Jump to content

Applying to ED visa in a foreign country


Recommended Posts

Hi,

Im a Sudanese national currently residing in Bangkok on non-immigrant ED visa , my visa is expiring end of April , so i was informed that i need to go back to my home country and apply for a new ED visa from there (im not sure about this because im already in Bangkok so why i dont just get the visa from here) , anyway, my problem is that there is no thai embassy in my country to issue ED-visa and also the ports are shutdown due to Covid19 situation , somebody told me that i can apply for the ED visa in one of the neighboring countries (Malaysia specifically) , but i need to get some kind of documentation from the MOFA here and submitted with my other documents in Kuala lumper ,   if its true whats the name of the document, and if you got any other suggestions to my issue ill highly appreciate it 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could apply at KL but you would have to submit your application and supporting documents and wait up to 4 weeks for approval.

But at this time they are not accepting application for any visa other that a non-b visa for working or teaching.

Info is here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/99060-Visa-Requirements-I.html

I assume you have extension of stay based upon a attending school not a valid non-b visa that expiring. Your school should ask immigration about applying for the extension without getting a new non-ed visa due to the emergency situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply at KL but you would have to submit your application and supporting documents and wait up to 4 weeks for approval.

But at this time they are not accepting application for any visa other that a non-b visa for working or teaching.

Info is here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/99060-Visa-Requirements-I.html

I assume you have extension of stay based upon a attending school not a valid non-b visa that expiring. Your school should ask immigration about applying for the extension without getting a new non-ed visa due to the emergency situation.

currently im on a NON-Imm ED visa for 1 year which will expire 29 april , now i was accepted in another program at the school that will last 10 month , but my university told me i need to go back to my home country to apply for another ED Non-Imm visa if i want to attend this program , about the process taking 4 weeks  i think beause it will be subject for the approval of the MOFA , but i heard due to the non-existence of a thai embassy in my home country i can get some sort of document that enables me to apply for an ED-visa in kuala laumper and the process will take two weeks ,this unrelated to the extension due to the emergency decree. im talking about after the emergency decree is lifted.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, freesudani said:

currently im on a NON-Imm ED visa for 1 year

Unless you had a multiple entry non-ed visa that is valid for a year and requires leaving the country every 90 days your visa expired long ago. You got a one year extension of stay that was applied for at a immigration office.

If you are attending the same university you should be able to apply for another extension of stay at immigration.

I suggest you read the page I posted a link to including the requirements to apply for a non-ed visa. 

Until after April 28th you would not be able to enter Malaysia to apply for the visa and that could be extended then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you had a multiple entry non-ed visa that is valid for a year and requires leaving the country every 90 days your visa expired long ago. You got a one year extension of stay that was applied for at a immigration office.

If you are attending the same university you should be able to apply for another extension of stay at immigration.

I suggest you read the page I posted a link to including the requirements to apply for a non-ed visa. 

Until after April 28th you would not be able to enter Malaysia to apply for the visa and that could be extended then.

Yes, im applying for a 10 month program at the same university , do you suggest that i go to WT and apply for a ED  10 month visa based on that  or they will still request me to go out of thailand and apply in an embassy?... it kind a strange coz in other countries you dont need to do that.

 

just for clarifcation .. when i first arrived in June the visa was upto end of april but i still needed to renew it every 3 month so next time i will not be able to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, freesudani said:

Yes, im applying for a 10 month program at the same university , do you suggest that i go to WT and apply for a ED  10 month visa based on that  or they will still request me to go out of thailand and apply in an embassy?... it kind a strange coz in other countries you dont need to do that.

What does WT mean. You could apply for a 10 month extension of stay at  immigration with supporting documents from the university.

 

6 minutes ago, freesudani said:

ust for clarifcation .. when i first arrived in June the visa was upto end of april but i still needed to renew it every 3 month so next time i will not be able to do it. 

Apparently you got a 10 month extension of stay before. It think the renewal  you wrote about was a 90 day report of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...