Hua Hin: Governor says: "Well done folks, there's no need to lock you down".

rooster59

Hua Hin: Governor says: "Well done folks, there's no need to lock you down".

20200411102704_new18.jpg

Image: New TV

The governor of Prajuab Khiri Khan province had some words of encouragement for the denizens of Hua Hin, the province's famous seaside resort.

Phallop Singhasaenee may have started an alcohol sales ban that will extend to the end of the month. He may be threatening transgressors with jail and fines, or both. He may have enacted all manner of restriction on normal life.

But following a meeting he had some cheery words yesterday.

He said he was not locking down Hua Hin. Hotels, restaurants and the general public there have been very good in following the pandemic regulations, he said.

Source: New TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-11
  • Like 2

Ok can someone please enlighten me, I’m in HH right now and I presumed the place was on lock down (not allowed to enter or leave HH).

So does the governors comments mean I’m free to leave HH ? As I need to make an urgent trip to Bangkok, I will then return back to HH.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, tropo said:

One would have hoped that the decision to restart the economies of various provinces would be made by the central government, and not individual governors. If not, rogue governors could kick start the 2nd wave and undo any good the lockdowns throughout Thailand have done.

I have to agree whilst i understand the need for local government need to control there seem no central government handling, in fact Prayuth seems conspicuous by his absence ( i suspect as most expected this is way above him and his sidekick the watch guy) so worryingly  i have no idea who is running the country

One would like it to be the Thai speaking english guy  on COVID updates he seems to the most educated guy in government i have seen.

Any restart you have to take into account border controls..eg  here in PKK we are close to Burmese border, where  for sure little or no testing there and disease could be rampant for months years to come.

So you cant just let them over with border pass as they do now!

Things must change !

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

I have to agree whilst i understand the need for local government need to control there seem no central government handling, in fact Prayuth seems conspicuous by his absence ( i suspect as most expected this is way above him and his sidekick the watch guy) so worryingly  i have no idea who is running the country

One would like it to be the Thai speaking english guy  on COVID updates he seems to the most educated guy in government i have seen.

Any restart you have to take into account border controls..eg  here in PKK we are close to Burmese border, where  for sure little or no testing there and disease could be rampant for months years to come.

Things must change !

The PM has finally met his match. He can handle people with guns, tanks and propaganda, but how to handle this invisible enemy is beyond him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Things must change !

Seems like Prayut just makes a weekly speech to the nation, saying how well all the provincial governors are doing, the deputy has been put away somewhere safe and Anutin is keeping a low profile after his stressed outbursts... 

• Like 1

"Following the pandemic regulations" is not a "metric" but rather the results, ie., decreasing infections, deaths, hospitalizations, treatment, testing. So what the Governor is basing his decision not to lockdown the town is antedoctal - what he feels versus what is fact. 

Bangkok has a similar "partial" lockdown - people can still go to work, public transport is operating, restaurants can stay open for takeaway and delivery.  It's a shame they closed the parks, as people are now jogging on the footpaths.  It's a shame there's no beach like you have in Hua Hin.

6 hours ago, taxin said:

Ok can someone please enlighten me, I’m in HH right now and I presumed the place was on lock down (not allowed to enter or leave HH).

So does the governors comments mean I’m free to leave HH ? As I need to make an urgent trip to Bangkok, I will then return back to HH.

In cha am area now and noticed a few neighbours relatives coming from bangkok to visit ( 2 cars full) , so I dont see the difference you going to bangkok and returning . 

8 hours ago, taxin said:

Went from HH to Phetburi this week. 3 checkpoints and stopped at each one. Temperature checks, urine checks (yes they were taking the <deleted>). No request for passport or ID at any stop. I reckon you are OK to go to BKK and back so long at you have home address in HH and Prachuap plates on car/truck.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Bangkok has a similar "partial" lockdown - people can still go to work, public transport is operating, restaurants can stay open for takeaway and delivery.  It's a shame they closed the parks, as people are now jogging on the footpaths.  It's a shame there's no beach like you have in Hua Hin.

I'm with my GF at her place in HH. At some point I need to go back to my condo in BKK but not in a hurry as parks closed, pool closed and gym closed. At least here in HH the beach is still open for my daily 16kms of excercise. Losing weight fast!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

If you walk/jog 16km each day you could be home in Bangkok in just 12 days.

Who knows what new orders, decrees or rules may be dreamed up in the next 12 days. I'll take the bike instead and be home in less than 3 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, taxin said:

As far as I know, HH hasn't been locked down yet out of the curfew hours (22:00 to 4:00). We are still free to drive in and out on day time, as long as we comply to the local regulations. You'll have to get through a few checkpoints at every province "border", but as long as you are healthy, wear a mask and carry your passport with you at all time, you should be OK, as for now. My advice would be to check your body temperature before leaving your home, just to be on the safe side.

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Went from HH to Phetburi this week. 3 checkpoints and stopped at each one. Temperature checks, urine checks (yes they were taking the <deleted>). No request for passport or ID at any stop. I reckon you are OK to go to BKK and back so long at you have home address in HH and Prachuap plates on car/truck.  

Mmm.. I can show a HH address but my car plates are not Prachuap (or Bkk), this is also what worries me.

11 hours ago, taxin said:

Mmm.. I can show a HH address but my car plates are not Prachuap (or Bkk), this is also what worries me.

Currently it is ok to travel between provinces, but if you do, when you return you would need to self isolate for 14 days or go get tested.  That is what I was told when I went to register that I had returned to PKK province after March 15th, had a nice 4 day Island trip before the madness started.

His words are encouraging. With only 700 cases in the past 9 days, and barely 15 deaths, it is safe to say this thing has leveled off, and Thailand is out of the woods. If this thing were going to blow up, it would have happened long ago, when millions were visiting from China and Europe. Incubation is only a week or two. Think about it.

The Zombie Apocalypse is NOT on its way. Take a deep breath. Hopefully, the restrictions will start easing soon. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, taxin said:

I don't know about if Hua Hin is on lockdown but I went to Bangkok on Friday from Cha-am in the VERY early morning to bring my friend who was stuck here (due to no minivans or buses)

I only had one police stop near Khao Yoi (just before Mueang Phetchaburi on the way back) where they checked my temperature and waved me in other than that absolutely nothing on the way in or out of Bangkok.

I left at 4:30am, got there at 7:30am with a stop for gas and for my bum (was on a scooter). came back instantly and got home around 11am after a stop for food and whatnot, traffic going towards Bangkok fine until you hit the city then its the normal bumper to bumper traffic (around 7am)

on the way out it was a breeze

edit: they didn't check my plates, ask for pee or ask for any ID, lol

Edited by kekalot
words

23 hours ago, taxin said:

You may be able to leave HH but you would still have to negotiate the inter-provincial check points showing the relevant documentation. Should you eventually arrive in Bangkok, there would be the possibility of not being able to return to HH due to local restrictions - only a thought!

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not for long the governor has already closed half of the beaches and wants to close everything as Petchaburi closed yesterday

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

His words are encouraging. With only 700 cases in the past 9 days, and barely 15 deaths, it is safe to say this thing has leveled off, and Thailand is out of the woods. If this thing were going to blow up, it would have happened long ago, when millions were visiting from China and Europe. Incubation is only a week or two. Think about it.

The Zombie Apocalypse is NOT on its way. Take a deep breath. Hopefully, the restrictions will start easing soon. 

I'll drink to that! 

2 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Undoing the loss of jobs and desperately needed income for so many would be good in my humble opionion.

this is an ethical issue which many countries will have to consider; if the lockdown continues beyond a certain point it could/would do irreparable damage the the economy to the detriment of all. therefore should the lockdown be cancelled and the economy restarted while acknowledging that this action will in all likelihood cause more fatalities, but will be for the benefit of the country and its citizens in the long term.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Undoing the loss of jobs and desperately needed income for so many would be good in my humble opionion.

It's too late for any businesses associated with tourists. They're not coming back for a long time as economies around the world have been destroyed. Obviously a wake plan has to be rolled out in stages starting with the most essential jobs. It might take quite a while for life as we knew it to return, and then of course there's a very big chance of a 2nd wave. These viruses mutate and 3 strains are already know.

Well Mr Rooster after reading the first few paragraphs I was beginning to think that wherever you live there must be a different set of restrictions.

As I understand the curfew it is between 10pm and 4am and I don’t usually go out between those hours, maybe you do?

The kids are normally on holiday at this time of the year although I understand the holidays have been extended.

The local small shops that sell grog seem to be trading as normal and at our Makro you are temperature tested, have to wear a mask and are socially distanced at the check out which is no great imposition.

We did decline to attend a funeral on Saturday and our planned trip to Australia at the end of the month had to be cancelled but apart from wearing masks and avoiding people life seems to go on as normal.