BANGKOK
Jenkins9039

Issues with Neighbours | Parameter Wall Advice.

This seems to be a well versed point of discussion on the soy, a overly painful neighbour to deal with that seems to annoy everyone I've spoken to over the years, I usually ignore and allow the wife to deal with, but today I vented my anger and disdain and blew up, mainly because the guy was hanging over our garden wall, coughing and telling me in French what i could and could not do.

The neighbour owns a garage, this garage is beside our land, it was meant to be public road land, but the neighbour was fortunate to buy it of the land owner way back when before it was declared as part of the public land when she sold land-plots on the road (its, usual, for example i own a chunk of land and i have to accommodate for roads when subdividing and selling), his garage is off the main soy (2 lane) into i guess our private soy (2 lane), from the front of our property back, we have a wall, where it meets his garage, the wall at this point is inverted, i.e the rest of our walls show flat rendered surface externally, but at this point we are looking at a flat surface internally, this continues to the back of our garden.

His garage has a tiled roof, with gutters that come down over the wall directly (overhangs) and in some cases over our garden, and this disputed wall, which we believe to be ours..

At the back we had a pump room built, we've since built the 'tree-house' which on top of that sits the solar array.

Today i was fitting a cosmetic bbq, and he was snooping over the full height wall, and as usual, his thai wife and himself started arguing (speaking with my staff).

I told them clearly, they were trespassing on my land (keep sticking their heads over the wall), the wall belonged to me, the building and the construction was allowed, and the bbq was allowed, and if they had issues then we should settle it with the police, and then court.

If they continued i'd have the wall extended (height) and they'd have to rebuild their garage.

They kept on and on and continues (foreigner) to stick his head over the wall looking into the garden, and the wife continues to be a pain, my wife is of the same mind set as me -- 'too rude to put in text', and when she returns from the daily foraging 'deals with them'.

But this brings up a question: 

• The pool room is below the height of the wall, or just around the same height (within a foot), this is directly against the wall, and is legal as i understand, the solar-treehouse above that is a foot away from the wall at the very least.

• The chanute is a straight line, so they've built their garage overhang over the wall and the wall would follow our other wall and be ours (the prior owner even told me directly the wall was owned by him (me), but i never considered it at the time).

How would you handle this? 

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 20.14.20.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 20.10.46.png

hqdefault.jpg

Ask the Land Office to adjudicate.

IME boundary walls are sometimes shared 50/50.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Give him a big French kiss with your fist.

Unfortunately he is about 70, though active.

Coughing today, i did consider calling the corona helpline, but then i'd never forgive myself if they carted him off forcefully from his home and he died. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, timendres said:

"SATAN" - I love it.

Install a webcam pointed right at the wall where he likes to pop his head up. Create a live webcam YouTube channel. Make it funny with subtitles. Monetize it.

Oh, we have CCTV. Him and his wife forced their way into our home to view the streams and inform us of the adjustments they wanted, sometime last year.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Ask the Land Office to adjudicate.

IME boundary walls are sometimes shared 50/50.

Did consider this, I'm all for taking to court even, but it's draining, (energy).

The land office would likely go along with the chanute which should surely factor in the long-standing existing parameter walls. 

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Dang, and we thought the virus was a big problem!

Just attended a hospital this evening -- It was dead, so i doubt that is a big problem.

A trollish unhelpful post has been removed along with a response.

@Jenkins9039 you got any comments for us?

On 4/11/2020 at 1:47 AM, Jenkins9039 said:

Oh, we have CCTV. Him and his wife forced their way into our home to view the streams and inform us of the adjustments they wanted, sometime last year.

I had problems in Australia with a neighbour so became quite interested in your topic and tried to imagine the scenario in my mind.

But when I read you said a 70 year old man forced his way into your house and made you make adjustments to security cams/video...........

• Like 1