Thailand launches Mor Chana mobile app to enhance contact tracing efforts to help stop the spread of COVID-19

rooster59

On 4/12/2020 at 5:59 AM, smokinfun said:

Agreed, and if they are taking freedom - then compensation is in order.  Google and Facebook are advertising firms - follow the money; we are giving our information away for free.  Hopefully someday we'll learn that data is valuable and the consumer shouldn't be the product.  Until then; I'm with the Protonmail, DuckDuckGo and Firefox.  Can't eliminate Google but shouldn't make it easy to profit off me.

The way this thing looks like it's been implemented definitely looks more like a marketing tool than a contact tracing app.  Where do you go, which type of shops do you enter, how long do you stay there, etc.  Now please take this survey at the end on your shopping experience.  ????

On 4/12/2020 at 3:43 AM, audaciousnomad said:

Slippery slope to a bona fide surveillance state.

"Bona Fide"? Come on! Would be the really very first time for a hard handed military dictatorship, erm, "heavily supported" (and vice-versa) by two "components" which can not even be named(!) without landing into, let's say, problems..., and the big business and mega rich "(Thai-)CHINESE" clans and what's left of the old "amart", the odd 1 1/2% owning(!) over 60% of the country, pushing forward the garbage of a bad tide called nationalism, racism and xhenophobia, excreted by a sea of total corruption (active, passive or condoning) society, a "slippery slope" only, hmm?

I'm in favour of Law-and-Order, as long as the measures 1) are justified, and 2) make sense, what is not the case anymore here, IMO, far from it, and, today, I was proud that, for the first time ever, in so many years, my Thai wife "avoided", or made unusable the new controling attempts from "Big Brother" in green and brown.

But I must say that most people I've seen seemed to be so brainwashed they took the being marked as cattle via their sacro-saint smartphone as if it was just another funny activity... And what could I say about such a lack of human content that would not be "Thai bashing"?

15 minutes ago, bangrak said:

"Bona Fide"? Come on! Would be the really very first time for a hard handed military dictatorship, erm, "heavily supported" (and vice-versa) by two "components" which can not even be named(!) without landing into, let's say, problems..., and the big business and mega rich "(Thai-)CHINESE" clans and what's left of the old "amart", the odd 1 1/2% owning(!) over 60% of the country, pushing forward the garbage of a bad tide called nationalism, racism and xhenophobia, excreted by a sea of total corruption (active, passive or condoning) society, a "slippery slope" only, hmm?

.......and........breathe.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tlock said:

The way this thing looks like it's been implemented definitely looks more like a marketing tool than a contact tracing app.  Where do you go, which type of shops do you enter, how long do you stay there, etc.  Now please take this survey at the end on your shopping experience.  ????

In that "marketing tool", what will you think you'll be the potential buyer, or the product to be sold? Please, do not answer here, as one part of the alternative would make of you something the... controlers, on TV, would not allow me to name without punishment... 

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2020 at 3:45 AM, SmartyMarty said:

How exactly do you have more freedom than the rest of us?

He doesn't - just a guy still navigating with paper maps and making his life unnecessarily complicated!

• Like 1

My mobile phone is now officially a home phone.  Just went to 7/11 and saw all the sheople scanning their phones like there is nothing creepy about this.

Is sad that many think this is actually for their benefit.  You would think after a lifetime of every government action being beneficial only to the government and the corporations they serve people would be more skeptical.

I mark "a" name down

"According to the developers, the medical authorities will be able to quickly identify the other users the confirmed case has been in close contact with..."

Should we assume none of the people who have tested positive since the app was launched actually used the app? If one of them did, then shouldn't we be hearing about all the notifications that have been sent out?

47 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

shouldn't we be hearing about all the notifications that have been sent out?

Must be the same infallible, all compassing social network that announces each death in the sticks that the TVF gurus are connected to 24/7.

• Like 1