Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

I never filed for US taxes before since I'm a young guy who just finished college.

But I still got my $1200 nonetheless because you can still fill out your info on a site called freefillableforms and get paid. I know it's a really cheesy-sounding name that makes it sound like a scam site, but it's because the IRS uses all these private tax preparation companies.

I'm married to a Thai and have an adopted daughter. None of them have any US documents (and they're not interested either). I didn't qualify for more because none of them have US Social Security numbers.

So I was treated as a single guy with no family.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

QUESTION:  OK, let's say we don't get a check.   We go back to America in x-amount of years.  Can we still get the money then?

or will this check expire?  i have a feeling it will expire in due time..

The last chance to get the money is by filling a 2020 tax return in early 2021.  All the current stimulus payment is an "advance" credit against your 2020 tax return.  

• Thanks 1

Like SilverBlue, the GetMyPayment portal finally worked for me today.  The IRS stated that they sent a check out May 1st.  I am not sure to where.  I think this was activated by a tax return and not my social security.  Maybe I will get it this month.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ventenio said:

QUESTION:  OK, let's say we don't get a check.   We go back to America in x-amount of years.  Can we still get the money then?

or will this check expire?  i have a feeling it will expire in due time..

If you do your taxes online, you can claim it on your 2020 return in 2021.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, koratkarlos said:

Like SilverBlue, the GetMyPayment portal finally worked for me today.  The IRS stated that they sent a check out May 1st.  I am not sure to where.  I think this was activated by a tax return and not my social security.  Maybe I will get it this month.

If you used your Thai address, keep up posted if it arrives in Thailand.  Anyway, good to know atleast.

Well, the portal finally accepted my Thai address.

I entered only the following as a sample all in caps  16/38 MOO 4

They said a CHECK was scheduled to be mailed to me on May 1st.

I sure as hell hope it does not take forever or get lost. I also hope they sent my full amount. I don't know why they didn't give the amount as I read that a lot of people had the amount given in their status.

I will let you know when I receive the check.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

Exactly the same for me just now. Good luck and hope we get it soon.

By the way, did the portal give you the amount of your check? Mine did not.

SUCCESS!!

the irs has accepted my banking information.

submitted online tax return:  february 17

tax return included form 2555, filed with address in china including 6-digit zipcode.  fbar submitted first week of january.

up until a few days ago, the "get my payment" app would not accept my address, and the "get my refund" app showed a status of not yet processed.

so.....2-1/2+ months to process.

oh, my...."get my refund" has not been updated.  probably next week.

10 hours ago, parallaxtech said:

Anyone who receives their SS payment through BB NY, please advise if you received your stimulus check.  I haven't.

Also waiting. Note it the IRS (not SS) that sends the stimulus dollars. They will use the bank deposit info from SS.  But apparently the IRS normally uses the US domestic transfer format for their normal tax refund DD . Somebody said this 20 or 30 pages back on this thread. I do not know if it is true. If you remember that whole formatting issue we went through a year or so ago. That format is no longer accepted for transfers through BB. Could be a showstopper for direct deposit which would be returned to IRS then requiring a physical mailed check. Again I do not know the details of all this. If anyone has a more informed take on this I would sure like to hear it.

Yes,,received it May 6,direct deposit. I have filed this years taxes (married filing jointly ) while applying for a ITIN number for my wife ! I don't know the status of the ITIN # .I'm presuming the feds went on last tax years filing! I used my states address for the stimulas and used my Thai address for the ITIN application together with the tax form.

$1200

I gave  300 each to my  adult kids in the states, maybe they can buy something online with it. 

Note through the web site process,I had to walk the IRS through it ,example the Get my Payment site originally said status pending  for a while. then a week later it asked for my bank info,then a few days later it confirmed it ,then a few days later it said they will give me a date, Finally May 2 they said I would get it May 6

Edited by riclag
19 minutes ago, lexilis said:

Also waiting. Note it the IRS (not SS) that sends the stimulus dollars. They will use the bank deposit info from SS.  But apparently the IRS normally uses the US domestic transfer format for their normal tax refund DD . Somebody said this 20 or 30 pages back on this thread. I do not know if it is true. If you remember that whole formatting issue we went through a year or so ago. That format is no longer accepted for transfers through BB. Could be a showstopper for direct deposit which would be returned to IRS then requiring a physical mailed check. Again I do not know the details of all this. If anyone has a more informed take on this I would sure like to hear it.

Somebody has to be paid the $1200 to know anything about it. So far apparently nobody has been paid unless they filed a tax return. 

I would assume that the direct deposit info from the SSA would include the IAT info in it.

Another issue is for those that started using IDD (international direct deposit) last year. How will they be paid?

11 hours ago, racyrick said:

Well, the portal finally accepted my Thai address.

I entered only the following as a sample all in caps  16/38 MOO 4

They said a CHECK was scheduled to be mailed to me on May 1st.

I sure as hell hope it does not take forever or get lost. I also hope they sent my full amount. I don't know why they didn't give the amount as I read that a lot of people had the amount given in their status.

I will let you know when I receive the check.

The mail coming into Thailand if not by courier(DHL,UPS,Fedex) will be coming via surface (boat) this is my understanding. Expect a long while for it to come imop I think the feds will use USPS,seeing that passenger flights into Thailand are restricted 

Edited by riclag
10 minutes ago, riclag said:

The mail coming into Thailand if not by courier(DHL,UPS,Fedex) will be coming via surface (boat) this is my understanding. Expect a long while for it to come imop I think the feds will use USPS,seeing that passenger flights into Thailand are restricted 

Mail from the US is still coming by air. The USPS uses cargo flights.

Outgoing mail is only being done as surface mail since Thai  Airways is not flying.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Mail from the US is still coming by air. The USPS uses cargo flights.

Outgoing mail is only being done as surface mail since Thai  Airways is not flying.

Thanks ????

21 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

That is only for non filers who are not getting SSA and RR and etc. From that unofficial site.

"Payments will automatically be sent to individuals receiving government benefits through Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Railroad Retirement or Veterans Affairs."

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I assume most if not all of us have already gone to non filers and submitted our information by now.

Only if you are not receiving SSA payments and etc or need to add a wife or child to get the additional money.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

That is only for non filers who are not getting SSA and RR and etc. From that unofficial site.

"Payments will automatically be sent to individuals receiving government benefits through Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Railroad Retirement or Veterans Affairs."

That's what I've been going on all along. I went to non filers to make sure I received my bonus for my daughter, or I could have just waited to see the normal $1200 come by means of my SS retirement. Guess we are getting it last.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thats the problem. The IRS has not set up a secured sit that we can access. All we can do is set back and wait. as there is no way to contact the IRS at this time.

Edited by khwaibah