Does the 30-day extension of one's stay start from 30th of April 2020 (COVID-19-related automated stay extension) or from 30 days after visa-free entry to Thailand?

When extending one's stay after entering Thailand as a French citizen via the visa waiver programme and after benefiting from the COVID-19-related automated stay extension till the 30th of April 2020, does the regular (manual, 1900-THB, non-covid-related) 30-day extension start from 30th of April 2020 or from 30 days after entry to Thailand?

----

The question can be rephrased via the following example:

1. Robert arrived in Thailand on March 15 with the visa waiver programme.
  2. On April 30, 2020 applies for a 30-day extension (regular, manual, 1900-THB, not covid-related extension).

Will Robert be allowed stay in Thailand till ~May 15, 2020 or ~May 30, 2020?

Edited by Franck Dernoncourt

After the emergency ends and a date is set that people need to leave the country by or apply for a extension I would think that the extension if applied for would start from the date set to leave the country or the date of application but we will have to wait and see how they do it. It will certainly not start from the day your original permit to stay ended.

2 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Also, do we think they will be giving out (selling ????) 30 day extensions if you've already had them once this is over? Wont it be more like; there's a week grace period - get a work visa etc, bounce to another country, or get outta here..

That's exactly what you would expect. Won't be a second extension available.

16 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Also, do we think they will be giving out (selling ????) 30 day extensions if you've already had them once this is over? Wont it be more like; there's a week grace period - get a work visa etc, bounce to another country, or get outta here..

There will be a greater notice than a week. How could everybody affected buy tickets and/or make a arrangements to leave the country in a week. I think they will make an announcement that the emergency decree will be phased out over a period of time before it ends (one month?).

I think they will make an announcement that the emergency decree will be phased out over a period of time before it ends (one month?). "

or maybe sooner ?  Just for FYI .. 2 days ago on Sunday afternoon the police came to my guest house.  I’m the only one here and have been for a month or so.  Not many remaining in nong khai.  So, landlord comes up my stairs and he usually never does that, says police need to speak with me.  They were .. "Your papers, please."  They said they were checking all foreigners documents/passports and then proceeded to take fotos of biometric page, visa, visa extension, and tourist white stub.  They said the governor wanted to know about all foreigners remaining.  I feigned disinterest and indifference, especially when they were wading thru all the stamps and visas that border guards worldwide stamp in no particular logical order.  Say nothing, do nothing.  After doing all this they then asked to see receipts from when I first got here.  Landlord fumbled thru his book and I reminded him what date and his response was "oh yeah," knowingly, since I travel in and out to Europe and he quickly understood to show latest entry instead of, for sure, confusing them.  Still fumbling, I told them the date, they accepted that, didn’t need to see receipt, left.  I watched them drive down the street, cross a main road and go to another, a hotel.  I talked to an acquaintance east of me by 350 meters, next day, and he said same thing happened to him, there.  Only him and three or four other remain on huge premises.

why they were doing this task I haven’t a clue.  I can only guess.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There will be a greater notice than a week. How could everybody affected buy tickets and/or make a arrangements to leave the country in a week. I think they will make an announcement that the emergency decree will be phased out over a period of time before it ends (one month?).

I also think it will be longer, but someone mentioned 7-days in another thread.

It is hard to imagine how they will announce it though. One final extension along the lines of "Things are getting back to normal, amnesty ends in 30 days, visit an immigration or leave before then?" 

1 hour ago, greggraham said:

I also think it will be longer, but someone mentioned 7-days in another thread.

That is the standard amount of time for a extension denial and it is mentioned in the order those on border passes to leave after the border crossings open.

It certainly will be longer than 7 days for other people stuck here due to

borders being closed and no flights home or anywhere nearby that are closed to entries