Internet Charges

Doisaketmoobaan

Since i am now onine a lot i was wondering if there are better deals out there than what im paying? I am paying 400 baht(actually 387/discount) for 40 hour from Inet-easy I like it because its not that 1222 number because thats hard to logon to after 4pm.

Any better deals out there?-R :o

Since i am now onine a lot i was wondering if there are better deals out there than what im paying? I am paying 400 baht(actually 387/discount) for 40 hour from Inet-easy I like it because its not that 1222 number because thats hard to logon to after 4pm.

Any better deals out there?-R :D

One important consideration regarding cheap fees is how fast your connection is, and how much downtime you average- and all the services have downtime...

Also, some servers will continue to charge you even after you've hung up...They don't always reset properly, and you wouldn't know unless you tried to log in again, before the server was reset (assuming your ISP only allows one login at a time)....Loxinfo had some problems like this last year....

I pay 9 baht per hour with Loxinfo, and I still feel they have the best service and techs, overall. Whenever I've had a problem or issue, They have taken care of it to my satisfaction. I am online over 350 hours per month, all with Loxinfo.

In the past, whenever I've tried the other cheaper deals, I figured they ended up costing me more than lox, what with the disconnects, slow speeds, long periods of downtime...

If someone can find better service than Lox, I'd sure like to know about it, too. :o

Lox is good. I also use Inet, which I find comparable.

Problem with Lox is their security. Their entire database was available online, not sure if it still is, so Spam mounts up in a lox box quicker than anywhere else.

Im am using IPstar Express Megabit 2, which gives me 128K up and 512K down, in a 3,000 MB (3 Gig) monthly traffic package for 8,000 Baht +VAT.

http://www.csloxinfo.com/broadband/ipstar4_en.asp

As a backup I am using "when-heavy-raining-or loxinfo-<deleted>-up" a AIS GPRS package with unlimitd GPRS access for around 1,000 Baht per month, and with a speed of approx 36K.

I have to maintain approx 20 web sites daily, and need speed, even if it is expensive.

Now finally I find reason for not weeping all day long about not living in LOS:

I'm on a cable modem (constant unlimited traffic) with 3Mb/s down and 256 kb/s up... I don't see how I could ever go back to dial-up..and the cost (initial offering) is only 800 bath/month (will double after 3 months which is still cheap though).

/// DFW :o

Im am using IPstar Express Megabit 2, which gives me 128K up and 512K down, in a 3,000 MB (3 Gig) monthly traffic package for 8,000 Baht +VAT.

http://www.csloxinfo.com/broadband/ipstar4_en.asp

As a backup I am using "when-heavy-raining-or loxinfo-<deleted>-up" a AIS GPRS package with unlimitd GPRS access for around 1,000 Baht per month, and with a speed of approx 36K.

I have to maintain approx 20 web sites daily, and need speed, even if it is expensive.

George so you are using satellite? as I am in Chiang mai I havent heard too much positive response about its reception here?-R

Well I Guess I will have to be the first to admit that I do use 1222 :o

for my personal line anyway. I use Ego e15d at 175B per 15 days. They let you stay online 24 hours per call ... there are usually 3 or 4 bad days per month though where you just can't seem to stay connected. I usually connect withing 5 minutes .. busier times it can take upto 15 but I stay connected so long that it doesnt bother me. I download 8GB+ (yep that big G big B)of data every month I pay 350B for internet every month and my phone bill is 300 - 400B.

For work: I have been supporting a couple of Movies that are filming in town and we have 256k ADSL from KSC and its Expensive at 13,000 per month .. but it is reliable and we actually get the full 256K. We could have gone with cheaper Packages like Ji-Net at 6,000 (prices from the end of December when we set up the office) but the "Best Effort" downtime clause wasn't comforting.

/SM

I use LOX, I-NET and now I have TTT, I find that TTT is the one I use most,335 baht per month and good for 3 hrs per connection, will then reconnect.

I had IP-TV dialup with incoming sat,but it was 1500 per month and I never could use the sat most of the time as it would not hookup,and they would not try to make it work but did send the 1500 bill which was payed auto on my credit card.

So now I just stop by the TTT office once a month and buy a card,or pick up 2 or 3 at a time which saves the monthly trip to town.And it is not 1222 but a regular phone number.It is called N-RICH PACKAGE,30 days for 335 baht.

Pobly because 1222 is overloaded I have found.

But you will never get a Thai ISP to admit to any fault with them.

I have better luck with T-NET BY CAT,which is the unlimited monthly bt TTT. hardly ever dis-connects the phone con. and hooks up between 48 and 52. and stays connected to the net better than any of the others LOX included.

I am using the Ksc-sanook pre paid cards, the 50hour 259baht(220baht panthip) or the 100 hour 449baht(350baht panthip). they allow 8 hour blocks.

but from the results of the ToT ADSL forum I am thinking of tryig the 1000baht per month plan.

:o

With Web-1222 I find that it drops out very often.

Failures on 1222 are not generally down to the Thai ISP.

When TOT set up the 1222 network they bought cheap (and nasty) modems

and these are the main part of the problem. Also there may be shortage of connections in your area, so TOT will route your call over additional links to find a free modem. This also can impact the quality of your connection.

By way of example, I use Pacific internet.

450 baht per month for all I can use, in maximum 3 hour sessions.

On their 1222 service I often get cut off,

but with the local dial number availalble in Chonburi service is much better.

That will not be much help to the guy in Chiang Mai, but it does explain a lot.

The better the quality of your own modem also comes into the picture!

Edited by astral

I use LOX, I-NET and now I have TTT, I find that TTT is the one I use most,335 baht per month and good for 3 hrs per connection, will then reconnect.

I had IP-TV dialup with incoming sat,but it was 1500 per month and I never could use the sat most of the time as it would not hookup,and they would not try to make it work but did send the 1500 bill which was payed auto on my credit card.

So now I just stop by the TTT office once a month and buy a card,or pick up 2 or 3 at a time which saves the monthly trip to town.And it is not 1222 but a regular phone number.It is called N-RICH PACKAGE,30 days for 335 baht.

Thanks Kevin- switched to ttt n-rich program and love it i will be saving about 700 baht a month-thanks-R :o

• 3 weeks later...

Like Doisaketmoobaan I'd be interested in hearing of IPstar experiences in Chiang Mai. Positive comments seem to relate to BKK. Is it possible that the greater latitude reduces reliability?

For backup to ADSL:

Samart unlmited, 400/month when paid in advance for 6 months. 5 hour sessions, 50-53k connections, NOT 1222. Sometimes the line is busy, but usually will connect within 1-3 tries. Very few drops. Speed is good.