Pattaya officials revise lockdown plans - new checkpoints to be set up

rooster59

In addition to changing the locations of the checkpoints, authorities will focus their attention on securely locking down an inner part of the city where about 2,800 foreign tourists are staying and most of the infections have occurred, starting on Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't see the new checkpoints working, there are loads of shortcuts to avoid them. We need a map to see the road blocks

Again, I ride a pushbike around Jomtien/Pattaya. FAR too many shortcuts to get around. I can go from Na Jomtien all the way to Pattaya Nua without ever hitting a major road.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

In addition to changing the locations of the checkpoints, authorities will focus their attention on securely locking down an inner part of the city where about 2,800 foreign tourists are staying and most of the infections have occurred, starting on Tuesday.

why not just test the 2800?

or do they intend to lock that area down and let it burn through the foreign population?

Edited by GeorgeCross

5 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

or do they intend to lock that area down and let it burn through the foreign population?

The rational is to stop others entering the central area, unless necessary.. Out of 33 cases in Pattaya, 26 are in that central area.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

They say their intention is to test the 2,800 Foreigners, how and why is unsure.

9 minutes ago, bahtboy said:

Yes, a map is definitely needed.

I am sure they will produce one.

5 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

If they set up on central road getting down central road to go to Big C Extra should be fun..........thinking of those of us on the darkside

Seems the checkpoint on Central road is exactly at Big C extra, it will be interesting to see if the back roads are closed, there are many ways to get to Big C extra other than Central road, in fact I don't think I've ever entered from that way.

• Like 1

Sheesh.
According to the OP (going to the linked site) there are 8 checkpoints. Good luck figuring out where they will be. (I'm guessing they used Goofle Translate, which, I know, is spelt "Google")

"8 spots are as follows.
Point 1 in front of mariwit school
Spot 2 Simulation City
Point 3 intersection cuddle north pattaya
Point 4 intersection cuddle central pattaya
Point 5 intersection cuddle south pattaya
Point 6 Thepprasit intersection
Point 7 intersection at wat bunyak cuddle, chanaram
Point 8 intersection of prosecutor (Sukhumvit Road, inbound to Chonburi Province)
"

<deleted> Hahaha - Lets try "what" word translates into "Cuddle" ? I see it all the time on stuff translated by Google (or "Goofle").

And on the PR Pattaya page, there's another post in the comments that has a crappy image of where the checkpoints will be - well, 6 of them at least. Not sure what happened to the other 2.

Can't enlarge the image and it isn't worth trying to download due to the crappy quality.

Didn't know that Pattaya had a sheriff and a Prime Minister either "
"Mr. Amnat Charoen si, bang lamung sheriff with Mr. Twilight"
"
with Deputy Prime Minister of the city"
"
Mr. Twilight is pleased with the prime minister of Pattaya "

Edited by Kerryd
  • Like 1

So making Pattaya into a petri dish. For those who don't know what a petri dish is:

Petri dish
[ˈpɛtri, ˈpiːtri]

NOUN
  1. a shallow, circular, transparent dish with a flat lid, used for the culture of microorganisms.

For Darksider's with the main grocery stores accessible on Sukhumvit, no need to go into the petri dish. 

North Road - Close to 3rd Road Junction

Dolphin Roundabout (from Naklua)

Central Road by Big C extra

South Road at Soi Korpai / Soi Bongkot

Thepprasit Road, not clear.

Jomtien 2nd Road / Beach road traffic light area.

One would assume that all of the sois in from Sukhumvit will be closed, quite a task, as there are a lot.

Edited by Mattd

49 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There have been some new check points set up where I am. Travelling from the balcony to the kitchen this morning there was a checkpoint asking If I have showered yet.

so that's where the DPM health Minister is hiding, you've been keeping that one very quiet lol