BANGKOK
fredwiggy

Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

Got it also! I am going to officially close this tab now. Its a pity about the exchange rate closing in on 30 again though.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lexilis said:

Got it also! I am going to officially close this tab now. Its a pity about the exchange rate closing in on 30 again though.

Please do not close this thread; it's a good resource for other people who are starting to research their EIP status. For people like me who have not received the EIP, it can be a place to post further developments as we actively search the web for news.

cheers, ~o:37;

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Mine was just credited to my Bangkok Bank account. Copy of SMS from them ($1195 is after $5 fee was taken out of the $1200).

"IRS  TREAS 310 has transferred THB36,606.00 (USD1,[email protected] - THB200.00) from abroad into" 

A friend got his credited to his US bank account last night.

Happy Stimulus Day!  Thank you all for the inspiration to attempt the non-filers option.  Happy to finally leave this thread in peace...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2020 at 10:41 AM, Pib said:

Ditto (i.e., scheduled 1 July DD payment to Bangkok Bank) for the couple I hand-walked thru using the Non-Filers tool on 10 June...see post #1144 on 10 June.  When using the "Get My Payment" site it shows both have a scheduled direct deposit to Bangkok Bank for 1 July, but I expect it's just one incoming payment for $2,400 like how the wife and I got our $2,400 payment to our US bank back in mid April.  

As mentioned in the 10 June post the Bangkok Bank acct is in the wife's name only for receipt of monthly SS benefits via ACH. The husband does not have a Bangkok Bank acct with his name on it.  I told them they will either get lucky and Bangkok Bank will not reject payment since it at least has the wife's name on it also....or it will get rejected...and then the IRS will mail a check. 

The couple I helped with their Non-Filers submission did receive their joint stimulus payment on 1 July....$2,400 minus the Bkk Bk NY branch $10 fee (since the transfer was over $2K) and the local Bkk Bk Bt200 fee.  They showed me the Bkk Bk SMS they got.  Happy they are.   

And I noticed the SMS had "IRS 310" in the payment description which means it was "not" in ACH "IAT" format.  And that falls inline with what another ThaiVisa poster PMed me a few weeks ago that his mid June phone call with a Bangkok Bank NY branch rep confirmed the NY branch was still letting "government" payments not in IAT format (i.e., domestic format) pass through. However, a non-govt payment like a personal ACH transfer from your US bank not in IAT format will be rejected. 

I expect the US Treasury is allowing Bangkok Bank to continue to receive "U.S. govt payments" not in ACH "IAT" format (a.k.a., domestic format) since the sender (US govt) is a trusted source and the transfer is for a known specific reason to a validated person....AND because some U.S. govt agencies are still in the processing of being able to send in IAT format also....they only send in domestic format.  Agencies like the SSA can send in ACH IAT or ACH domestic format (and also IDD SWIFT format) depending on whether you have a foreign or U.S. address onfile with them.  But the IRS apparently only sends in domestic ACH format.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 1:07 PM, orang37 said:

Wish my broken crystal ball would give me a vision of EIP payment, and/or regular monthly SS, received before July 4 ... so I could schedule a medical procedure, but given July 3/4 are US holidays ,,, sigh,

You should have got your monthly SSA payment on 2 July whether going to a US bank or Bangkok Bank as 3 July is the observed 4 July holiday in the US....due to 3 July being the observed holiday the SSA payment will be sent/coded to deposit on 2 July vs the normal 3rd day of the month for those folks with foreign addresses onfile with the SSA.  

For me, my US bank showed the SSA monthly deposit on 1 July (my bank credits such payments 1 day early)...my wife got her monthly SSA deposit via IDD to Bangkok Bank this morning/2 July.....and a neighbor you gets her SSA monthly deposit via ACH to Bangkok Bank also got her payment this morning/2 July.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

You should have got your monthly SSA payment on 2 July whether going to a US bank or Bangkok Bank as 3 July is the observed 4 July holiday in the US....due to 3 July being the observed holiday the SSA payment will be sent/coded to deposit on 2 July vs the normal 3rd day of the month for those folks with foreign addresses onfile with the SSA.  

He didn't do the filing until the 17th. He should have a notice on the get my payment site now about when it will be deposited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

He didn't do the filing until the 17th. He should have a notice on the get my payment site now about when it will be deposited.

Yes...I was only talking his monthly SSA payment; not his stimulus payment yet to come....but hopefully coming soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pib said:

Yes...I was only talking his monthly SSA payment; not his stimulus payment yet to come....but hopefully coming soon.

I misread it I guess. I got the SMS for mine a little bit ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pib said:

You should have got your monthly SSA payment on 2 July

Encouraging words, but, as of July 2nd, 5:51pm Thai time ... no have. I assumed it would not arrive in my Bkk bank account today, but, hypothesized that if it was actually sent on the 2nd. USA time, might show up here on the 3rd.

Thanks again, for all your helpful posts !

~o:37;

15 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Encouraging words, but, as of July 2nd, 5:51pm Thai time ... no have. I assumed it would not arrive in my Bkk bank account today, but, hypothesized that if it was actually sent on the 2nd. USA time, might show up here on the 3rd.

I have had one come in as late as about 7:30 pm (sms notice) and a few others that were too late to go to a small bank branch to move it.

21 minutes ago, orang37 said:

You should have got your monthly SSA payment on 2 July

Received mine in my Bangkok Bank account at 2:52pm! It is a problem with the lazy employees not putting it in your account after they receive it! I filed a complaint and now I now get it deposited every month at about 10:30am! One time I went to the bank and they called them and it was deposited in my account in less than 15 minutes! File a complaint, it worked for me! No more waiting til after 4pm sometimes as late as 7pm. I think these employees are playing with their cell phones and not doing their job when they are at work!

NONONONONONONO!!!!

got a call from the mailroom lady today!  the new phone books are here!

but all i got was a letter from the department of the treasury telling me i'm gonna get a payment.

i filed taxes as soon as i received my 1099's.

i tried for weeks to access the website to enter direct deposit info.

finally got in just before the closing date, dd info was accepted, and got confirmation the payment would go to my account.

a few days later, checked get my payment and found the message now read a check would be mailed on may 15th.    ....to my address in china?

oh carp!  can't deposit a check in china.........but i have three accounts at different banks/brokers where i can download an app for remote deposit.

opened the letter, dated may 15th today to find.............

trump1.JPG.448111ff4c56c1e296de5ddd9f1d0bb2.JPG

trump2.JPG.a154782de8a53bd0217b14dbdf0777cb.JPG

sheesh!  i just know they're gonna send a debit card.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

NONONONONONONO!!!!

got a call from the mailroom lady today!  the new phone books are here!

but all i got was a letter from the department of the treasury telling me i'm gonna get a payment.

i filed taxes as soon as i received my 1099's.

i tried for weeks to access the website to enter direct deposit info.

finally got in just before the closing date, dd info was accepted, and got confirmation the payment would go to my account.

a few days later, checked get my payment and found the message now read a check would be mailed on may 15th.    ....to my address in china?

oh carp!  can't deposit a check in china.........but i have three accounts at different banks/brokers where i can download an app for remote deposit.

opened the letter, dated may 15th today to find.............

trump1.JPG.448111ff4c56c1e296de5ddd9f1d0bb2.JPG

trump2.JPG.a154782de8a53bd0217b14dbdf0777cb.JPG

sheesh!  i just know they're gonna send a debit card.....

That's interesting. I got that same letter well AFTER I got the *stimulus* payment.

11 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

That's interesting. I got that same letter well AFTER I got the *stimulus* payment.

get my payment still says:

We scheduled your check to be mailed on May 15, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

refund status:  Your tax return is still being processed.

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

get my payment still says:

We scheduled your check to be mailed on May 15, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

refund status:  Your tax return is still being processed.

Your tax dollars at work. Funny you should mention "your tax return is still being processed". I saw that very message when I checked in on Turbo Tax 4-5 weeks after I did our taxes this year. I figured I better let the wifey know. She told me we had received our refund two weeks earlier! I suspect in the end, they have no clue where anyone's payments or returns are.