Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Hua Hin: Governor says: "Well done folks, there's no need to lock you down".

Recommended Posts

Hua Hin: Governor says: "Well done folks, there's no need to lock you down".

 

20200411102704_new18.jpg

Image: New TV

 

The governor of Prajuab Khiri Khan province had some words of encouragement for the denizens of Hua Hin, the province's famous seaside resort.

 

Phallop Singhasaenee may have started an alcohol sales ban that will extend to the end of the month. He may be threatening transgressors with jail and fines, or both. He may have enacted all manner of restriction on normal life.

 

But following a meeting he had some cheery words yesterday.

 

He said he was not locking down Hua Hin. Hotels, restaurants and the general public there have been very good in following the pandemic regulations, he said.

 

Source: New TV

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-11
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok can someone please enlighten me, I’m in HH right now and I presumed the place was on lock down (not allowed to enter or leave HH).
 

So does the governors comments mean I’m free to leave HH ? As I need to make an urgent trip to Bangkok, I will then return back to HH.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tropo said:

One would have hoped that the decision to restart the economies of various provinces would be made by the central government, and not individual governors. If not, rogue governors could kick start the 2nd wave and undo any good the lockdowns throughout Thailand have done.

I have to agree whilst i understand the need for local government need to control there seem no central government handling, in fact Prayuth seems conspicuous by his absence ( i suspect as most expected this is way above him and his sidekick the watch guy) so worryingly  i have no idea who is running the country

One would like it to be the Thai speaking english guy  on COVID updates he seems to the most educated guy in government i have seen.

 

Any restart you have to take into account border controls..eg  here in PKK we are close to Burmese border, where  for sure little or no testing there and disease could be rampant for months years to come.

So you cant just let them over with border pass as they do now!

 

Things must change !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, poohy said:

I have to agree whilst i understand the need for local government need to control there seem no central government handling, in fact Prayuth seems conspicuous by his absence ( i suspect as most expected this is way above him and his sidekick the watch guy) so worryingly  i have no idea who is running the country

One would like it to be the Thai speaking english guy  on COVID updates he seems to the most educated guy in government i have seen.

 

Any restart you have to take into account border controls..eg  here in PKK we are close to Burmese border, where  for sure little or no testing there and disease could be rampant for months years to come.

So you cant just let them over with border pass as they do now!

 

Things must change !

The PM has finally met his match. He can handle people with guns, tanks and propaganda, but how to handle this invisible enemy is beyond him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, poohy said:

I have to agree whilst i understand the need for local government need to control there seem no central government handling, in fact Prayuth seems conspicuous by his absence ( i suspect as most expected this is way above him and his sidekick the watch guy) so worryingly  i have no idea who is running the country

One would like it to be the Thai speaking english guy  on COVID updates he seems to the most educated guy in government i have seen.

 

Any restart you have to take into account border controls..eg  here in PKK we are close to Burmese border, where  for sure little or no testing there and disease could be rampant for months years to come.

So you cant just let them over with border pass as they do now!

 

Things must change !

Seems like Prayut just makes a weekly speech to the nation, saying how well all the provincial governors are doing, the deputy has been put away somewhere safe and Anutin is keeping a low profile after his stressed outbursts... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Following the pandemic regulations" is not a "metric" but rather the results, ie., decreasing infections, deaths, hospitalizations, treatment, testing. So what the Governor is basing his decision not to lockdown the town is antedoctal - what he feels versus what is fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCC ... you can  continue with your daily visits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bangkok has a similar "partial" lockdown - people can still go to work, public transport is operating, restaurants can stay open for takeaway and delivery.  It's a shame they closed the parks, as people are now jogging on the footpaths.  It's a shame there's no beach like you have in Hua Hin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, taxin said:

Ok can someone please enlighten me, I’m in HH right now and I presumed the place was on lock down (not allowed to enter or leave HH).
 

So does the governors comments mean I’m free to leave HH ? As I need to make an urgent trip to Bangkok, I will then return back to HH.

In cha am area now and noticed a few neighbours relatives coming from bangkok to visit ( 2 cars full) , so I dont see the difference you going to bangkok and returning . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, taxin said:

Ok can someone please enlighten me, I’m in HH right now and I presumed the place was on lock down (not allowed to enter or leave HH).
 

So does the governors comments mean I’m free to leave HH ? As I need to make an urgent trip to Bangkok, I will then return back to HH.

Went from HH to Phetburi this week. 3 checkpoints and stopped at each one. Temperature checks, urine checks (yes they were taking the <deleted>). No request for passport or ID at any stop. I reckon you are OK to go to BKK and back so long at you have home address in HH and Prachuap plates on car/truck.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Bangkok has a similar "partial" lockdown - people can still go to work, public transport is operating, restaurants can stay open for takeaway and delivery.  It's a shame they closed the parks, as people are now jogging on the footpaths.  It's a shame there's no beach like you have in Hua Hin.

I'm with my GF at her place in HH. At some point I need to go back to my condo in BKK but not in a hurry as parks closed, pool closed and gym closed. At least here in HH the beach is still open for my daily 16kms of excercise. Losing weight fast!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...