Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

15 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Thats the problem. The IRS has not set up a secured sit that we can access. All we can do is set back and wait. as there is no way to contact the IRS at this time.

You can go on this site to check your payment status. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Nothing on it yet for those getting SSA payments. Checked again this morning.

There is this one if you need to enter payment info.https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

But it has this at the bottom that page.

"Reminder for SSA, VA, SSI and RRB Benefit Recipients with Dependents

The IRS has already scheduled payments to taxpayers based on Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI),  or survivor benefits, Railroad Retirement benefits. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs (C&P) benefit payments will be scheduled shortly for payment in mid-May. However, the window has closed to use this tool for these recipients who have a child and don’t normally file a tax return. These recipients who do not receive a payment that includes up to $500 for any qualifying children can file a tax return next year to determine their payment based on 2020 and claim any additional amount they weren’t paid this year."

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can go on this site to check your payment status. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Nothing on it yet for those getting SSA payments. Checked again this morning.

There is this one if you need to enter payment info.https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

But it has this at the bottom that page.

It does not work for me and others. As Said it is NFG and under the circumstance there is noway to contact the IRS

31 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

It does not work for me and others. As Said it is NFG and under the circumstance there is noway to contact the IRS

The get my payment site works for me. It searches for my payment info and tells me that the info has not been entered in the system yet.

Some have had problems due to their address being to long. I am just using my house/village number and Soi number for mine.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The get my payment site works for me. It searches for my payment info and tells me that the info has not been entered in the system yet.

Some have had problems due to their address being to long. I am just using my house/village number and Soi number for mine.

So am I and its NFG.

Im in the US now and had my SSA direct deposit changed to my bank account here.  They still deposited my April payment to my BB account although I sent Manila the new information the middle of March but managed to deposit the May payment here.  Since I now have a US address iI aoso set up and account access in My Social Security.  I did not file tax returns for either 2018 or 2019 and have not received the Stimulus payment yet.  I suspect that IRS is way behind  as the deadline for those like me who have under 18 dependents and want the extra $500 per dependent, to let the IRS know was just 5 May so they most likely did not even start processing the payments until after that.

6 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

I owed the IRS on my tax filing—and opted to delay automatic payment until July.  Therefore, I don’t expect any stimulus check until after that happens.

I am in exactly that situation.

I owe the IRS, delayed the automatic payment (I can't see any reason to pay the IRS a dime until I have to) until the July deadline, but still got the stimulus payment for me and Mrs G last week

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Somebody has to be paid the $1200 to know anything about it. So far apparently nobody has been paid unless they filed a tax return. 

I would assume that the direct deposit info from the SSA would include the IAT info in it.

Another issue is for those that started using IDD (international direct deposit) last year. How will they be paid?

I use IDD for SS to Kasikorn Bank but also filed a tax return. TurboTax had my refund info to my US bank Wells Fargo even though I didn't get a rebate. I received my Trump stimulus April 15th. I'm happy I used Turbo Tax.

I must file because I do 401K withdrawals. 

According to below 8 May 2020 IRS Press Release approx 130 million of the over 150 million stimulus payments have been paid out.  See weblink below for full details...I also included a partial snapshot fro the article.   

That works out to almost 87% of the stimulus payment have been sent out via direct deposit or mail.  And detailed stats within the press release show almost 596,000 U.S. people with foreign addresses have received almost $1 billion in stimulus payments.  

Both the wife and I draw social security and we received our $2,400 stimulus payment on 15 Apr via direct deposit to our US bank. However, due to income level we file a joint federal return each year with our U.S. mailing address vs our Thailand address.  Expect our stimulus payment arrived early on since we had a 2019 federal return on file.   Having a 2019 or 2018 federal return on file definitely put a person in the front of the line for stimulus payment purposes based on everything I've read.

On the AARP website I see quite a few people on SS retirement, SSDI, or SSI who do "not" file tax returns have received their stimulus payments and quite a few have not.  Those who haven't are of course scratching their heads as to why not...and when checking the Get My Payment site they get a Payment Status Not Available type response.  Maybe there is a valid reason they haven't got the payment like being ineligible due to various possible reasons or the IRS simply has't not got around to making their payment yet....so, so many possible reasons.

Anyway, the IRS says they have already paid out 87% of the projected stimulus payments.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-irs-release-latest-state-by-state-economic-impact-payment-figures

Capture.JPG.8c8beb8f0f90e6493334842834e9b7fa.JPG

US Folks With Foreign Addresses Who Have Received A Stimulus Payment

image.png.cea478a917fcd3d21f0b6f5d10d55d81.png

image.png.c0c24a1774f96d1fde2f0c404505cf66.png

There are very few reasons why someone wouldn't be eligible,and the IRS stated these on their site. I know I'm eligible, and so do many others that live here, so I guess they still haven't gotten around to us. If you aren't eligible, they should at least tell you and why,so you can dispute if need be. All that receive SS retirement should at least receive the $1200. I haven't filed since 2017 so I went to non filers. I have a child so I went to the IRS site and gave them her and my bank information. I'm wondering if that slowed down my receiving anything.

Edited by fredwiggy

Oh boy.

I finally got the tool to work. 

Too late.

I wanted to get in to give my direct deposit info but they have already mailed the check to Thailand (May 1). 

Assuming it ever arrives, what's the situation with depositing a U.S. check in a Thai bank?

I'm assuming high fees but it is possible, right? 

Of course there will be fees and it'll probably be weeks before you receive credit.

Far far better if you have a U.S. bank account is to use the bank's app to deposit the check online. Most if not all U.S. banking apps seem to permit this.

Years ago I deposited a $125,000 check from the us into SCB and it all went okay, but it took 45 days to cler.  I don't remember the cost but it wasn't a lot.

• Like 1

SUCCESS?  OR NOT?

last night was finally able to input my banking information for direct deposit.

494847869_IRS2.jpg.039b10ccfd846a9b0fb83c693f6c546f.jpg

tonight i checked status, and a check will be mailed?  is this just a placeholder until fully updated?

1778016295_IRS3.jpg.f934e24e992bb770cc58bef3c41cf606.jpg

get my refund is "still processing return"

5 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

SUCCESS?  OR NOT?

last night was finally able to input my banking information for direct deposit.

494847869_IRS2.jpg.039b10ccfd846a9b0fb83c693f6c546f.jpg

tonight i checked status, and a check will be mailed?  is this just a placeholder until fully updated?

1778016295_IRS3.jpg.f934e24e992bb770cc58bef3c41cf606.jpg

get my refund is "still processing return"

That was the message I got, before the direct deposit to my bank happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

That was the message I got, before the direct deposit to my bank happened. 

thanks, that's what i was hoping.  maybe it's just the initial update.

how long after you got that message did you receive the deposit?

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Oh boy.

I finally got the tool to work. 

Too late.

I wanted to get in to give my direct deposit info but they have already mailed the check to Thailand (May 1). 

Assuming it ever arrives, what's the situation with depositing a U.S. check in a Thai bank?

I'm assuming high fees but it is possible, right? 

If you cash it at a Bangkok Bank branch it should be $15 plus a Bt3 stamp duty for payment after the check clears.  Or, if the check qualifies, Bt400 plus Bt3 stamp duty before the check clears.   See 1st weblink/snapshot below. 

At Krungsri Bank it appears there is a $10 collection fee plus $25 handling fee plus the 3Bt Stamp duty charges.    See 2nd weblink/snapshot below.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/-/media/7AE8A01CC2FA48A2B7B823D4EF4CE13A.ashx

image.png.9c06eb5bd3f1c772850bb2058f54649f.png

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/4fcb7957-fc13-43fb-8196-d47f039706a3/international-payment-system-18022019.aspx

image.png.db04d8a2d3f8217215ce672b68db3e08.png

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

If you cash it at a Bangkok Bank branch it should be $15 plus a Bt3 stamp duty for payment after the check clears.  Or, if the check qualifies, Bt400 plus Bt3 stamp duty before the check clears.   See 1st weblink/snapshot below. 

At Krungsri Bank it appears there is a $10 collection fee plus $25 handling fee plus the 3Bt Stamp duty charges.    See 2nd weblink/snapshot below.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/-/media/7AE8A01CC2FA48A2B7B823D4EF4CE13A.ashx

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/4fcb7957-fc13-43fb-8196-d47f039706a3/international-payment-system-18022019.aspx

In 2010 Bangkok Bank did not charge and instant accredit of a IRS  check to my account.

And Thai banks use to charge Bt30 plus Bt3 to cash a traveler's cheque, but now it's Bt150 plus Bt3 stamp duty.

Bangkok Bank also use to immediately credit US Treasury checks up to $500 without a fee....but that was years ago...don't know if they still do...that's back then when checks were still commonly being used.  Times have changed.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:59 PM, parallaxtech said:

Anyone who receives their SS payment through BB NY, please advise if you received your stimulus check.  I haven't.

I'm in the same boat as you.  Live here in Thailand and did not file tax return and receive SS through BB NY and then receive it in my local BB account here in Thailand.  I have not received any Stimulus payment.  I will check next week.  

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, spider1197 said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  Live here in Thailand and did not file tax return and receive SS through BB NY and then receive it in my local BB account here in Thailand.  I have not received any Stimulus payment.  I will check next week.  

Spider:  I pay US taxes every year via TurboTax and IRS EFT, have a UPS address, and several US bank accounts.  They haven't sent a check to the FL UPS address, bank accounts, or through IRS EFT.  I will just forget about it and hopefully one day it will appear.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, parallaxtech said:

Spider:  I pay US taxes every year via TurboTax and IRS EFT, have a UPS address, and several US bank accounts.  They haven't sent a check to the FL UPS address, bank accounts, or through IRS EFT.  I will just forget about it and hopefully one day it will appear.

I you checked for its status here. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

1 hour ago, spider1197 said:

i haven't either, idd to bbk , maybe the format wrong. tried to change to my tex. bank account and add my daughter, could not , form  froze  at final input. very concerned!!

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Was looking at the Bank of Thailand webpage describing varies fees that Thai banks voluntarily report to BOT for info only.   Below are some partial quotes for some Thai banks reporting foreign check cashing fees to BOT.  Seems an approx Bt400/$15 plus Bt3 stamp duty is common although Standard Chartered Bank seems to charge $35 plus Bt3 stamp duty....and Krungsri Bank seems to want around $25-$35 shown above.  

Partial quotes from BOT webpage.

https://www.bot.or.th/app/feerate/internal.aspx?PageNo=23

Bangkok Bank  

foreign financial instrument (Foreign banks are the payers)
- In the case that the bank pays the money before collecting it from the foreign bank (Advance Payment) is charged 400 baht per copy, plus 3 baht per copy of stamp duty

- In case the bank collects from the foreign bank before payment (Collection First) will be charged USD 15 per issue, plus 3 baht per duty stamp, plus the fee that the foreign bank charges (if any)

Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)

Traveler's Check: 150 baht / copy (not including
duty stamp 3 baht)
draft : 200 baht / copy (not including duty stamp 3 baht) Foreign bills: Bill Receivable 400 baht / bill collection 15 USD (excluding Duty Stamp 3 baht and the fees that foreign banks charge at the destination)

Standard Chartered Bank

1. Check deposit / collection Foreign currency Into a foreign currency account
- the amount charged up to USD 50,000 or equivalent = USD 35 plus Com. In Lieu 0.125% of the amount plus 3 baht stamp duty

19 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

There are very few reasons why someone wouldn't be eligible,and the IRS stated these on their site. I know I'm eligible, and so do many others that live here, so I guess they still haven't gotten around to us. If you aren't eligible, they should at least tell you and why,so you can dispute if need be. All that receive SS retirement should at least receive the $1200. I haven't filed since 2017 so I went to non filers. I have a child so I went to the IRS site and gave them her and my bank information. I'm wondering if that slowed down my receiving anything.

The kill switch for many of us seems to be having ITIN on tax return.  Even if we have SSN if a joint return and spouse has ITIN no payment is made to anyone from my understanding, and experience.  

19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The kill switch for many of us seems to be having ITIN on tax return.  Even if we have SSN if a joint return and spouse has ITIN no payment is made to anyone from my understanding, and experience.  

That's what you get for trying to do the right thing. How dare you get an ITIN for your wife?

I also am in the same boat as you. Seems as though because I got an ITIN for my wife, I am not eligible.

How this makes any sense is a mystery to me. 

I pay my taxes every year. Uncle Sam has no problem taking my money even If my wife has an ITIN. Go figure.  BTW, mods... where re my emogis?

Edited by albertik
7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That's why some aren't being paid I'm sure. I'm married,but have never filed jointly with my wife. She doesn't have a SS number or ITIN. I filed, on the IRS site for non filers, single, with my daughter and I's social security numbers and my Thai address, along with my bank account info. I emailed my previous tax preparers back in Texas and she told me the same, that some others who have filed at the same time have been paid while some haven't yet. She stated that filers would be paid first, then SS recipients.