Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

Every time a lot of us check, we still get the same message. It's accepting my SS#, birth date, street address and postal code but still the same result.

Payment Status Not Available

We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

• We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
  • You're not eligible for a payment..................................Why did they put this up if they are going to mail you a check
29 minutes ago, rabas said:

Can you show how you typed your address by using x's for letters and numbers.  Use an underscore for each space.

"ThaiVIsa Forum, Bangkok, Thailand" Would be

xxxxxxxx_xxxxx,_xxxxxxx,_xxxxxxxx

That might help others figure how to get their addresses to fit.

I didn't have any numbers in my address on my tax return except for my soi number which they left out, so this might not help.  

They took the first 31 characters leaving a space where I put a comma and put it in all caps.

XXX_XXXXX_XXXXX_XXXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXXX

Edited by ricklev
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ricklev said:

I didn't have any numbers in my address on my tax return except for my soi number which they left out, so this might not help.  

They took the first 31 characters leaving a space where I put a comma and put it in all caps.

THE_XXXXX_CONDO_RAJADAMRI_MAHADLEKL

Above is in sync with an early post by someone saying the IRS system only accommodates up to 35 characters (positions) for the street address with a space counting as a character.   With your example above of 31 actual characters plus 4 spaces that adds up to 35 characters.  And just before posting this I googled "1040 street address maximum" and came up with info like below.   And from my experience in updating my address on government/banking databases they usually don't take "commas."

image.png.2c6ede3f94450b844b22392e5da09b8f.png

And I'll add from a Get My Payment test I just did, say a person's street address includes an apartment number at the end "1055H South Elm Dr Apt 123" if entering that street address in Get My Payment with or without the "Apt" abbreviation Get My Payment still allowed entry. 

So, apparently Get My Payment does not require a "perfect" match for street address...gives some leeway when dealing the Apartment (Apt), Drive (Dr), Road (Rd) and probably other possible variations/abbreviations in a street address.

The address space on the get my payment site shows this if you click on the question mark where is X is in this screenshot.

image.png.d0b431aa68cd2e42f9db8cc64e4031c9.png

I have been using this for example 456/156 Soi 12/5 and it works.

No new info today. Same as all of them.

6 minutes ago, Shouldhaveknownbetter said:

Does anyone know if there is a phone number to call to complain if one does not receive the funds ?

I was posted on the previous page. It is 267-941-1000 and is open 6am to 11pm Monday to Friday.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I was posted on the previous page. It is 267-941-1000 and is open 6am to 11pm Monday to Friday.

When I called it, the message said if you are calling about the stimulus check, go to the website, then it gave other options that were not relevant.

8 minutes ago, parallaxtech said:

When I called it, the message said if you are calling about the stimulus check, go to the website, then it gave other options that were not relevant.

Maybe they have started getting too many calls regarding "where is my stimulus check."   Or you just need to try to get a rep online by pressing some selection or maybe saying Representative to see if you can get someone to talk stimulus payment.  On a lot of help type lines when the offerings don't seem to fit your issue, just saying "Representative" will sometimes connect you to a general representative to talk your problem. Below is the IRS webpage talking the 267-941-1000 phone number.

https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-internationally

image.png.cad0b3aef7a06024d7cb8a9c11fb7455.png

Edited by Pib
2 hours ago, Pib said:

And I'll add from a Get My Payment test I just did, say a person's street address includes an apartment number at the end "1055H South Elm Dr Apt 123" if entering that street address in Get My Payment with or without the "Apt" abbreviation Get My Payment still allowed entry. 

So, apparently Get My Payment does not require a "perfect" match for street address...gives some leeway when dealing the Apartment (Apt), Drive (Dr), Road (Rd) and probably other possible variations/abbreviations in a street address.

Out of curiosity I just did another test by only entering the first half of my street address and the Get My Payment still showed me my payment info.....like if my address was as posted above by only entering "1055H South."  Now I was paid back on 15 Apr by direct deposit to my US bank so maybe that makes a difference in how picky the IRS is in validating a Get My Payment query.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, andy said:

Hmm I have been filing MFS since I got married.  Does this mean I can get my (alien) wife an ITIN, file jointly, and get $2400 for all future rounds of stimulus?  Guess I will continue to hold off filing for 2019 until this plays out.

No. But it means they're addressing the current penalty that a US person gets zip refund if he files a joint return with an alien spouse who has an ITIN. Thus, the fix will allow filing MFJ with an alien spouse *and* allowing a stimulus check to be cut for the spouse with the SSN -- but not for the one with an ITIN. (Their wording re not requiring a SS number is confusing, but probably pertains to dependent children.)

Out of curiosity -- why would you not want to get the wife an ITIN and file jointly (and get an additional $12,200 deduction)? Was this decision based on the previous round of stimulus checks being denied MFJ with an alien spouse?

Married, thai wife,  did not file tax for several years, receive SS payments via Bangkok Bank auto deposit, I have no US address. I went to Bangkok Bank today, May 15 at 12:00 noon, there was no stimulus deposit in the account. I presume no one else has received payments via local Bangkok Bank deposits as of yet.

Just now, rabas said:

Married, thai wife,  did not file tax for several years, receive SS payments via Bangkok Bank auto deposit, I have no US address. I went to Bangkok Bank today, May 15 at 12:00 noon, there was no stimulus deposit in the account. I presume no one else has received payments via local Bangkok Bank deposits as of yet.

Same boat as you, still nothing

• Thanks 1

News reports in the US imply that most all SS recipients should have received their payment by now.

Example:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stimulus-checks-social-security-recipients-beginning-friday/

Note the title is misleading. What the article actually says is that SSI (supplemental income) recipients should start getting payments today. SSI is different than SS and the IRS has previously announced that they would process SSI payments AFTER they processed normal SS.

I now think it is likely that for SS recipients who are non-tax filers that IRS has mailed a physical check to the address on the 1099 form. If that's the case we wont see it for a couple of weeks more I suppose.

I don't think the latest House proposal to allow folks with ITINs to get a stimulus payment will fly.  While laying in bed last night and this morning watching TV and scanning thru the various news shows, FoxNews is already talking "negatively" about how the Democratic plan would provide stimulus payments to illegal/undocumented immigrants--Fox was really talking people with ITINs but not saying ITINs on the TV...instead just saying illegal or undocumented immigrants.   

Now below FoxNews article does a better/fairer job of talking the proposal but it's still written with a negative slant....still using the "undocumented immigrant" wording to the average American making it sound very negative.  But try to explain to Billy Bob or Bubba in MAGA country what kind of people would have ITINs and how those people or their US citizen spouses submit documentation to the IRS to get the ITINs all Billy Bob and Bubba hear is illegal, undocumented immigrants...you know, those people climbing over Donald's extremely short wall.  And FoxNews, especially their opinion hosts, will continue with that line of talk.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-3t-coronavirus-relief-bill-extends-stimulus-checks-certain-undocumented-immigrants

Under the first round of checks, eligible individuals got a one-time payment of up to $1,200, or $2,400 per couple, plus $500 for each child up to age 16.

Those terms frustrated many progressives, led by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., by excluding many college-aged kids from ages 17 to 24, as well as undocumented immigrants who paid taxes.

The new round of legislation that's set for a vote in the House on Friday aims to change the "shortcomings" of the initial round of payments, House Democrats say.

College students, non-child dependents and immigrants who pay taxes would also be eligible to receive the $1,200 payment. In addition, families could receive retroactive $500 dependent payments they missed out on last time, according to a House aide.

Undocumented immigrants without a social security number can still file taxes with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). These ITIN filers could receive the full $1,200 under the Democrats' new plan.

ITIN filers are commonly undocumented immigrants. Legal immigrants working in the United States typically need to get Social Security numbers to get paid, just like American citizens.

The IRS created the ITIN, a tax processing number, in 1996 as a way for individuals not eligible to receive benefits like Social Security to pay federal taxes on the wages they earn.

2 minutes ago, lexilis said:

News reports in the US imply that most all SS recipients should have received their payment by now.

Example:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stimulus-checks-social-security-recipients-beginning-friday/

Note the title is misleading. What the article actually says is that SSI (supplemental income) recipients should start getting payments today. SSI is different than SS and the IRS has previously announced that they would process SSI payments AFTER they processed normal SS.

I now think it is likely that for SS recipients who are non-tax filers that IRS has mailed a physical check to the address on the 1099 form. If that's the case we wont see it for a couple of weeks more I suppose.

The question is why they set up the non filers site, asking for both your Direct Deposit information and also for any dependent children, and then they'll send checks,knowing the chance for getting lost or delayed is good?

46 minutes ago, rabas said:

I received mine here at BKK bank a few weeks ago.

Just now, morning glory said:

I received mine a few weeks ago, directly to my BKK bank account here.

When did you last file income taxes,(year)? Do you have dependent children here? Did you use non filers site?

Edited by fredwiggy
6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

When did you last file income taxes,(year)? Do you have dependent children here? Did you use non filers site?

I’ve filed every year up until three years ago because now my income is less than the taxable amount, so no filing the past three years. Single, no dependents, and I get my SS directly deposited at BKK Bank here. Actually, by mistake I used the non-filers site because I didn’t notice that it said you don’t have to use that site if you receive SS. My application was approved! Then I was worried about getting a double payment. I keep checking my US account to see if I’ve received another payment, but nothing yet. ????

• Like 1
Just now, morning glory said:

I’ve filed every year up until three years ago because now my income is less than the taxable amount, so no filing the past three years. Single, no dependents, and I get my SS directly deposited at BKK Bank here. Actually, by mistake I used the non-filers site because I didn’t notice that it said you don’t have to use that site if you receive SS. My application was approved! Then I was worried about getting a double payment. I keep checking my US account to see if I’ve received another payment, but nothing yet. ????

Same as me as far as not filing for three years, although I have a Thai wife and daughter here. I filed single with a dependent on same site, like a lot here have, and we haven't gotten a stimulus yet.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Same as me as far as not filing for three years, although I have a Thai wife and daughter here. I filed single with a dependent on same site, like a lot here have, and we haven't gotten a stimulus yet.

I hope everyone will get their checks soon. 

1 hour ago, morning glory said:

I received mine here at BKK bank a few weeks ago.

Does the "Get My Payment" website show you getting the payment? 

If it does not....like maybe says they are still working on it/or you are possibly ineligible" then that means the site might not reflect a payment being made by direct deposit/mail when in fact one has indeed been made. 

Or said another way, the "Get My Payment" site is just giving bad payment info for some folks....I mean those folks who can get past the first screen that asks for SSN/DOB/Street Address/ZIP.   

And the usual for me, a SS direct deposit receiver living here, like many others here............................

Payment Status Not Available

We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

• We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
  • You're not eligible for a payment.

For more information about why you're receiving this message, see our Frequently Asked Questions.

You can check the application again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there's no need to check back more often.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, morning glory said:

I received mine a few weeks ago, directly to my BKK bank account here.

Was that via the New York branch to a direct deposit account?

16 hours ago, morning glory said:

Actually, by mistake I used the non-filers site because I didn’t notice that it said you don’t have to use that site if you receive SS.

That apparently is the reason you got yours earlier than the rest of us.

48 minutes ago, andy said:

The legislation also seeks to make more people eligible for financial help. That would include non-U.S. citizens and dependents ages 17 and above."

You're not going to get that past the Republican Senate. Sending a stimulus check to a non resident alien, who's never set foot in the US, has never paid a dime of US taxes, but who has an ITIN solely so her husband can file jointly -- no, that'll never fly -- and with good reason. But, correcting the situation that penalizes a US person for filing jointly with a person with an ITIN certainly makes sense from a fairness position. But, will that be retroactive for the current stimulus (CARES) program? Hmmm. Stay tuned.

• Like 1