When can we return to Thailand?

parafareno

Thailand will likely open its borders up some time in the second half of this year so I guess in theory that is when you can get back to Thailand. But I'd expect there will be entry requirements such as a certificate saying you are Covid-19 free / have contracted it already (and cannot get it again) / have been vaccinated for Covid-19 etc.

Other things to consider are when commercial flights will resume. And what will the requirements be when returning to your home country (compulsory quarantine etc.).

It's going to be rather complicated and not nearly as easy as it was pre-Covid-19.

• Like 1

Don't worry about it.  After 18 months you will have forgotten about her or she you.  One consolation is that there will be no farangs coming there for her to hook up with so she will still be waiting. Of course you will have to send her money as she will probably have no job. 

I do not believe in sending money to Thais that I meet while visiting there. Send it once and they never stop asking. However, at the moment, I make an exception for one bar boy. He left working in the bar way before the chinese virus to go back to Isaan to get a proper job. He got the job but now cannot start work yet. I'm aware of the fact that they all tell lies but somehow I believe him. He lives with his mother who is out of work due to factory closure and there are no other family members. Only him and his mother. Father gone years ago. Point is that I send him a little money now and again to help with basic living. Nothing wrong with that

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3