Alcohol sales banned in Chonburi

rooster59

Completely baffling how a governor has the power to dictake this and impose penalties like this.

He should close public restrooms as well and impose penalties on violators(rediculous comment i know, but then imo so is his policy why go over the pm's rule?)

• Like 1

The little family mart on the corner where I'm staying a long way down beach rd jomtien have comp!etly ignored the 6 pm deadline and today they had no sell stickers on the fridges. The guy in front of me paid for a Bottle of beer so I asked for a liter of gilbys vodka …no problems

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Why?

They want to cut down on the number of people who would normally get drunk, congregate in masses and throw (possibly infected) water at everyone else.

No booze sales means there will probably still be some, but no where near as many as you'd normally expect.

And I'm sure a lot of people know, it's been a problem in the past with people using more than just "water" to celebrate. People have been caught in the past loading up squirt guns and PVC water cannons with stuff like urine and chili powder (or the liquid stuff).
Trying to hit people in the face and knock them off their motorcycles just isn't enough "fun" for some people it seems.

One can only imagine the massive spike in infections that would occur if Songkran happened like it normally did. Within weeks there'd be hundreds of thousands of infected people around the country, if not more.

• Like 2