travelling between provinces with Coronavirus restrictions

zyphodb

Well, finally the update, I left my village in Nong bua daeng district early in the morning, rode to the Chaiyaphum/khon kaen border on the 229, then right to Mancha Khiri. There were no open checkpoints anywhere. Got to M.Khiri about      8 00 AM ish, stopped for fuel and a load of oil belched out over the back wheel and chain. Shyt, all not lost though, I spent a year teaching here several years ago and could remember where there was a Honda big wing service/shop so took it there, wondered off still not too concerned and had breakfast. Anyway, to cut a long story short, they couldn't fix it, but thought they might sort it tomorrow. So tomorrow came, and they told me that it would take several days to fix.........................................................

• Like 1

So, Mancha Khiri with the Coronavirus, no buses, no taxis, well there were no taxis in Mancha even without the virus. But I must get to Mukdahan this week... Time to call my expensive village relatives, rescue truck, (well just a pick up but rescue truck has a bit of a ring to it). So after phone calls to the Missus it's arranged, but not til tomorrow, managed to find some better digs in town for the rest of the day, so did my best to chill til Thursday morning, not so easy with a beer ban plus stress.....

• Like 1

So I meet up with my wife and co. at 8 00 AM and we head to Khonkaen, (not the way I'd have gone but who am I to criticize my rescuers), my missus was loving it, winding me up for several hours lol.

Then on to the 212 towards Kelesin, where we met the only manned and active checkpoint, joint Army and police, A BIB looked at my docs for a while, asked where we come from? the answer Chaiyphum, was enough to get us waved through. That was the only checkpoint we saw for the rest of the trip to Mukdahan.  

And that's it, An annoying, (for me) time consuming saga, with just an anti climax to what I was expecting I suppose...                                  TIT

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And, did you ever use the 2 page paperwork you had completed and attached to your first posting.?

My wife wants to go from Nakhon Phanom to Mukdahan, on to Yasothon then finally to Roi Et Province.

Would she need a new set of these papers for every interprovincial move?

No, but they had the advantage of being able to explain in Thai, plus we had my M/bike on the back which was described on the form, and the Farang in the front so we were pretty obviously legit...

On 4/16/2020 at 7:32 PM, zyphodb said:

So I meet up with my wife and co. at 8 00 AM and we head to Khonkaen, (not the way I'd have gone but who am I to criticize my rescuers), my missus was loving it, winding me up for several hours lol.

Then on to the 212 towards Kelesin, where we met the only manned and active checkpoint, joint Army and police, A BIB looked at my docs for a while, asked where we come from? the answer Chaiyphum, was enough to get us waved through. That was the only checkpoint we saw for the rest of the trip to Mukdahan.  

And that's it, An annoying, (for me) time consuming saga, with just an anti climax to what I was expecting I suppose...                                  TIT

where did you download those 2 documents? Thanks

47 minutes ago, Tayida said:

where did you download those 2 documents? Thanks

I got posted them by the head of English dept. at my school after asking what the lockdown was like in Muk.