Thais in Pattaya forced to sell belongings to buy food

webfact

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Oh the irony!

Manna, sometimes or archaically spelled mana is, according to the Bible, an edible substance which God provided for the Israelites during their travels in the desert during the 40-year period following the Exodus and prior to the conquest of Canaan. It is also mentioned in the Quran three times. Wikipedia

Mana kept me reading till the end of the OP as I was hoping to read the story of Man b.

55 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

That ll suit me, I m looking for a 2 year old SUV low Kms Everest, CRV, CX5 or such like. I ll guess another few weeks this situation will filter up the food chain.  Be lots of cheap properties another 3-6 months.

Fortune favors the brave, anyone holding cash will make a killing yet again.  Welcome to the "Money go Round"

Cars are the last things that they will part with.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, z42 said:

Terrible. Truly terrible that the system put in place to help the needy is proving to be simply unfit for purpose.

My gf and kids are lucky that I am living here and can help them. But she applied for the 5k baht the day it went online, still not a word.

Thai people deserve better than this.

She will not get anything either if she didnt have a job with a payslip to proove it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Odin Norway said:

She will not get anything either if she didnt have a job with a payslip to proove it.

The 5,000 baht monthly was aimed specifically for those with no payslip.  Lottery ticket sellers, motorcycle taxi drivers etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, smedly said:

I have several friends who were due to arrive this week and cancelled - it will be at least 12 months before they consider travelling again 

as for China and India I wouldn't be so confident - India is in big trouble with this virus and China thinks they are over it which I very much doubt

Thailand would be very foolish indeed to open its borders to China or India any time soon - but then money and greed rules 

India is the 2nd largest population on the planet & is not having big problems as you state especially in comparison to the US. That is if you believe all the B/S anyway! 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 19DL86 said:

That ll suit me, I m looking for a 2 year old SUV low Kms Everest, CRV, CX5 or such like. I ll guess another few weeks this situation will filter up the food chain.  Be lots of cheap properties another 3-6 months.

Fortune favors the brave, anyone holding cash will make a killing yet again.  Welcome to the "Money go Round"

hello i don't have a SUV but i have two honda for sale one 2016 jazz whit low miles and a 2018 civic turbo RS whit low miles one owner cars.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

The 5,000 baht monthly was aimed specifically for those with no payslip.  Lottery ticket sellers, motorcycle taxi drivers etc.

That is correct. Those on SS can get 7,500 as I heard? 3 months initially, but I heard it maybe extended to 6. My monthly business accounts should be due tomorrow, so I will be interested to see if the SS payments have dropped as I am lead to believe is the case?

Free food given out to the locals at many locations. Differ pub, a Thai restaurant on 2nd road near soi VC, Third road south of Pattaya klang, roaming white suv on 2nd road and beach road. From today also outside the Avenue near former McD, probably many more places to get a free meal.

• Like 1