BANGKOK
georgegeorgia

He is glad he is back,wasnt the dream!

26 minutes ago, VBF said:

Wherever you go.........there you are. Think about it. 🤔

You’re pretty sharp yourself with such profound statements.

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2020 at 6:11 AM, marko kok prong said:

Don't understand why people live in condo's in Patts or Phuket,okay i live up country,Wichianburi,Phetchabun province,my house is on a rai of land,and i think is 220sq metres,,3 bedroom main with en suite ,pool,screened rear patio overlooking pool,fully ac,even my shed,landscaped gardens ,all up with everything maybe 5-6 million baht.Now i am not saying everyone can afford that,but if your mate sold a 2 bed flat in Sydney,surely he could afford more than a 21sq metre condo. Of course he got bored,did he drink? Not much chance of making mates in Patts if you don't and he complained about the heat surely he had ac,anyway Patts not hot,one drawback to living here,it is scorching from late feb until June,even then it rarely dips below 35c did he have a regular gf,that can make a difference,mind you not always for the best,sounds like he was somewhat of a round peg in a square hole. Op maybe think of this,before i lived here i had visited many times ,in 2012 i met a girl from up this way in Phuket,i had to return to Aussie for some months to wait for an insurance payout for a work injury,i came back and said to myself,okay i will try it for 3 months then decide if i would make the move permanent,all was good so i did,8 years later,2 wives and countless gf,i finally feel really settled,i love my houses have a good gf,many expats in the area and it is much cheaper here than Pattaya or Phuket,Australia forget it,i would be a pauper back there,anyway sorry for your mate better luck for you.

"My house"? Can a farang own a house in the los now?

7 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps your chum is a Quasimodo look-a-like with a room just big enough for a king size bed and it didn't work out as expected....😰

Well he obviously got the hump with thailand.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, VBF said:

Wherever you go.........there you are. Think about it.

Unless you're somewhere else.

*Wry laugh emoji*

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, faraday said:

Unless you're somewhere else.

*Wry laugh emoji*

In the immortal words of "Eccles" aka Spike Milligan "Everybody's gotta be somewhere"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0288600/characters/nm0589711

Edited by VBF

Sounds like I was in a similar position, but I've always been happy in my own company, I like people, but I don't really NEED them.  TV, books internet and I'm good for a few days.

I pay a bit more rent for a high floor condo that I enjoy being in, I figured that if the extra rent gives me a place that I can be happy in for 1 more night a week, it'd pay for itself.

I burnt my bridges though, my finances wouldn't go far in the UK.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I burnt my bridges though, my finances wouldn't go far in the UK.

Me too,

Although it was my former Brit wife whom burnt my bridges, with no assistance from me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi Georgegeorgia,  I think your friend became completely enamoured with his own personal vision of what Thailand would be.  He let it blind him to the reality of what Thailand is.  I wish him well.

I think most of us have done that in some form or another.  Usually the teeth marks on your butt are an indication that you might have it wrong.

I have learned over the years that the grass may or may not be greener on the other side ... but it's still freaking grass

Edited by ourdon
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

What is the attraction of Thailand if you are not seeking cheap women, cheap accommodations and cheap street food?

The women aren't that cheap any more.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

If you are going to double dip, there are tons of other countries out their better than Thailand.

What is the attraction of Thailand if you are not seeking cheap women, cheap accommodations and cheap street food?

What does Thailand offer beside air pollution, massive traffic, trash piled all over the place, beaches with tons of plastics, etc.

Living in Thailand for 10+ years I can see no need to spend ANY time in Thailand at all these days.

Double dipping in the Happy Island, Aruba!

Sao the guy didn't like it, at least he didn't sell up and can actually go home, not stuck here like most people. He gave it a go , the bright lights wore dim, away he went, good for him.

you can only sit beside drunks and whores for so long, some people are above this, worked hard all their lives to retire down 2-3 levels.

u can only visit temples, sanctuary of truth etc etc so many times. 

As previously stated, if it ain't for the booze and whores, not much use in living in pattaya. Sounds like he has a real life back home, good on him.

• Like 2

well, what was his objective with moving here ?

for me it was warmer and cheaper, and in that order,

and i met my objective, at least until it went to the point

when i was spending 2k daily on gogo bars, at which point

one of my objectives kinda dissolved.

still warm here thank goodness, i dont want cold again

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

If you are going to double dip, there are tons of other countries out their better than Thailand.

What does Thailand offer beside air pollution, massive traffic, trash piled all over the place, beaches with tons of plastics, etc.

Living in Thailand for 10+ years I can see no need to spend ANY time in Thailand at all these days.

Double dipping in the Happy Island, Aruba!

I actually like it here. For many reasons, none of which you mention.

16 minutes ago, timendres said:

I actually like it here. For many reasons, none of which you mention.

What are the reasons?

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 6:08 PM, georgegeorgia said:

He got bored,sitting often in his 21sqm Pattaya flat ,the constant heat, the boredom, the friends he missed in Australia, the outings in Sydney he missed etc

I don't understand why he didn't get out more,

Patters is one of the easiest places to make a

few friends, or mates as they say in Oz. He could

have tried a few different condos. Plenty of Ozzies

here, great mates, there is no good reason to get

bored in Thailand. Having said that, I cant stay

here more than 4 months, cos I miss Old Blighty

in the summer months.