Village headman flouts orders, holds big Songkran gathering

webfact

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

indeed. and all ppl wear masks and seem to hold distance of eachother as well.

its not as if this village headman ordered a wild waterparty, he most likely organised a simple gathering of older ppl who asked for it, with masks and distance.

He dont deserve ridicule from a bunch of sextourists...

I do agree regarding the ridicule from the usual TVF reprobates, but I would point that it was the provincial governor who raised this issue and as such he's the one best placed to decide whether this was appropriate or not.

I might add that in our village it certainly would not be condoned, let alone carried out by our Phoi Ya Ban. She's taking the 'social distancing' issue very seriously.

I bet many headmen of villages tucked away in the valleys and mountains of Northern Thailand will be hosting local Songkran parties well away from the prying eyes of "Bonkers Bangkok" - I know, I lived in such a village myself and well hidden from the main road in a valley between high mountains. We even had an illicit Lao Khao distillery!

On 4/14/2020 at 6:43 AM, prakhonchai nick said:

The maximum is I believe 100,000baht fine  + jail.    Give him both.

So people make a decision that you don't like and your solution is to put them in a cage.

Did he force people to participate or are they all willing?  It's no surprise governments world over are acting like tyrants, it's in their nature.  What makes me sad is people are demanding this behavior.

Lord help us

• Like 1