Do they eat dogs?

jimmybcool

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A species of field rodent is popular bush meat in parts of rural Isaan. They don't 'eat rats in Issan'.

True. People wouldn't eat city rats or house rats.
I've eaten the field rats. The guys go out at night to get them during the season when the rats have been stuffing themselves on the rice crop. And as you say it's popular bush meat, not eaten because they've got no money or haven't got anything else to eat. 

10-15 years ago, I used to see the dog vans going through villages in Isan. No-one I knew ate dog but they didn't mind exchanging them for plastic products, the big washing bowls and food containers etc. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

On 4/12/2020 at 8:43 AM, Yinn said:

Better to ask Thai people question about thailand.

Many low knowledge people just imagine the answer. Stupid.

99% Thai people think eat dog is terrible, like a rabbit etc. is a pet, not food.

SOME people in Sakon Nakorn province, Issan, eat dog. Everyone in thailand know about that. Is on the news. 

Sakon Nakorn province have many Vietnam blood people, since long time. It come from that.

MOST people in Sakon Nakorn do NOT eat dog. 

SO 10% people in 1/77 province. 

Not much

Once again there is stuff you do not understand outside of Thailand.

Many countries eat Rabbit, some even eat horse.....But you think Thai folk only eat food that is in your opinion OK....

People eat fish, but many people have fish as pets in tanks....Do you eat fish...?  

• 3 months later...
On 4/12/2020 at 6:50 PM, KhaoNiaw said:

I've eaten the field rats

Same here.  My wife once bought fresh field rats from the early morning fresh market and was minced that day.  Evening meal was a nice Thai field rat curry and it wasn't too dissimilar to minced pork, really.  

• Sad 1