Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Thailand launches Mor Chana mobile app to enhance contact tracing efforts to help stop the spread of COVID-19

Recommended Posts

Isnt google already doing this?...

my phone seems to know my health and where ive been even with gps off from pinging towers to share my info. 

They shared info recently showing they can tell who is isolating, what biz is still operating, whos interacting with who and such... Seems the location button makes no difference anymore. We are being watched anyway. Solong as google watches thailand watching me i feel more safe😂

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Isnt google already doing this?...

my phone seems to know my health and where ive been even with gps off from pinging towers to share my info. 

They shared info recently showing they can tell who is isolating, what biz is still operating, whos interacting with who and such... Seems the location button makes no difference anymore. We are being watched anyway. Solong as google watches thailand watching me i feel more safe😂

Who is watching Google and who is watching the ones watching Google and ---

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a True SIM card. Within the last couple of weeks, the upper left went from identifying “True” to “SafeAtHome.” I didn’t download anything. I wonder if it’s just a label change or have they started tracking? Inquiring minds want to know...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yet more surveillance being slipped in under the cuddly guise of a mobile app for "security" reasons. People sit there using Google search on Chrome, Android, gmail, smart speakers in your front room they ask questions of and on and on ... go to Wiki and have a look at Google products, the list is endless. I stopped a while back using any of Google's products apart from Youtube (without signing in). I don't have a smart phone (although they can still ping it from a tower, I guess) just an old fashioned talk and text one and I use protonmail and duckduckgo for internet browsing in Firefox. Old saying, "If you can appease a man's conscience, then you can take away his freedom." That's what is slowly happening everywhere. It's very hard not to be online in some capacity but you can certainly lower your electronic/digital footprint.   

Edited by Brigand
Typos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another product looking for an application.

 

More small-scale developers looking for the main chance and hoping to get rich. A topical idea is always attractive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Isnt google already doing this?...

my phone seems to know my health and where ive been even with gps off from pinging towers to share my info. 

They shared info recently showing they can tell who is isolating, what biz is still operating, whos interacting with who and such... Seems the location button makes no difference anymore. We are being watched anyway. Solong as google watches thailand watching me i feel more safe😂

Try Brave, which has been really good for me.   I only use Google when I hadn't got a choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, inactiveposter said:

I have a True SIM card. Within the last couple of weeks, the upper left went from identifying “True” to “SafeAtHome.” I didn’t download anything. I wonder if it’s just a label change or have they started tracking? Inquiring minds want to know...

Just a label change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Another product looking for an application.

 

More small-scale developers looking for the main chance and hoping to get rich. A topical idea is always attractive.

https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/star/registry/electronic-government-agency-public-organization-ega/

 

https://cebitasean.com/downloads/Development-Plan-MDES.pdf

 

Edited by Curt1591

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brigand said:

Yet more surveillance being slipped in under the cuddly guise of a mobile app for "security" reasons. People sit there using Google search on Chrome, Android, gmail, smart speakers in your front room they ask questions of and on and on ... go to Wiki and have a look at Google products, the list is endless.

 

Yep, that'll be the pitch for government subsidies right enough. Love of money trumps love of integrity. TiT.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...