Full-time Teachers: How Are You Gonna Be Paid This Coming School Year?

56 minutes ago, garygooner said:

BobbyL, is it possible that students could return to the classroom before July 1st? I believe for Thai schools it's July 1st, but Inter schools not necessarily. 

If the state of emergency ends we will reopen straight away according to our management. Our term 3 runs from next Monday to the third week in June. 

A school would be rather stupid to 'let go' teachers - by not paying them (and then the teacher has a big problem too regarding money/visas, etc). Where will they get new teachers from when schools open? There will no new teachers coming from overseas for the forseeable future. No doubt the teaching pool has already dwindled considerably as I assume many went back to their home countries - especially new teachers with no ties here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavisH said:

A school would be rather stupid to 'let go' teachers - by not paying them (and then the teacher has a big problem too regarding money/visas, etc). Where will they get new teachers from when schools open? There will no new teachers coming from overseas for the forseeable future. No doubt the teaching pool has already dwindled considerably as I assume many went back to their home countries - especially new teachers with no ties here. 

Agree, but we cannot underestimate Thailand's charm to many. Truth be told, she has been the number 1 most visited place in the world for some years now.

• Like 1