Why is every post complaining about video ads

NanLaew

Aren't adverts the only way for the site owners (who provide a free service and advice and "entertainment" to members) to make the money required to provide that free service and entertainment to members?   On my screen there's an "X" on all the ads that makes them go away if you don't want to see them.

• Confused 4

8 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes, but maybe you are not seeing this one video add.  It is very intrusive and inconvenient, and actually it did not have a X on it a few weeks back, so you could not even shut the thing down.

If the site cares about giving free service, advice and entertainment to its members, from all the complaints about only this 1 add (the others are fine), then they must know their members might stop using the site as it makes the experience so frustrating and annoying.  

There is no issue for me on the phone reading TV, but it is on my laptop!!

8 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

There is no issue for me on the phone reading TV, but it is on my laptop!!

If it's on your laptop, then it is your fault. 

Advice has already been given as to how to avoid that state of affairs. 

Use a Browser that blocks by default or install an Ad-Blocker. It's really not that difficult.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is a private blog.

The blogowners can do what they want to do with the blog.

In this time where there is all this confusion about thai visa amnesty etc, this blog is the most informative place I have seen on the internet.

Adds like it or not, but where else, we can get the same information and help each other ?

Maybe the blogowners could consider an add free pay version of the blog ?

I understand it costs money to run a blog like this, the money can come in 2 ways: Adds or userpayment, what do you prefer ?

• Sad 1

This forum is for "support" , that is technical issues or functional problems you may be encountering around the forum or help you may need to carry out a task or function of general use issues etc.

It is not a complaint desk, nor a place to off load frustrations.

If you entered any other forum here and the first page was ALL THE SAME  topic you would be quick to complain about that.

The topics here have been closed as "asked and answered" It is pointless opening a new topic on the same thing, furthermore there is a pinned notice from Admin addressing that very issue and there is nothing more to add to it at this time, hence the referral to that notice.

When there is something new it will be updated.

The OP should not be commenting on the closure or removal etc of anything on this forum as that violates forum rule 10.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

This topic will now be closed for exactly the same reason, "asked and answered".

Refer to Pinned Notice:

If you have complaints or questions concerning the policy here they should be directed to "support" via email  as stated in forum rule 10.

CLOSED.