Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Alcohol sales banned in Chonburi

Recommended Posts

Alcohol sales banned in Chonburi

 

imageproxy.jpeg.c50476a991a6db4b1cb9f486a1b1342e.jpeg

 

The provincial governor of Chonburi has ordered a ban on the sale of alcohol in a bid to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

 

Late on Saturday (11 April), provincial governor Pakarathorn Thienchai , announced that the sale of alcohol would be banned throughout the province until 30th April.

 

The order applies to all retailers and wholesalers of all kinds of liquor and alcoholic beverages.

 

The order also applies to the transportation of alcoholic beverages and prohibits the drinking of alcoholic beverages outdoors and in public places.

 

Any person who violates the order faces fines of up to 100,000 baht, a prison sentence up to 2 years or both.
 

Source: PR Pattaya

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-12
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DTS are causing a 9 on the Richter Scale. 😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smokes also? Or just the evil booze.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The order applies to all retailers and wholesalers of all kinds of liquor and alcoholic beverages.

Luckily I get all my alcohol through bartering - LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to close off balconies now! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, vogie said:

So Chonburi have banned alcohol untill the 30th of April and Rayongs ban finishes on the 15th or 16th. Banchang is a 15 minute drive for me, can't be much longer for people in Patts, a little inconvenient perhaps, but easily overcome.

Transporting alcohol is also banned and there are roadblocks everywhere. 

 

I saw this coming and stocked up weeks ago, and I don't even drink in the house. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Transporting alcohol is also banned and there are roadblocks everywhere. 

 

I saw this coming and stocked up weeks ago, and I don't even drink in the house. 

Obvious question ???

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vogie said:

So Chonburi have banned alcohol untill the 30th of April and Rayongs ban finishes on the 15th or 16th. Banchang is a 15 minute drive for me, can't be much longer for people in Patts, a little inconvenient perhaps, but easily overcome.

it also bans transportation  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Transporting alcohol is also banned and there are roadblocks everywhere. 

 

I saw this coming and stocked up weeks ago, and I don't even drink in the house. 

I have a few drinks but my liver is loving me right now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...