Avoid The Jinda Guesthouse & Resturaunt In Ao Nang

steffi

Now I don't speak for the guesthouse but I have a new rule and that is to not eat dinner at any resturaunt associated with any guesthouse. These are typically there for the breakfast and I should have known that but this place served some of the worst food imaginable for the price. For instance we had Tom Yum Gung that didn't taste anything like same 100 thb and we ordered a dish with squid and got 3 pieces of squid for 100 thb. We specially ordered our meal family style and instead of having a dedicated chef on hand you had the waiter doing some of the cooking in the kitchen and they brought out each dish separately and expected us to eat it "sequentially" instead of together. This turned out to be a good thing because after the second dish we cancelled the third and left and still had room in our stomachs for some edible food.

I strongly advise that you walk across the street to Tanta's Seafood and there you will have a very positive dining experience and the food is reasonably priced, atmosphere is superb. Be warned that they are strict about not seating two people at a table of four and that can upset some people.

Edited by steffi