He is glad he is back,wasnt the dream!

13 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

What are the reasons?

I like the weather. I like the food - cheap or not. I like the people. I actually like the "controlled chaos" of Bangkok. I really like the buildings in Bangkok. I like the countryside. I like the quirky things I see everywhere I go. I like the people I work with. It is a very long list.

You could easily argue that there are plenty of other places which would satisfy my likes, and you may be right. I always keep an open mind, and I always have a plan for leaving, if things get too difficult or too absurd here. I keep an eye on Vietnam. I keep an eye on South America, and there are places in Europe that could be quite interesting. And my home is always a fine choice, although there would be sacrifices, namely long winters and the need to cook if I want good food.

If I enjoyed the process of traveling more, I would not stay in any one place for long. I would travel all over. I even consider the possibility of changing countries every year in the future, although that introduces a level of complexity I am not excited about.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:29 AM, androokery said:

Stuff. Just stuff. Things I’ve acquired over the years. Things I don’t really use but don’t feel comfortable getting rid of. At least not yet. But when the resentment of paying for storage space is stronger than the connection to the stuff then I will be free.

You speak truth. I certainly have been a slave to my stuff over the years. I would have had a much better life without it, but having acquired it at great expense I am reluctant to get rid of it and especially because I'd never be able to sell it for what I paid for it.

Anyway, the few times I did get rid of something I needed it shortly afterwards.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, kingdong said:

"My house"? Can a farang own a house in the los now?

There are legal ways to do it,how legal they are or if they would standup in court is the question,however it satisfied the Police when i had my ex wife removed from said house,of course court is a different matter,that's why even though i was fairly sure i would win,i payed her off to get a divorce,have her name removed from Chanote ect.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

There are legal ways to do it,how legal they are or if they would standup in court is the question,however it satisfied the Police when i had my ex wife removed from said house,of course court is a different matter,that's why even though i was fairly sure i would win,i payed her off to get a divorce,have her name removed from Chanote ect.

I've always understood a farang can own a house, but never the land on which it stands.