of these - else just search under Rolex watches
  • Thanks 1

DavidSW has the reputation for having some of the best condition second hand Rolex’s.  Don’t know if he ships to Thailand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Airalee said:

DavidSW has the reputation for having some of the best condition second hand Rolex’s.  Don’t know if he ships to Thailand.

You wouldn't want to pay the import duty and VAT.

4 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You wouldn't want to pay the import duty and VAT.

Of course not....but for a rare(ish) Rolex that probably won’t be available here, what’s the choice?

For popular sports models you have a better chance of buying one through reputable re-sellers in Bangkok (rather than the AD's) such as Papaya Watch (in Central World & MBK) and Cherry Watch. They update their current stock daily via their instagram accounts. They sell both new and used items. 

On 20th March Papaya Watch listed a Pepsi with jubilee band (new 2020) for 5xx,xxx baht. 

I bought a Rolex last Week from these guys www.watchbyladda.com , they are on chrono24 since 2016 , was pleased with my purchase and the service provided , was very sceptical at first , this being Thailand , but everything proved to be above board and the watch was perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

For popular sports models you have a better chance of buying one through reputable re-sellers in Bangkok (rather than the AD's) such as Papaya Watch (in Central World & MBK) and Cherry Watch. They update their current stock daily via their instagram accounts. They sell both new and used items. 

On 20th March Papaya Watch listed a Pepsi with jubilee band (new 2020) for 5xx,xxx baht. 

yea I had my eyes on Papaya on instagram, my only hesitation is that they're not listed on Chrono 24 which is surprising. But, could be a language thing and they're not comfie liaising with english speaking buyers online..not sure. very interesting stock. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

I bought a Rolex last Week from these guys www.watchbyladda.com , they are on chrono24 since 2016 , was pleased with my purchase and the service provided , was very sceptical at first , this being Thailand , but everything proved to be above board and the watch was perfect.

interesting, thank you 🙂

16 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

If you don't mind buying from US (probably worth a trip there to get it rather than sending it):

https://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-126710bksj.html?refSrc=PRE-RLX16710PEPSI&nosto=productpage-nosto-1

Preowned:

https://www.jomashop.com/preowned-1-rolex-watch-16710pepsi.html?refSrc=RLX126710BKSJ&nosto=productpage-nosto-3

They are genuine, had things bought from them but never shipped out of US.

image.png.67e19c96b393748b04cd55d03c618177.png

Maybe he wants to buy a new one at the official Rolex price, not get gouged for a 72% premium!

16 hours ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

There's like 10+ authorized Rolex dealers, has anyone got any recommendation of one over the other? 
Better to go to one farther out or?  Any collectors of genuine Rolexes on this forum? 

Im trying to find a GMT II aka 'pepsi' once the covid <deleted> is over...

It sounds as though you're wanting to buy at the official price from an AD so, in terms of availability, in Thailand you'll need to get your name on as many waiting lists as possible with all the ADs, none of them will have what you're looking for in stock. 

I like Cortina Watch's (Erawan) specific Rolex shop, got on their list for a Daytona and a GMT II in November last year but having never bought from them before I don't really expect to hear from them until they've satisfied their existing customers.

Best to visit all of them, when there's no stock there's no difference between any of them! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2020 at 10:30 AM, a3tsw said:

Another thing, if you don't mind me asking. When you bought it, did you rely on your own experience to check it under a loupe to determine it's the real deal.
Or it was more the overall impression and research that made you conclude it's all good. Or did you do anything else like trying to contact the previous owner on an original warranty card or anything?  I guess one could take the watch to an AD after buying it at watchbyladda for a service to get a confirmation as well. Or did you take it apart and check serials number and so on?