Non O conflicting reports are confusing

From most opinions here on this forum, those people on a non immigrant O multi entry visa whose 90 day permission to stay stamp expired after March 28th (in my case April 14th) are covered under the Amnesty and do not need to go to immigration to apply for a 60 day extension to visit wife. One "expert" on Facebook who will remain unnamed claims that this is not true and that we need to go to apply for a 60 day extension before the permission to stay stamp ends or we will effectively be on overstay after the permission stamp date. I hope that someone can categorically say he is wrong. I don't want to go to immigration if "we" are covered.

That is not correct.

There is nothing that states those that qualify for the 60 day extension has to apply for one.

They don't want people going to immigration for an extension unless they do not qualify under the ministerial order.

The only ones that have to apply for an extension are those that are not affected by the inability to leave the country. That being those on long term extensions and etc. If they do not qualify for their normal extensions they will have to apply for the special 30 day extension.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct.

There is nothing that states those that qualify for the 60 day extension has to apply for one.

They don't want people going to immigration for an extension unless they do not qualify under the ministerial order.

The only ones that have to apply for an extension are those that are not affected by the inability to leave the country. That being those on long term extensions and etc. If they do not qualify for their normal extensions they will have to apply for the special 30 day extension.

I agree. Given that the Amnesty will extend well beyond the 30th April it would seem pointless to go to CW now. The only benefit would be to avoid the crowds after the Amnesty ends although I imagine that will be staggered somehow to prevent a mass going there at once.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct.

That is not correct.

I'm Still Very Confused Joe....My 90 Day Permission to stay expires on 30 April,I Was going to go to Nong Khai Immigration BEFORE That date to apply for my 60 Day Extension....So as I'm Confused & Old Can you just give a ONE Word answer, Do I have to apply or Not....Yes OR No.....Thanks Mate....

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

It is your choice though. I personally would wait until the emergency is over and then apply for the 60 day extension.

Thanks Joe, So do you think the Emergency will be extended after the 30 th April....?? And If it Is " Just to Sit it out " and WAIT For Further Announcments  until the Borders are Re-Opened....

2 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Thanks Joe, So do you think the Emergency will be extended after the 30 th April....?? And If it Is " Just to Sit it out " and WAIT For Further Announcments  until the Borders are Re-Opened....

They will certainly extend the emergency decree for at least another month IMO. Then after it does end they will allow people to stay for a period time to leave the country or apply for extensions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justsignedin said:

@ubonjoe on this topic, I got 30 days based ot tourism at Jomtien on April 3. Can i still go and apply for the 60 days based on marriage?, either during or after the amnesty. 

Yes you can since it a different category of extension than what you have now.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can since it a different category of extension than what you have now.

Great, thanks for confirming that Joe, and in respect to me already using 1 extension, can I choose to avoid going to immigration while the visa amnesty is still in place? 

9 minutes ago, justsignedin said:

Great, thanks for confirming that Joe, and in respect to me already using 1 extension, can I choose to avoid going to immigration while the visa amnesty is still in place? 

Yes

• Thanks 1