Alcohol sales banned in Chonburi

rooster59

Alcohol sales banned in Chonburi

imageproxy.jpeg.c50476a991a6db4b1cb9f486a1b1342e.jpeg

The provincial governor of Chonburi has ordered a ban on the sale of alcohol in a bid to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Late on Saturday (11 April), provincial governor Pakarathorn Thienchai , announced that the sale of alcohol would be banned throughout the province until 30th April.

The order applies to all retailers and wholesalers of all kinds of liquor and alcoholic beverages.

The order also applies to the transportation of alcoholic beverages and prohibits the drinking of alcoholic beverages outdoors and in public places.

Any person who violates the order faces fines of up to 100,000 baht, a prison sentence up to 2 years or both.

Source: PR Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-12
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, vogie said:

So Chonburi have banned alcohol untill the 30th of April and Rayongs ban finishes on the 15th or 16th. Banchang is a 15 minute drive for me, can't be much longer for people in Patts, a little inconvenient perhaps, but easily overcome.

Transporting alcohol is also banned and there are roadblocks everywhere. 

I saw this coming and stocked up weeks ago, and I don't even drink in the house. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

I saw this coming and stocked up weeks ago, and I don't even drink in the house. 

Obvious question ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

So Chonburi have banned alcohol untill the 30th of April and Rayongs ban finishes on the 15th or 16th. Banchang is a 15 minute drive for me, can't be much longer for people in Patts, a little inconvenient perhaps, but easily overcome.

it also bans transportation  

2 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

I have a few drinks but my liver is loving me right now 

"Any person who violates the order faces fines of up to 100,000 baht, a prison sentence up to 2 years or both."

They never seem to be able to think things through. That's a draconian punishment, and it should act as a deterrent to buying, drinking (in public spaces) and transporting booze. But as the purpose is supposedly to stop people gathering together and possibly spreading the virus, it's only a sticking plaster solution. Many Thais, especially the women, don't drink anyway yet they still love to gather in groups and share food and soft drinks and chat - and spread the virus. This booze ban won't affect any of that.

Why on earth don't they simply apply the same penalty to people breaking the rules about gatherings? That would achieve their objective far better than this foolishness. And then people who are already obeying the self-isolation and social distancing rules could be left to enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine at home.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, smedly said:

and the director of TVF operations has spoken - all hail the Matzzon :omfg:

As usually posting something that makes you stand out like you do not understand anything, I can clearly see.

Just one question. If I had that kind of power that you try to apply on me, why would I then use the word please, as in a request?

See your little fragile house of cards, broke once again. When will you learn?

• Haha 1

This will work as well as the Pattaya road blocks! If Thais stockpile they won't be able to resist drinking it all in one go with as many friends as they can! Very annoying to be locked down because of Thais inability to control themselves. Next it will be food which Thais cannot resist congregating at hourly intervals to consume then the Hunger Games will start!

Chonburi should have given a better heads up as most probably expected till the 20th.. 18 - 19 days is too long not giving people ample chance to stock up. It ain't their life's, only their little Governor egos. . For CM I am about prepared for only about maybe to the 20th - 25th. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

Try a alcohol based hand sanitizer cocktail....ps always drink alone,at a safe distance from sober people

But just 2 fingers old chap ????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, johng said:

I'm quite sure I wont be able to wait 543 years for another drink..so bought some yeast for my er baking experiments.

Brewers yeast is better than bakers yeast, using bakers yeast is like drinking a pint of Mothers Pride.

• Haha 1